Find results in...

Eclipse Origins v2 Beta

Robin

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Robin:

> Already fixed the hotbar. You can find it in the source tutorials board.
>
> Blank messages will probably have something to do with with not clearing the UDTs properly.

That and you need to clear all editable data before the TCP inits. Same thing the server does, the client needs to set all the data to the default values.

I want to make a suggestion. I don't know if it's too hard to make but maybe there could be a full screen option in a future version of origins. BTW, I can't do it myself. So don't give me the message, "Go do it yourself." because I can't. Just say no if you think it's too hard or you just don't want to do it.

@ayevdayev:

> I want to make a suggestion. I don't know if it's too hard to make but maybe there could be a full screen option in a future version of origins. BTW, I can't do it myself. So don't give me the message, "Go do it yourself." because I can't. Just say no if you think it's too hard or you just don't want to do it.

Full screen options are easy to do.

Like to put some 2 cents in the whole topic,

Robin,
This is amazing, the engine, the time your putting into it. Its grown into an amazing engine and im looking forward to seeing its future developments.

The rest,
If your here asking Robin to put things in for you, think of it this way. Robin does this FOR FREE, he is not hired by Marsh, he gets nothing in return from releasing the engine for FREE, but he does so. The least you could do is stop bitching to him about it needing this or that, its getting there.

Cheers,
Tipsta

@HL:

> Like to put some 2 cents in the whole topic,
>
> Robin,
> This is amazing, the engine, the time your putting into it. Its grown into an amazing engine and im looking forward to seeing its future developments.
>
> The rest,
> If your here asking Robin to put things in for you, think of it this way. Robin does this FOR FREE, he is not hired by Marsh, he gets nothing in return from releasing the engine for FREE, but he does so. The least you could do is stop bitching to him about it needing this or that, its getting there.
>
> Cheers,
> Tipsta

But on your end you could take into consideration that:
1\. Newer generations coming across this engine will only want what all newbies want from a orpg making engine; features.
2\. We can do only so much to quiet them down. If we understand how they work we can avoid coming across rude and be looked up to as the "experienced members of Eclipse" for giving our wise inputs on any of their questions.

Nevertheless, I agree with you.

@MrMiguu:

> be looked up to as the "experienced members of Eclipse" for giving our wise inputs on any of their questions.

Will never happen. The people who sit here begging all day don't do it because they're newbies, they do it because they're leechers. They don't want to give anything back to the community, they don't want to take the time to learn and they don't care how many rules they break as long as they get what they want.

This isn't a generation thing, you get people like this of all ages. It's nothing to do with how new you are to something it's simply a state of mind. There is nothing we can do to stop them. They'll always be here no matter how many features I add to Origins. Some people just like complaining.

However, there are far too many 'experienced' (and I use that term with slight sarcasm) members who see anyone asking a question as a leecher. Hence why some people are receiving warnings for their attitudes.

I think the eclipse origins so perfect, has much the system, lack DirectX 8 or more who have to buy or build, I'll buy the same version of Robin, already have the money

In version 2.0 are missing fix the few bugs that were, eg bug with inventory boundary that is not working

The DirectX 8 and is on sale for 50 pounds is much better than free, because people will value the work of the robin, I'm a programmer ruby and I know that ​​is not easy as long you work on your computer and getting nothing in return, and many people complaining and wanting to get more

People that are asking for features just want more features, and there is nothing wrong with that.  People that complain if Robin doesn't help or put the features in Eclipse are the people that I don't like.  But people, the people asking for new features aren't usually commanding Robin to put them in Origins.  They are usually politely suggesting it.  Suggestions = More features - New features = better engine.  That's just my opinion.  And I realize that this engine is for people who want a basic engine that they can edit to their needs, but that's why Robin has the choice about whether he thinks it is a worthy addition to the engine.

^ Nicely said. But, Eclipse is not an engine that dos everything for you. To be successful you need to learn to do things yourself. If Robin would put every feature in that someone ask's him to, Eclipse would change forever, and not in a good way :/

I agree. Origins is pretty much good to go. In terms of features it has the very basic foundations you need to build a game upon. I'm sure there are things that could be optimised but hey ho, the performance of EO2.0 for me and generally everyone is so damn good anyway. Still, to not make Robin face palm I'll stop talking about what I don't know ;)

@MrMota14:

> If i drop one item, other player cant see, the item on ground.

Thats meant to happen. They'll see it after 30 seconds.

@Petkov:

> Does that includes gold becose when i did a small alpha on my game i drop gold and a friend pickd it up.

He said the opposite, other CANT see it, with you they can. Dunno how you've managed to break that system.