Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm New/Back/Leaving!

Pickle

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy shit it has been a LONG time since I've been here.
I'm surprised to see the community still doing so well. This is amazing, even if the engine pretty much looks the same as it did 5+ years ago.

Aaaah the memories of trying to code a game using Eclipse 1.0 beta. Nostalgia all over the place.
So how are things running now? Seems like most everything's doing fine, don't recognize half the names here anymore though. xD

@Oizumi03:

> **the engine pretty much looks the same as it did 5+ years ago.**

Cool story, bro. Tell it again.
Also, You registered 3 years ago. Why are you saying that the engine looks the same after 5+ years? Because, if you grab a copy of the 5 years ago Eclipse Evolution and Today's Eclipse Origins, you could write 3 pages about their different features.

Anyways, I'm glad you're back.

Because I never really started being part of the community for 1-2 years. Was only like 12 or 13 at the time and didn't really care. I was pretty much just looking for something that would more or less make a game for me. Which, I eventually figured out, is virtually impossible.
Found this place originally by accident and downloaded it and checked it out. But I forgot how I got here in the first place and never found it again.
After finding it again from a friend who was trying to get into creating games like I was, I started being part of the community. Then I became uninterested in coding and found myself studying more.
Was in the process of moving into a new place and I found a piece of paper in a notebook that had a lot of old usernames and passwords for various websites and the "Eclipse Engine" one I made caught my eye. Checked it out and bam, found this place all over again.

I haven't bothered to look at the new-new engine at all yet. Might not either, too much other things going on right now at the moment with moving in and all. But I remember when EE 2.2 came out and totally wiped the floor as far as what it could do compared to the previous engine. I can only imagine how much superior the Origins I think I saw it called.

@Oizumi03:

> **I haven't bothered to look at the new-new engine at all yet.**

:| I dont want to start an argument or so, but, why you bother to say it looks the same as it did in 5 years ago if you haven't even tried the current one at all?

Erm, forget it. Just… welcome back.

I have my own project going on. Just using a normal compiler and coding it myself.
It looks really nice though, definitely has a lot of features I wish it had all those years ago.
Directional blocking, dynamic sized maps, admin panel, fixed animations, working spells, etc.

Back then though, I didn't know a whole lot about coding either and used most of the scripts from the forums instead of working on my own. Now it's a whole different ball game.

Anyway, I didn't mean to start a flame war over something so small from just visiting after so long.

I've been rather inactive lately. The truth is, I was bedridden with a bad case of mono and spending my weekends in the capital lobbying for my school district while trying to handle AP classes.

After Christmas I'll be on a lot more, assuming people here become interesting again. It's been a bit slow.

@Soul:

> NamelessSoul: this topic is so that people can say that they are new/back/leaving. Creating arguments doesn't add anything to the discussion.

Yup, I know. Sorry.
@Pinkamina:

> I've been rather inactive lately. The truth is, I was bedridden with a bad case of mono and spending my weekends in the capital lobbying for my school district while trying to handle AP classes.
>
> After Christmas I'll be on a lot more, **assuming people here become interesting again. It's been a bit slow. **We both hope so. but, meh. Well, you'll be missed lollicat. BTW, I'm GuzmanM. Remember me? :D****