Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Project Vertigo Origins [ 1.1.4 – FINAL ] (2D Side-Scrolling ORPG Engine)

mrmiguu

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@hedgy:

> Cool, a new project vertigo, I'll wait on that one then. ^_^
>
> One question: In this new project vertigo, will the same stats be used as eclipse? And will speed (or maybe you'll use dexerity.) let the character move faster?

Might just **copy-pasta** Eclipse's stat system. I will throw in a variable to let developers easily adjust a player's moving speed so you could use it with a skill or equipment.

I need to suggest this before it's too late; Miguu, could you maybe make it so that you can switch between Vertigo-mode, and Top-down mode? I know it'd be complicated, and might take a lot of work, but it's a suggestion, and it'd make something like a MaL-BiS MMO be possible, as an example. :D.

@MrMiguu:

> Might just **copy-pasta** Eclipse's stat system. I will throw in a variable to let developers easily adjust a player's moving speed so you could use it with a skill or equipment.

Wow that sounds perfect for my game. Thanks for answering :D
I can't wait ;)

And with skills, do you mean you can add passive skills wich gives you more walk or running speed?:O

@Mythos:

> Hey mrmiguu, do you use the directx8 in the new version of the project vertigo.
> Sorry my question.

Yes.

@RisingShine:

> I need to suggest this before it's too late; Miguu, could you maybe make it so that you can switch between Vertigo-mode, and Top-down mode? I know it'd be complicated, and might take a lot of work, but it's a suggestion, and it'd make something like a MaL-BiS MMO be possible, as an example. :D.

That's a bit too complex. This engine is made to support users of side scrollers. I know it would make a game very unique but its just too awkward of a switch. I will see what happens. It might turn out to be easier to make than we had expected. Don't pray on it, though.

@hedgy:

> Wow that sounds perfect for my game. Thanks for answering :D
> I can't wait ;)
>
> And with skills, do you mean you can add passive skills wich gives you more walk or running speed?:O

The variable will work in such away where it will lose effect once a buff's time limit has reached or a player takes off their shoes and etc.

@MrMiguu:

> The variable will work in such away where it will lose effect once a buff's time limit has reached or a player takes off their shoes and etc.

Awesome, I'm wanting to make a sonic game with it so I could add this speed to sonic's shoes. ^^
Good luck with the project. :D

(But for some suggestions; I still think passive skills would be awesome. I also hope you add f1 to f12 to put skills in. And maybe and option that you automatic pickup items when walking on it. Also animated items is nice. (those animated & auto pickup items is nice for coins like in mario games or rings in sonic games. Same for a lot others.)

Hey MrMiguu, you descovered the error from texture of "DirectX8" ?, i converted the Eclipse Origins to dx8, but my version use all graphics multiple de 2(2,4,8,16,32,64,128…)(If yes, PM me please xD), it's boring.

A Image from my EO Dx8 Version:
![](http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/173/dx8.png)

@Noctis:

> Miguu what about passive skills? I thinks its a core feature

I already mentioned passive skills. Those are assumed to be in the engine. Why wouldn't I put them in?

@hedgy:

> Awesome, I'm wanting to make a sonic game with it so I could add this speed to sonic's shoes. ^^
> Good luck with the project. :D
>
> (But for some suggestions; I still think passive skills would be awesome. I also hope you add f1 to f12 to put skills in. And maybe and option that you automatic pickup items when walking on it. Also animated items is nice. (those animated & auto pickup items is nice for coins like in mario games or rings in sonic games. Same for a lot others.)

Like I said before, passive skills are assumed to be in the engine. They are not a suggestion. I will take you up on the item attribute of automatically picking them up when walking over them. I will make that an item specific attribute.

@RisingShine:

> Nah, That'd probably kill the FPS. If not, I can see that there'll be some Ground-breaking glitches from that.

What would kill the FPS? The side scrolling-to-top down system you suggested? Not really.

**@Mythos** The texture error? What do you mean by that? The image size in multiples of '2' is standard. It honestly is not a big deal. That's how engines handle wrapping 2d images over a 3d mesh to give texture. In DX8, the method programmers use to imitate a 2D mesh is the same concept, except using 2 triangles to form a rectangle.

Great work on this project I think it's amazing.

Just a quick question, the sprites that are animated (the kirby ones) do they have to be 32x32? ( I read that each sprite has to be the same size)

Cause i was hoping to make a Sonic MMO out of this using the classic sprites from the good ol' days
Yet theire around 30x40 to 40x40