Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What would your parents do if you were gay?

TPK

My parents would be fine with it, there very open minded and raised me to be the same.
What I dont understand is why people have such a hard time understanding homosexuals, I have a natural urge that attracts me to females, Is it really that hard to grasp that they have a natural urge that attracts the to males?
Seems simple to understand and accept to me.
And even if you dont accept them, its easy just to turn the other cheek and Ignore them. If people want to buttfuck in the privacy of there own home why should you care? We do the same to you when you want to brainwash your children and turn them into arrogant pricks.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Kinjiru:

> My parents would be fine with it, there very open minded and raised me to be the same.
> What I dont understand is why people have such a hard time understanding homosexuals, I have a natural urge that attracts me to females, Is it really that hard to grasp that they have a natural urge that attracts the to males?
> Seems simple to understand and accept to me.
> And even if you dont accept them, its easy just to turn the other cheek and Ignore them. If people want to buttfuck in the privacy of there own home why should you care? We do the same to you when you want to brainwash your children and turn them into arrogant pricks.

There is no way to remove this negitivity, without removing negitive terms such as "homosexual", "niger", "gay", and etc. Until people start refering to other people as "human" there will always be this negative background, were many people can't accept others for how they are.

This is just my opinion, but most of it is fact.

@Koovo:

> @Hyperion: Praise the Almighty. I think we are on the same page. My initial and subsequent posts succeeded in failing.  Perhaps my blunder was including the bit about rights and whatnot.  Sometimes I find it difficult to express myself with the written word, especially with a delicate topic such as this. 
>
> Is the following not unlike your view on the matter at hand?
>
> Person A finds Person B (insert adjective here) because he/she is gay.  But Person A does not act upon his/her opinion and therefore should be protected from attack.  Basic human rights are not in question and are not demanded to be only for a select few.  Leave Person A alone.

Correct.  Take liberty, freedom, and rights out of the equation and you have my view pretty basically summed up.  I don't care what another person thinks as long as it doesn't directly effect me.

Sure dislike me and my actions; that's fine.
But don't try and take away rights and spew hatred.  That's where I draw a line, and that's where things need to change.

Like seriously, you can have your viewpoint but I deserve the same common respect and civility that you **ought** to be showing everyone else.  If people could grow up and just treat others civilly then things would go so much smoother in life.

If you show me common respect then in turn I'll return the favor.

@ShawnyBoy:

> There is no way to remove this negitivity, without removing negitive terms such as "homosexual", "niger", "gay", and etc. Until people start refering to other people as "human" there will always be this negative background, were many people can't accept others for how they are.
>
> This is just my opinion, but most of it is fact.

On a side note Homosexual and gay is a proper label if you ask me and there aren't any negatives attached to the words unless someone purposely attaches those feelings to them. 

Like I said before, I don't necessarily think we need to "stop" the hate or dislike, everyone is entitled to an opinion it's just that there are proper ways to express said opinions that don't involve protesting and taking away peoples rights.

@Zonova:

> @Robin:
>
> > **Facts;**
> > * You do not _choose_ to be homosexual. It's in your programming. It's a perfectly normal and healthy variation in sexual orientation.
> >
> > Around the point where I stopped reading further
> >
> >
> > If you can't even read the points of an opponent in a debate then you've just damned every point you could have possibly made.  Though like I said before and with the reasons I said before I can't see why someone would choose it.  I also don't see how children can choose to have a different sexual orientation at a young age if they've never been taught about them.

Why would you choose to be gay? Did you choose to be straight? No. It just happened.

Do you choose to get a boner from a vagina? No. Do I choose to get a boner from another penis? No.

It just happens. Do people choose to be resented by over 50% of the population? Do the unlucky people choose to have their families ridicule their every move and be ashamed to be seen with their children? No. Who would WANT that? Do you even think of other people's feelings before you speak? You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. I don't try to tell people how it is to be a woman, because I'm not. I won't go around telling people stuff I know nothing about.

You think gay people made up the fact that it can't be helped? If it was that easy to change, why would people "stay gay" long enough for people to bash their heads in, shoot them, beat them to death and burn them at the steak. Wouldn't people change their mind to "normal" to save their lives?

So please shut the fuck up and get some goddam manners before you give an opinion you obviously know nothing about.

@Chakkra:

> It just happens. Do people choose to be resented by over 50% of the population? Do the unlucky people choose to have their families ridicule their every move and be ashamed to be seen with their children? No. Who would WANT that? Do you even think of other people's feelings before you speak? You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. I don't try to tell people how it is to be a woman, because I'm not. I won't go around telling people stuff I know nothing about.
>
> You think gay people made up the fact that it can't be helped? If it was that easy to change, why would people "stay gay" long enough for people to bash their heads in, shoot them, beat them to death and burn them at the steak. Wouldn't people change their mind to "normal" to save their lives?

^ with possibly a little less anger.

It's hard to hold my optimistic/friendly mannerisms around such ignorant people. -.- (people against homosexuality.)
Though I must say I find it easy at the same time because of all the respectable, open minded people : D. (For homosexuality)
Though some might find it ignorant to say "you wrong, I'm right"
In most cases, there is always a right and wrong.
In this debate, I know that the side for homosexuality is 100% right.
Since the side against homosexuality does NOT benefit any being in any way, it is 100% wrong.
Their views are purely self based, disregarding the world around them.
Unfortunately for us the side against homosexuality is protected by civil rights.
Situations like "I must rob a bank to save my friend's dying sister from a disease that they can't afford."
Now in that scenario, it would be very hard to determine which side would be in the right (Robbing the bank, not robbing the bank)
Again, these are all my opinions.

for me its one of those dont ask dont tell kind of things. My parents know im bi, but it never really comes up.

Being bi i have nothing against pure homosexuals, no one has the right to tell someone else how to live, and who they should love… but the door swings both ways. I cant stand the gays that force the fact they are gay down everyone's throat.

I went to disneyland on gay day on accident and i was appauled! The ammount of PDA was way more than any group of striaght people i have ever seen. Some were walking others around with leashes, and other inappropiate clothing. It was almost as if they were saying we are gay what are you going to do about it. It doesnt matter if you are gay, straight, bi, beastiery, neco.... whatever... just use freaking common sense and be mature. You dont need to prance around fucking disneyland wearing daisy dukes and a peter pan hat while being chained to the biker guy from the village people!

I have no problem with gays, but I cant stand flamboyant gays.... Im sorry but to me THAT is a choice.

Made me consider homicide.
Then made me commit homicide.
I buried that priests corpse in a septic tank.
*sigh*
No I didn't kill him I'm not cool enough for that : (
It's people like that who make my want to vomit out my innards, preferably all over their face.

I agree with Gwen. I'm fine with gays, it's just the ones that makeout in public, wear huge rainbow shirts, and tell everyone they know that theyre gay that piss me off.

I'm a catholic. I'm also strongly conservative. I am for gay rights, but I believe they need to be more subtle.

@Jungletoeâ„¢:

> I agree with Gwen. I'm fine with gays, it's just the ones that makeout in public, wear huge rainbow shirts, and tell everyone they know that theyre gay that piss me off.
>
> I'm a catholic. I'm also strongly conservative. I am for gay rights, but I believe they need to be more subtle.

I feel the EXACT same way. It's fine by me. W/e. Your choice. Just don't flirt with/around me. K? Thanks. :)

Thanks,
Aero/EBrown

@ग्वेन्दलिन:

> Some were walking others around with leashes, and other inappropiate clothing.

Eurgh. You get people like this in all walks of life. Luckily the gay 'scene' around here is incredibly toned down. I've very rarely seen someone who has stereotypically gay mannerisms. Hell, some of the people I've met you would never be able to tell they were gay.

Without starting another argument, the whole flamboyant festival thing seems to be something American which never caught on over here, thank God. It's people like that who ruin it for the rest of us.

@[PIE:

> Rodriguez link=topic=65730.msg708906#msg708906 date=1288846535]
> Yeah … the whole flamboyant thing is just over the top. I mean, do I run around telling everyone I'm heterosexual and proud of it? No, I didn't think I did either.

You're heterosexual? :eyebrow: