Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Project Vertigo Origins [ 1.1.4 – FINAL ] (2D Side-Scrolling ORPG Engine)

mrmiguu

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Lavos:

> Has the connection issue with PV Origins been fixed yet? Just wondering about it.

The issue is just lag from the server receiving so many animation packets. The way to fix that is the same way Robin suggested; create a packet buffer and send them all at once while maintaining the flow of animation. It should be processed the same way the server processes Player(Index).Step.

@MrMiguu:

> @Lavos:
>
> > Has the connection issue with PV Origins been fixed yet? Just wondering about it.
>
> The issue is just lag from the server receiving so many animation packets. The way to fix that is the same way Robin suggested; create a packet buffer and send them all at once while maintaining the flow of animation. It should be processed the same way the server processes Player(Index).Step.

Interesting. I will try it out.

• 2 weeks later...
@Sealbreaker:

> you know that you can download stuff from the internet, right?? But if you don't want to you may have "reasons" I guess…
> Anyways, having a scripting-system in origins would defeat part of its purpose -.-
>
> -seal

My reason being because I have very little disc space on my computer left at the mo', and I'm too busy to find time to clear it.

Use a VB6 portable. They almost don't use space of the hard disk xD.

And come on… Why you don't want to use a pirate version? Everything is pirate in this world xD... Do you think that you're going to go to jail or something for using a very old IDE? Microsoft really doesn't care.
Maybe if you're using the new Visual Studio, or if you use a pirate Windows. That's other thing. But not with this lol.

@DAK3:

> so this Side scrolling editzion still uipdating or not update the owner?:)

I'm not quite sure. I vaguely remember Miguu saying something about fixing the division by zero error that occurs every time a player logs out. I may get around to fixing this myself in the near future, but don't hold out any hope.

@DAK3:

> so this Side scrolling editzion still uipdating or not update the owner?:)

The new EO is almost out (1.2.0) and if you argue, I will tell you to look in the EO thread and notice how active Robin has been with his updates on the engine. I will be remaking PV on the new EO since there will be vital changes (like me programming it right this time, lol) that will fix lots of current errors.