Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Project Vertigo Origins [ 1.1.4 – FINAL ] (2D Side-Scrolling ORPG Engine)

mrmiguu

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Pikachu!:

> have some patience please

^ srsly p10x.

I'm currently working on the console commands. The implementation was a bit difficult. Got it all figured out now. Was mainly spending bunches of time trying to find a consistent programming style to work with. I must have everything be consistent.

@Noctis:

> Maybe u can do it like robin…. but I dont know if you want it.. but I think Robins programming style is very efficiently

Do what like Robin? I would like to be original so some extent. This comment, for one reason or another, was fairly insulting.

@MrMota14:

> You can put a simple quest system??

When I get there I will consider it. Hey! Your custom title says that you're not only a pixel artist, but you're also a programmer. That's excellent. I won't have to make a quest system then since you already can do it yourself :D

@~Jake~:

> He should program like Miguu  ;)

I don't necessarily think like that. I just don't want to be another kiss-ass fanboy.

@~Jake~:

> I don't know about you, but I would want to be recognized for ME coding this engine, not for copying Robin. Idk, not the place to talk abt it.

This ^

@⌐Cδlorful¬:

> How is that offending?

Actually I have learned alot from Robin's code. He knows how to condense well. I was just referring to minor details in the way the code is presented (consistent nuances to portray signatures in favor of my preferred style of organized code).

@MrMiguu:

> Actually I have learned alot from Robin's code. He knows how to condense well. I was just referring to minor details in the way the code is presented (consistent nuances to portray signatures in favor of my preferred style of organized code).

That's all very well but how can you be insulted by some kid saying something on the internet? xD

@Robin:

> ![](http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/Reaction/1280643348696.gif)

LMAO, DAMMIT ROBIN! every time I see that picture I almost piss myself!

Miguu, you have proven yourself to be a very original programmer. I agree with Robin and you should just continue doing your "thang" without regard to everyone who has something fresh to say. In the end, all these people are using your product anyway andddd they have no idea what they are talking about… XD

I'm really looking forward to seeing what you have come up with recently! Ever since you started PV, I have been determined to create an awesome ORPG. Your an inspiration :D

*figured I start a Miguu fan boy club XD*

...still love you too Robin. It is almost as if you both got the forum high for the first time so we could see eclipse in a whole new way... =P

@AmSamurai:

> It is almost as if you both got the forum high for the first time so we could see eclipse in a whole new way… =P

psychedelic-Eclipse? Right-on, analogy, right-on!

Sorry for the lack of updates recently. Eagerly waiting for [Project:M](http://projectm.smashmods.com/) to be released! Damn the suspense.

That looks really cool! Haha I don't blame you for the lack of updates…

One quick question, are you going to fix the background issue from the old PV? and just make it optional in the .ini?

For example, if you had it turned on, then it would just read how many maps you had and then associate it with the numbers in the background folder (as it is implemented in the older PV). And obviously, if it were off then it would not even matter?...just curious :D

@AmSamurai:

> That looks really cool! Haha I don't blame you for the lack of updates…
>
> One quick question, are you going to fix the background issue from the old PV? and just make it optional in the .ini?
>
> For example, if you had it turned on, then it would just read how many maps you had and then associate it with the numbers in the background folder (as it is implemented in the older PV). And obviously, if it were off then it would not even matter?...just curious :D

Now you will specifically set a map background to an individual map.

@AmSamurai:

> ooo, will it be another layer under the ground layer? or more of a map properties feature and you put in the location of the file?

That's a valid point. I will most likely have it located within the map properties. They will scroll in relation to the player's location on that map. Taking note of how much the FPS will drop with each layer, if it is an insignificant amount, I might add more layers that scroll at slower/faster speeds.