Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Robins Admin Access

Marsh

Alright there seems to be a stupid rumor floating around about why Robin is no longer set to Developer. I am not going to get into the specifics of it but Robin is simply retiring to work on CrystalShire and move on with real life. I would elaborate but it is really his business and he can disclose more information if he wants.

Hopefully this thread will stop the many questions.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@DPinoy13:

> ROBIN`s GETTING A BABY????!?! :O
> and…
> noobkiller is gone nooooooooo.................

Not quite. I will possibly be taking on four dependants depending on how everything plays out, though. Either way I haven't done any work on the engine in months and I don't want to be one of those developers who just lets everything stagnate whilst staying in power.

Stepping down means I don't have as many responsibilities and it gives someone new a chance to do their thing.

@Gianni:

> bye robin
>
> ontopic: i a very sad you are quitting, now we just need to convince lightning to take your spot.

Rose is already on the job.  She's just as good as lightning, possibly better.

@DPinoy13:

> well… see yah robin :P
> EDIT: ima keep this siggy for yeh XD
>
> vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

I dont think you get what Robin was saying there… If anything, the reason Robin is leaving is because people like you spam him with questions all the time.

Good luck Robin. I certainly wouldn't have lasted as long as you taking all the heat from the question newbs all the time. It takes a lot to not break under all that pressure.

> Good luck Robin. I certainly wouldn't have lasted as long as you taking all the heat from the question newbs all the time. It takes a lot to not break under all that pressure.

Very true, thanks Robin for the time you put in to give us a great engine to build on.

@Kris:

> Eclipse is about to change! :D maybe for the better, or for the worse. No one can really tell. So, Robin has not admin powers? I would think he would put himself in the legends group.

he's in the legends group, his primary usergroup is just still newblet.

@Robin:

> Not quite. I will possibly be taking on four dependants depending on how everything plays out, though. Either way I haven't done any work on the engine in months and I don't want to be one of those developers who just lets everything stagnate whilst staying in power.
>
> Stepping down means I don't have as many responsibilities and it gives someone new a chance to do their thing.

Thanks for the time you've put into the engine. And good luck with Crystalshire.

Wow, Robin, it makes me look back at when this engine was just a newb engine, look at it now, you should be proud of yourself robin, this isn't a goodbye, since you're not technically leaving, but thanks anyway robin.