Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Project Vertigo Origins [ 1.1.4 – FINAL ] (2D Side-Scrolling ORPG Engine)

mrmiguu

@MrMiguu:

> @zeph77:
>
> > So any idea what the problem is Mr.miguu, I closed client and server and refreshed the folders then started the server and client again. For some reason it still says "Loading map…" and I think thats why I get clones of myself and the map gets all messed up. It doesn`t seem like this could be a big problem since I`ve seen this several times but I don`t know what it could be.
>
> Do you have VB6?
> I might have to make a patch to allow the client cache all the background files available and then preload them into the engine. The problem is that you're loading a map with no designated backgound image. Lets say your MAX_BACKGROUNDS = 3 and you're on map 4, you'll most likely see the clones forever unless you change that '= 3' to '= 4'. I will get on that once I get home.

Nope and I did change that in Modconstants which its now at 17 atm but I plan on having more. But yeah I guess check it out.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Azyru:

> Hey Miguu I downloaded the newest PV, but when I warp (to any map except 1) I appear in the bottom right corner and can't move, but when I warp to map 1 I warp to a normal spot on the map. Any ideas on why?

It's not an idea. I made it so if you warp from a coordinate that the new map you're warping to doesn't have (it exceeds it's boundaries), you're sent to the max x and y coordinate it can widthstand. You can't move because there might still be some bottom-of-map gravity collision issues that I haven't fixed yet. Just right click out of there.

[UPDATE]
I ported over Robin's auto-checking file system to automatically count and load every background image you have in the Backgrounds folder. I tested it and it works (who's to say you guys won't find errors). The link has been updated!
(P.S. I also made a ZeroMemory command within the DestroyDirectX function to clear to memory leak. I know there's more to it, but I just threw that in there)
[http://173.58.134.49/PV%20Stable%20Source.zip](http://173.58.134.49/PV%20Stable%20Source.zip)

Yeah the clients main menu doesnt open up. I get a runtime error 10050 or something. Which idk why but, if its anything I did all I did was change the arrows.ini to the one I had, changed gfx, backgrounds, added music on the menu, and added the GUI I had. Anyways idk I guess this is just an error that others might have gotten too.

@zeph77:

> Yeah the clients main menu doesnt open up. I get a runtime error 10050 or something. Which idk why but, if its anything I did all I did was change the arrows.ini to the one I had, changed gfx, backgrounds, added music on the menu, and added the GUI I had. Anyways idk I guess this is just an error that others
> If you had VB6, this would be so much easier to fix. I'd ask you to run the client in debug mode and read me the highlighted line.

@MrMiguu:

> @RoX:
>
> > Any news from PVO?  ;D
>
> Well, I plan on going pixel-movement with it and redo-ing the physics to match real gravity more-so.

That mean this PVO will be the base for the next versions? So u dont redo it whit EO (Final) if it will ever released? :P

> I tryed to do a testplay whit my friend and I found a bug… I am and my friend are online and if one of us exit the game then the other get a division thought zero error and when I startet my client in debug mode it hightlight the .left row in directdraw7

and this error miggu you can fix?

@ramoneknot:

> > I tryed to do a testplay whit my friend and I found a bug… I am and my friend are online and if one of us exit the game then the other get a division thought zero error and when I startet my client in debug mode it hightlight the .left row in directdraw7
>
> and this error miggu you can fix?

Download the latest PV. The one you downloaded was from my old server that did not contain the updated fixes. Unless, you did download (within the last week).

when two players are online and one left game the other gets error 11 division by zero on sub bltplayer here:

> .Left = (spriteleft * (DDSD_Character(Sprite).lWidth / 2)) + (Player(Index).Anim * ((DDSD_Character(Sprite).lWidth / 2) / TotalFrames)) ' (spriteleft * 3 + anim) * (DDSD_Character(Sprite).lWidth / 12)

@Sr_Sirius:

> One question, the actual PVO version, is situable a good base for start a game?

Well the way jumping and movement is handled causes packet clutter on the server. That's why EO's server rejects players playing PV; they're sending too many packets at once. Not only that, but the dynamic animation system I have setup sends a packet every 10th of a second to display standing animations and etc. That also puts strain on the server. In other words, PV needs to be re-done the right way. You can use PV Stable, though, as a base since it doesn't have animation packets. The server can handle things better.

I hope you don't mind me suggesting…
but it'd be cool if you could add Water tile attributes that you slow down when you fall in, and walk slower, Ice tile attributes, that you'd run instantly and slip on, Animated Elevator tile attributes, to make a moving platform, and a Weak tile attribute, where you'd fall through them if you stood on them for too long. :]

@Tsutarja:

> link=topic=46896.msg712343#msg712343 date=1289692006]
> I hope you don't mind me suggesting…
> but it'd be cool if you could add Water tile attributes that you slow down when you fall in, and walk slower, Ice tile attributes, that you'd run instantly and slip on, Animated Elevator tile attributes, to make a moving platform, and a Weak tile attribute, where you'd fall through them if you stood on them for too long. :]

This is a great idea.