Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Project Vertigo Origins [ 1.1.4 – FINAL ] (2D Side-Scrolling ORPG Engine)

mrmiguu

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Coza:

> Gah this is so annoying >.< I can't seem to get the sprites working here is what I have:
> ![](http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/I/2011/015/b/3/2_by_coza64-d379g4r.jpg)
>
> Do I need to change…
> ```
> FRAMES_LENGTH=500
> ```

FRAMES_LENGTH is the amount of milliseconds each frame will be displayed for (half a second = 500).
What are your other properties?
```
Public FRAMES_STANDING As Integer
Public FRAMES_WALKING As Integer
Public FRAMES_RUNNING As Integer
Public FRAMES_ATTACKING As Integer
Public FRAMES_JUMPING As Integer
Public FRAMES_FALLING As Integer
```

Ah right that makes sence, in Sonic's case i should probably have that as 250 anyway.  :azn:

As for the other properties

```
FRAMES_STANDING=1
FRAMES_WALKING=8
FRAMES_RUNNING=4
FRAMES_ATTACKING=4
FRAMES_JUMPING=4
FRAMES_FALLING=4
FRAMES_LENGTH=500
```
Also (random question) do you think it'll be possible to script in glide/fly options for Knux and Tails.
(Not for you to do it personally, jut like if it could be possible)

Alright i'll fix that up and see if the problem persists.

Sorry to ask this againg but,
Also (random question) do you think it'll be possible to script in glide/fly options for Knux and Tails.
(Not for you to do it personally, jut like if it could be possible)

Lol coza you're going to make a sonic game with it too I see :P I wanted to rebuilt my sonic game in the next version of project vertigo. Anyway good luck :)

And MrMiguu, is the next version also with sprites like coza have & that you can choose how many walking/jumping/running etc frames got? If so I can already begin at the sprites :D

Yeah, the engine seems perfect for it, i'm basing mine around the Genisis years, loads of Classic stuff.
Got alot of tiles already.
I Hope yours goes well :O It'll be fun to test out.

Omg i love this engine :D. It's comming along really well. one dilema though, i've got all my Background Images for my maps, is there a way to select the background for each individual map?
AKA; I Had to travel to map 16 to get the Background i wanted…. is theire a way around this?

@Coza:

> Yeah, the engine seems perfect for it, I'm basing mine around the Genisis years, loads of Classic stuff.
> Got alot of tiles already.
> I Hope yours goes well :O It'll be fun to test out.
>
> Omg I love this engine :D. It's comming along really well. one dilema though, I've got all my Background Images for my maps, is there a way to select the background for each individual map?
> AKA; I Had to travel to map 16 to get the Background I wanted…. is theire a way around this?

Sounds fun, when it's starting PM me the link and I'll try it out :)
The mine will be the same style as the existing one. Wich means genesis tiles but advance style characters. And later ingame you'll choose a side, the one will have advanced style tiles, the other will be even older (8bit)

~Last thing off-topic, if you want to answer PM me please Coza ;)~

–And like DAK3 said I would like to know when there will be released a demo or a beta of project vertigo. :)
@RisingShine nooo Keep it on 32x32 please XD

To MrMiguu: i am wondering, will there be combo attacks, and spells that deal damage multiple times (like, a spell/skill that makes your character attack an enemy multiple times, in a short amount of time) in your next version of PV? sorry for all the questions, im just curious.

@Coza:

> Alright I'll fix that up and see if the problem persists.
>
> Sorry to ask this againg but,
> Also (random question) do you think it'll be possible to script in glide/fly options for Knux and Tails.
> (Not for you to do it personally, jut like if it could be possible)

Most side scrollers don't have a flying/glide feature. It's very simple to make. Remind me once the engine is released to make a tutorial source edit in favor of this edit for you.

@DAK3:

> Mrmiguu when realse the new version of this engine? its the best like you and this :D

I have **NO IDEA**. lulz.

@hedgy:

> Lol coza you're going to make a sonic game with it too I see :P I wanted to rebuilt my sonic game in the next version of project vertigo. Anyway good luck :)
>
> And MrMiguu, is the next version also with sprites like coza have & that you can choose how many walking/jumping/running etc frames got? If so I can already begin at the sprites :D

Yes. The same.

@Coza:

> Yeah, the engine seems perfect for it, I'm basing mine around the Genisis years, loads of Classic stuff.
> Got alot of tiles already.
> I Hope yours goes well :O It'll be fun to test out.
>
> Omg I love this engine :D. It's comming along really well. one dilema though, I've got all my Background Images for my maps, is there a way to select the background for each individual map?
> AKA; I Had to travel to map 16 to get the Background I wanted…. is theire a way around this?

If you want your mountain image as your background for map 12, name the mountain image "12.BMP" and you're set!

@RisingShine:

> Oh, and Miguu, I will love you if you made the tiles 16x16 :D. *hint*

I believe in the old PV (one you guys are using) I didn't make all the correct calculations (I used _* 32_ instead of _* PIC_X_)
The tiles will be (hopefully) relatively dynamic (16, 32, 64). Like Eclipse, you will only have to change one number.

@takuya:

> To MrMiguu: I am wondering, will there be combo attacks, and spells that deal damage multiple times (like, a spell/skill that makes your character attack an enemy multiple times, in a short amount of time) in your next version of PV? sorry for all the questions, im just curious.

This engine is being made to be as basic as possible. Don't expect anything too awesome in it. If you want awesome features, that's where you, the developer, will come in. I would have to say no for the combo system and yes for the barrage-spell attributes.

@DAK3:

> how can I change in PV (origins) the "max" map? players? ECT… pls help:)

Same way as in Eclipse Origins. Through editing the source.

@MrMiguu:

> Most side scrollers don't have a flying/glide feature. It's very simple to make. Remind me once the engine is released to make a tutorial source edit in favor of this edit for you.
>
> If you want your mountain image as your background for map 12, name the mountain image "12.BMP" and you're set!

Thanks ever so much :D. I'll try not to bother you again, keep it up with this awesomenes.

@MrMiguu:

> This engine is being made to be as basic as possible. Don't expect anything too awesome in it. If you want awesome features, that's where you, the developer, will come in. I would have to say no for the combo system and yes for the barrage-spell attributes.

ok, got it.