Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse - Event System

jcsnider

What about music for me music is import for game so i went to ask it is posoble to you make to play mor e then one music on map like one music is finis then another on start…also is it posoble play music from server to all maps but to player dont need music file somting like radio net xp.any way good work o.o.on more question is this official reals or eclipse nightly realse?

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@jcsnider:

> In this modern world I really don't see a 15Mb file being a problem. (Referring to the size 3.1 will be.. maybe less.)
>
> Nightly Release: DX8, FMOD, Really cool graphic effects, little more complex, more event options, bug fixes, etc.

Its just the point of those extra graphics and shit not being needed.

Wow, this is simply extraordinary; the ability to create events just as I would in RPG Maker, but in Eclipse is just - awesome. I had two questions though: 1\. What exactly does it mean if an event is global? I think I might know this one though. Does it make it so that the event happens to everyone, rather than just you? This could be useful for cinematics and whatnot. And 2\. When may we expect a stable version of the Eclipse Event System? Thank you, and superb work on this, it brought me back to Eclipse for good!
-Tyler

First: I love this system!
Second:
I have an question:
What part of files I must delete to remove all event data? I know about maps and their "_eventdata" subfiles, the accounts files is needed too?
simpy: Where are stored the event data?

All event data is stored in the Map/Map#_Eventdata.dat files… if you simply wanna wipe all events from your game you delete those. If you wanna delete the map (as in the tiles/attributes/warps/etc...) then you delete the Map#.dat...

Each of the folders are consistent with it's contents so simply delete the files you wanna wipe in your game... the server will re-create them but blank for you to edit however you like.

I threw it together in 2-3 minutes… I was surprised that it worked at all. Sorry but it is not something that I support... the only thing I can recommend is that you are giving the correct path and such along with having a solid .Net 4.0 framework installed.

My problem is when I try to make an event based on player variables it's not working, always shows the last event page with no include the variables values.
For example my event looks like this:

> Page 1:
> If player variable "1\. Name" is equal to 0 then
> @>Show text: "exampletext1"
> @>Set player variable "1\. Name" to 1
>
> Page 2:
> If player variable "1\. Name" is equal to 1 then
> @>Show text: "exampletext2"

So it should for first hit(trigger is set to action button) show the "exampletext1", if hitted next time "exampletext2" but for me it showing always the "exampletext2" - the last page of event. When i try to make more pages in every config it still shows the last page(if it's based on player variables).

I'm doing it on fresh copy downloaded 22.06.12.

I hope You'll understand me. :)

@jcsnider, I used it with set player variable option and it works fine on Your nightly release.
But I prefer DX7 version because of my crashed graphic card and the retro style of game what am working on, I'll try to rip it from 3.0 to my 2.3v but am not very skilled in vb so can I hope You'll help me? / or just explain what part of code You changed in those section.

@Ryo:

> hello can you please post the code source of the converter for learning purposes ??
> thank you!

Nope. That program is massive… I use it for tons of different conversions, file renamings, etc....
I simply made the startup wizard for that one specific release.
Sorry.

Whilst fiddling around with the amazing features i found out an error:

example:
make a map 30by30
place an event on the tile 25x25
save the map
go back into the map editor and set the map dimensions 14by11
save the map, the event causes the server to crash when it tries to move.

~Kibbelz

@kibbelz:

> Whilst fiddling around with the amazing features i found out an error:
>
> example:
> make a map 30by30
> place an event on the tile 25x25
> save the map
> go back into the map editor and set the map dimensions 14by11
> save the map, the event causes the server to crash when it tries to move.
>
> ~Kibbelz

Yea, that happended to me as well, I had to delete map I think.

@Notsu:

> @jcsnider, I used it with set player variable option and it works fine on Your nightly release.
> But I prefer DX7 version because of my crashed graphic card and the retro style of game what am working on, I'll try to rip it from 3.0 to my 2.3v but am not very skilled in vb so can I hope You'll help me? / or just explain what part of code You changed in those section.

For now I tried to make(v2.3) it on one page based on conditional branch and it's works but still I don't know where the problem are based.
sorry for lang but am writing from phone.

Hi there I'm Sy-Man from the German corner…

I think this Event System Stuff sounds very good. But I have a Question about that. I've seen that the progress of the events are only visible for that player who hase klicked them. If I am right I see the problem of playing together in this way. NPCs and other player are walking throu walls and stuff like that...