Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Project Vertigo Origins [ 1.1.4 – FINAL ] (2D Side-Scrolling ORPG Engine)

mrmiguu

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Arcanjo:

> When the new version will come out of the project vertigo ORIGINS ???
>
> many speak because he is with many bugs …
> especially the connection ....

Switch out the sockets with EO:CE and fix the d/c when someone logs out (to do with a players inertia I think, a division by zero.) That's all I've seen that urgently needs fixing. Switching the sockets out takes about 2 minutes and I assume the other error won't take long to fix either.

@The:

> I have a question about the sprite layout. Will it be like the old eclipses layout(all the sprites in 1 file in rows) or will it be like origins where all the sprites are split into different files or are you making a new layout?

this won't be released for some time now, since he is doing from scratch. I bet most of your questions will be answered when it's ready.

[Update]
Built the core direct 3d 8 engine today. I decided to **mega**-spoonfeed on the comments. I also made declarations that are easy to understand and mentally organize for first-time direct 3d 8 users.

If you haven't figured it out already, I am coding the engine in DX8\. If I run into any problems, I am scurrying back to DX7 (or try n' find a solution?).

@MrMiguu:

> If you haven't figured it out already, I am coding the engine in DX8\. If I run into any problems, I am scurrying back to DX7 (or try n' find a solution?).

If you're using tutorials then that's going to be pretty fast. Pretty much all DX8 tutorials have broken rendering.

Hey, so I finally worked up the courage to switch from PVS to PVO!!! XD However, I don't know if this was previously addressed, but I am just wondering. When I have more than one person on my server, there seems to be a small bug. Whenever someone else logs on, the sprite that is lower on the map, does not perform the different frames (standing, attacking, etc.)

For example, my sister logged on, and when she did, her character would not move through the 3 standing frames I have. However, my character acted normal. My sister then jumped on a platform, and then when she reached a high elevation than I did, her character acted normal, and mine would not scroll through the standing frames, attacking frames, etc.

Anyone else have this problem? or a solution?

EDIT: I suppose this bug will be obsolete given the new PV Miguu is working on. I guess my new question is what will the new engine be based off of? Will it be similar to Origins or something totally different?