Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Project Vertigo Origins [ 1.1.4 – FINAL ] (2D Side-Scrolling ORPG Engine)

mrmiguu

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you mean in the backgrounds folder then yep its named 2.bmp and 1-3.bmp have the same backgrounds but on 15 and 17.bmp they also have the same background as 1-3.bmp and 15 and 17 both have different backgrounds i set to them.

So in this case only the background from 1-3.bmp work and the other backgrounds wont for the other maps.

@zaxl4:

> If you mean in the backgrounds folder then yep its named 2.bmp and 1-3.bmp have the same backgrounds but on 15 and 17.bmp they also have the same background as 1-3.bmp and 15 and 17 both have different backgrounds I set to them.
>
> So in this case only the background from 1-3.bmp work and the other backgrounds wont for the other maps.

Let me manually test this out, then fix it, then redistribute the engine with the fix (or just tell you guys how to fix it).

::EDIT::
Fixed that bug and the bug where you would get an RTE for warping to a map that was smaller than the one you were on. I also found out that the current multiplayer system is **in fact** corrupted. Robin's next [EO] release will have that fixed. I will most likely have all these edits and fixes in the new version, with many optimizations. I found many flaws in my coding and will fix them when the time comes.

[UPDATE]
New version with the two fixes released. Go ahead and download it from the current link of the first page.

I think the reason why My backgrounds dont have a different look is probably due to the source, I'm not a source editor so I can't say I'm write or good but I searched for background and I noticed that it said (Put max # of backgrounds here) I changed it to how many maps I have and tried it out but the backgrounds are still the same, I managed to make background 3 different but over 3 they all look the same as 1\. So anyways thanks Miguu for working with this and for being nice. I'll just await the fixed up version. Btw Im using PV stable so yep.

@zaxl4:

> I think the reason why My backgrounds dont have a different look is probably due to the source, I'm not a source editor so I can't say I'm write or good but I searched for background and I noticed that it said (Put max # of backgrounds here) I changed it to how many maps I have and tried it out but the backgrounds are still the same, I managed to make background 3 different but over 3 they all look the same as 1\. So anyways thanks Miguu for working with this and for being nice. I'll just await the fixed up version. Btw Im using PV stable so yep.

Oh. Well the same problem occurred with [PV] Origins. I fixed it for Origins. I guess I'll fix it for Stable as well.

[UPDATE]
I uploaded [PV] Stable with the following fixes:
- No lag for other players on your screen jumping around.
- Loading background files works again.
- I commented out the data/packet flooding feature to avoid abrupt automatic kickings from the game.

Redownload the [PV] Stable from the current link (file updated)

I downloaded it but its still the same with the backgrounds. It wont show the others on the right map, only 1 and 2 have the same background then 3 is a different background but 4+ maps are the same as background 1\. Maybe its something to do with the images I'm using O.o idk what to say but yet thanks for working on this. I guess I'll just have to wait.

I tried the EO version and it works fine there but as for stable it won't work. Thanks if you can fix this for the Stable version, I really look forward to using PV.

Edit:So hopefully a fix soon, sorry for going crazy. I just want to know if this will be worked on. Thanks again Miguu.

Yeah Idk it still won't work for me. I'm gonna download Pv stable again to see if it works now. Anyways here is my Backgrounds folder with each picture and the number there. I also restarted the server and client and everything loaded up since when something new is added it loads a green bar to add in the pictures. This is Zax btw I had to delete that account because it had problems and now I'm not having trouble with this account.

@tleandrix:

> Hi Miguu I have a problem is that when I enter the download link does not work and tells me that the page takes long to load. if you please fix it or send the link of another place where this project vertigo.
> :azn:

Fixed.

Sorry. My server was offline (probably because I restarted my comp and forgot to start up my server). Back online :D

I downloaded pv stable again and it still wont work for some reason, maybe its my backgrounds idk but I changed (maxbackgrounds = 3) to 450 since thats how many maps there will be and it still shows the same background.

Heres how its set: (backgrounds on maps like 2-6 are same background)

map 1 is a sky background

map 2-6 is a forest background( but only 2-3 have the background the rest from here are all sky)

map7-10 is a mountain background

ect.

another thing is the sprites, you can only have a small amount and I added more but it wont show them. Please need help.

Edit:If this is working for anyone else using eclipse stable pv then can you please upload a working one. I downloaded PV stable at the first page under the Eclipse origins download and I still can't see my backgrounds after maps 4+ and 1-3 have different backgrounds which is good but 4+ has the sky background on map 1\.

Well Hope you can get this fixed soon Miguu, its not working for me idk why it wont work and if it works for everyone else Idk what I'm doing wrong. I'm pretty sure everything is the same but idk. I redownloaded pv stable and it still wont show backgrounds 4+ different they just have map 1 background so yeah. This is the only problem I'm having and idk if theres a way to make it so you can have more sprites but yeah just this stuff.

Please If everything is ok just help me to know why it wont show up. I reloaded the server and the client folder and nothing.

@zeph77:

> Well Hope you can get this fixed soon Miguu, its not working for me idk why it wont work and if it works for everyone else Idk what I'm doing wrong. I'm pretty sure everything is the same but idk. I redownloaded pv stable and it still wont show backgrounds 4+ different they just have map 1 background so yeah. This is the only problem I'm having and idk if theres a way to make it so you can have more sprites but yeah just this stuff.
>
> Please If everything is ok just help me to know why it wont show up. I reloaded the server and the client folder and nothing.

I'll look into it later today after I get home.

@MrMiguu:

> @zeph77:
>
> > Well Hope you can get this fixed soon Miguu, its not working for me idk why it wont work and if it works for everyone else Idk what I'm doing wrong. I'm pretty sure everything is the same but idk. I redownloaded pv stable and it still wont show backgrounds 4+ different they just have map 1 background so yeah. This is the only problem I'm having and idk if theres a way to make it so you can have more sprites but yeah just this stuff.
> >
> > Please If everything is ok just help me to know why it wont show up. I reloaded the server and the client folder and nothing.
>
> I'll look into it later today after I get home.

Any luck? If everything is correct I guess i can just try Origins if anything, its just the reason i dont use pv origins is no Guild and trade system which I wish I knew how to add.