Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Origins v2 Beta

Robin

Origins is awesome and has everything needed to make a good game, BUT. I just wanted to make a nooby suggestion. What about Buffs? Not spells, but buffs that increase your stats for a set amount of time, and then there is a cool down time and all that. Maybe it can also change your sprite? I don't think it's such a bad suggestion, just really hard to make.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ayevdayev:

> Origins is awesome and has everything needed to make a good game, BUT. I just wanted to make a nooby suggestion. What about Buffs? Not spells, but buffs that increase your stats for a set amount of time, and then there is a cool down time and all that. Maybe it can also change your sprite? I don't think it's such a bad suggestion, just really hard to make.

It's not hard at all to make. I agree with you on the buffs suggestion. Those are very general for most games.

For the record: I really hate seeing other programmers tell people, reporting **actual bugs** in the EO Bugs thread, that they can easily fix those bugs themselves. If its a bug, it shouldn't be fixed by the developer; it should be fixed by the engine developer.

@MrMiguu:

> It's not hard at all to make. I agree with you on the buffs suggestion. Those are very general for most games.
>
> For the record: I really hate seeing other programmers tell people, reporting **actual bugs** in the EO Bugs thread, that they can easily fix those bugs themselves. If its a bug, it shouldn't be fixed by the developer; it should be fixed by the engine developer.

Agreed.

@sunku:

> why i mean yes no one likes it but most tutorials still are about EO 1.1.0…...........

Nothing to do with people liking it or not. Huge amounts of work went in to developer Origins after v1.1.0\. Including huge security fixes, stability enhancements and optimisations.

Forgive me if I think my core engine changes are slightly more important that you being able to follow a tutorial on adding a half-baked quest system.