Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What would your parents do if you were gay?

TPK

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Jungletoeâ„¢:

> I agree with Gwen. I'm fine with gays, it's just the ones that makeout in public, wear huge rainbow shirts, and tell everyone they know that theyre gay that piss me off.

As much as I hate the stereotypical gays, I have to ask you why you have a problem with gay people making out in public.

Straight people do it, presumably you'd have to have a problem with that too right?

My parents wouldnt care, my uncle is as Gay as they get, and as flamboyant as they get… but he's a cool guy, bastard is rich as (thats what you get for having no kids, no wife...) so our family learnt to be accepting a looong time ago, and besides he has been with the same partner for longer than ive been alive...

At the end of the day, what people do in their own bedrooms shouldnt worry anyone but them...  You worry about what you are doing in yours.

Late quote but meh.
@Robin:

> @escfoe2:
>
> > Honestly, being gay is a choice.
>
> No, it's not.

I am born as a cannibal. We eat people that aren't part of our tribe. We find it morally accepted. A bunch of soldiers scouting the jungle in search of [insert reason] stumble upon my camp. We accept them but eat them one by one. When one the last one runs away after seeing too much, he comes back with more soldiers and kills everyone of us.

Which is immoral; the cannibals surviving the way they always did or the genocide of said cannibals due to their "immoral" conduct?

I have to agree with ddunit there, you cant say that being gay is a choice…

I know quite a few people that really really DID NOT want to be gay... they even got married, had kids... all in the efforts to fool themselves they were "normal"

About 17 odd yrs ago.. My best friend, when he was 15 came to me in tears, told me his dad had just left his whole family for another GUY.... he had 3 kids... the most smokin wife I have seen for a long time.... but nope, ....

all that and he couldnt deny what he had known his whole life, and after 20 odd yrs of marriage, he couldnt take it anymore.

In fact its sad, alot of people end up committing suicide because they cant stop their genetic impulses...

Bottom line its not a choice, its something thats dealt to you upon conception.

@DDunit:

> I am born as a cannibal. We eat people that aren't part of our tribe. We find it morally accepted. A bunch of soldiers scouting the jungle in search of [insert reason] stumble upon my camp. We accept them but eat them one by one. When one the last one runs away after seeing too much, he comes back with more soldiers and kills everyone of us.
>
> Which is immoral; the cannibals surviving the way they always did or the genocide of said cannibals due to their "immoral" conduct?

Though I understand the point your trying to make with an exaggerated example, it does not actually represent the situation very well.
In a way, your scenario states that homosexuals have sex with people of other sexual orientations.
SO a homosexual in this tribe would rape a heterosexual.
Which would be extremely wrong, since rape is wrong in any situation.
Also cannibalism is of course completely immoral, if it's acceptable inn their tribe, then they may eat others that follow their morals, but if they eat those who are innocent in the society of today, then they must be stopped.
The genocide however, would be over the top.
THOUGH at the same time, I strongly believe in the death penalty, for serial killers that is.
In certain situations murder is almost acceptable, when you have no other choice.
But if your killing to feed your stomach when you could easily eat anything else, with much more ease, then the fault is your own. Since you can't just as well arrest an entire tribe of serial killers, I see no other choice. Though we could also just throw the most evil killers onto the island for the tribe.

But this debate is on gay rights/what your parents would do if you we're gay.
So yes xD

Above was all my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...
@Devo:

> you cant say that being gay is a choice…

People make decisions, making the decision to love someone of the same sex based on impulses and desires is a choice ;D. OFC you don't get a say in your attractions etc. But ultimately the individual who decides to go out and love someone of the same sex decides to be 'gay' socially. In a sense it's somewhat a choice.

What you're saying is that you're choosing to accept yourself, not that you're choosing to be gay.

This is true. Heterosexual people decide that they're going to be open about their attraction to the opposite sex just like homosexual people decide that they're going to be open about their attraction to the same sex.

Honestly, I don't know why you even bothered posting that. It's common fucking sense.

I understand people are gay because they are attracted to the opposite sex than what everyone else in their gender likes. But really, as I said above. We're not that different. Women are starting to work all over the world equally as men, even some act like men, and some men act like women. Just a small genetic change keeps us apart.

@Helladen:

> It still puzzles me why people can be homosexual. Men and women aren't that much different.

Can you explain this it confuses me, I don't understand your argument.
It's like saying
I understand why people have dogs as pets, dogs and cats aren't that much different.
What your saying, is true, males and females aren't that much different.
In terms of their rights, species and involvement in society.
Genetically speaking, we are completely different.
Males and Female's have unique instincts.
We both have different chemicals controlling our brain activity, a different balance causing a difference in personality and perspective.
We are both incredibly different, men and women.
But even so, that has little to no relevance towards this topic.

How would a man being slightly similar to a women have any significance to the argument, I'm extremely confused.
Men usually look nothing like women, the distinct orientation between bones, flesh and hair can easily tap into ones limbic system.