Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Project Vertigo Origins [ 1.1.4 – FINAL ] (2D Side-Scrolling ORPG Engine)

mrmiguu

@takuya:

> By the way, will enemies be able to use items, spells and weapons as well?

Those are bit too developmentally-specific for me to add. Games (for the most part) become complex once the computers can use items and weapons. If you want monsters to hold items, just have their sprite holding a pixelated weapon. I don't see why monsters can't use spells, though.

[UPDATE]
Finished the DX8 engine. Runs smoothly and I cleaned up my old source for it. You can minimize the window, then bring it back up without getting the black/white screen of death Eclipse used to be famous for. You can also maximize it and the resolution will adjust.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Noctis:

> Miguu how will you skill system be its an interest thing what you planned for that. Will it be like Flyff, fiesta and others with skillpoints or like eclipse with spellbooks?

Hmm… Most likely skill books. I will also make it so you can have pre-assigned skills for classes and they won't need the books.

@The:

> Miguu how far are you from finishing or are you trying to get everyones requests into the engine?

At the moment I'm taking a short break until I figure out what to do with the graphics engine. I ran into a rendering issue and will have to see how to fix it. Other than that, I do have the graphic engine **complete** and the winsock module is finished as well. After I find out what to do I will design the main menu, login stuff, and in-game mechanics. You guys will get posted on updates as soon as possible.

@MrMiguu:

> At the moment I'm taking a short break until I figure out what to do with the graphics engine. I ran into a rendering issue and will have to see how to fix it. Other than that, I do have the graphic engine **complete** and the winsock module is finished as well. After I find out what to do I will design the main menu, login stuff, and in-game mechanics. You guys will get posted on updates as soon as possible.

I like how you did the design on the main menu from super mario dungeon.

Could anyone update the download link please? :D

Great project. Im going to try it out I hope it doesn't got many bugs that cause's a server side crash since those are the most annoying.

And wich version will be updated the most, stable or origins?

can i give 2 suggestions?

Nr. 1 would be projectiles and projectile spells
Nr. 2 would be for each character direction a spell direction or is it possible to mirror the image if the character look to the other direction?

so Miguu add it or add it not but i think it would be nice to see in your engine

@Noctis:

> can I give 2 suggestions?
>
> Nr. 1 would be projectiles and projectile spells
> Nr. 2 would be for each character direction a spell direction or is it possible to mirror the image if the character look to the other direction?
>
> so Miguu add it or add it not but I think it would be nice to see in your engine

1\. Since I am programming the **ENTIRE** engine from scratch, what makes you think I won't add projectiles or projectile spells?

2\. What? o_o

@Noctis:

> Nr. 2 explanation: if your character look to the right side the beam will come from your character to the right side and if your character look to the left side  the beam will come from your character to the left side

Those are projectiles?