Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm New/Back/Leaving!

Pickle

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, everyone, would like to introduce myself to the forums.

I'm here, as well an aspiring PHP programmer, to further my skills.Ā  Albeit this may not be the best place for that, this site iterests me. I haven't checked yet, but I'm hoping player data is store via database.

How'd I end up here? Well, I've actually played on the eclipse engine or some earlier version about erā€¦ 8-9 years ago on a server called Koronia which was the beginning of my MMORPG journey haha. Soon after I began playing a game called Tibia, played that for several years and finally retired after the game declined to a sad and pathetic state (this is in early '07). Then I ended up at a community called OTFans after an old friend on TIbia introduced me to (O)pen (T)ibia. OTFans was a player and development community for Tibia private servers. I began making and customising my own servers and had a blast for a few years. During that time I picked up on a little LUA, SQL, and markup languages. I fiddle with that mostly through highschool and ended up as a moderator on the forums. From 17 - 18 my activity on the forums slowly decreased eventually stopping except for the occasional browsing to recall fond memories.Ā  I just recently stopped by those forums (I'm 20 now) to consider developing but sadly the OT community has declined into terrible shape and will eventually die due many things among them the death of Tibia itself. So I'm here: I love open source communities, 2d sprite based mmo's, and I want to further develop my skills. I really hope I'll enjoy my time here and hopefully contribute to the development of this community.

//I think the front page inspired me to write that... O.o

@Composer:

> Bad news: look like my parent think the internet gonna turn me into a bad person and had decided to cancel the internet serviceā€¦ tomorrow. So.. i just want to tell you all... I wont be here as often anymore. I will miss most of you :(

Oh wow!

Sorry but that is pretty funny. Enjoy living an insular life in the 21st century, though.

@BK201:

> -snip-

Welcome to the community. I played Tibia way back in the day; so it's dead now? That's too bad. Your opening post is pretty long winded, Eclipse MMO forum community isn't too serious to be honest, just a gathering of hobbyists interested in video games (MMOs) and how they work.

@Composer:

> Bad news: look like my parent think the internet gonna turn me into a bad person and had decided to cancel the internet serviceā€¦ tomorrow. So.. i just want to tell you all... I wont be here as often anymore. I will miss most of you :(

NOOOOOOO. WAS IT ALL MY COMMENTS? NOOOOOOOOOOO

Also; isn't the internet a human right?

@Composer:

:( bye Yumi

@Composer:

Actually. Theyā€¦ Idk, they said that they gonna cancel the internet, but for some reason i dont know, they havent cancel yet. And they havent say anything about whether they are changing their mind or not. It all up to luck now. Im trying to act like a nice kid >.>

I can say for certain nobody here will remember me, but a few years ago, I was moderatly-sort of active on the forums but it's been ages since I've ever logged on. And I'm going to be getting on here a lot more often, so hello everyone.