Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Project Vertigo Origins [ 1.1.4 – FINAL ] (2D Side-Scrolling ORPG Engine)

mrmiguu

@zeph77:

> @MrMiguu:
>
> > @zeph77:
> >
> > > Well Hope you can get this fixed soon Miguu, its not working for me idk why it wont work and if it works for everyone else Idk what I'm doing wrong. I'm pretty sure everything is the same but idk. I redownloaded pv stable and it still wont show backgrounds 4+ different they just have map 1 background so yeah. This is the only problem I'm having and idk if theres a way to make it so you can have more sprites but yeah just this stuff.
> > >
> > > Please If everything is ok just help me to know why it wont show up. I reloaded the server and the client folder and nothing.
> >
> > I'll look into it later today after I get home.
>
> Any luck? If everything is correct I guess I can just try Origins if anything, its just the reason I dont use pv origins is no Guild and trade system which I wish I knew how to add.

[PV] Origins has a trade system Or… does it? I can't remember. Check for me. I think it does. I've been in a rather lethargic mood lately. Sorry for the lack of development.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@MrMiguu:

> @zeph77:
>
> > @MrMiguu:
> >
> > > @zeph77:
> > >
> > > > Well Hope you can get this fixed soon Miguu, its not working for me idk why it wont work and if it works for everyone else Idk what I'm doing wrong. I'm pretty sure everything is the same but idk. I redownloaded pv stable and it still wont show backgrounds 4+ different they just have map 1 background so yeah. This is the only problem I'm having and idk if theres a way to make it so you can have more sprites but yeah just this stuff.
> > > >
> > > > Please If everything is ok just help me to know why it wont show up. I reloaded the server and the client folder and nothing.
> > >
> > > I'll look into it later today after I get home.
> >
> > Any luck? If everything is correct I guess I can just try Origins if anything, its just the reason I dont use pv origins is no Guild and trade system which I wish I knew how to add.
>
> [PV] Origins has a trade system Or… does it? I can't remember. Check for me. I think it does. I've been in a rather lethargic mood lately. Sorry for the lack of development.

Its all good, and yeah ill have to check, the only problem I have is the GUI part, I made a custom one for stable so I would have to source edit which I wish I knew and I might be going to college soon hopefully… but anyways yeah don`t worry when ever you have that hype to check out what the problem is that be good, I can wait. I see you and many other work very hard on these engines so thanks alot for the help. Hope you feel better.

@MrMiguu:

> Could you help me diagnose it better? Take a screen? I'd appreciate it. The more info I have to work with, the better.

Me or Raiko?

btw Raiko I didn't see any problems with ncps walking up and down They actually walk side-to-side depending. Also positioning the sprite might help if the sprite is small thats why it appears above the floor rather then on it xD.

Right now I'm working on a DX8 version of [PV] (Going to be named [PV] X8)

It's going to take a long time, but everything will be rendered and made as simple as possible. It will still be side scrolling but have pixel movement and proper collision. No more OOP for you simple folks. You're going to have to rewrite all the equations that determine the button locations and etc. If you want to change the picture of the buttons and etc, just change the file. I'm using **one** form to load everything onto and having boolean declarations to determine what graphics should be loaded and when. I made a total of 5 modules to hold everything (most likely more will come) and some extra functions to make using the engine's directx 8 much simpler. I am writing this from scratch so that is the main reason it will take a long time. It will resemble Origins. It will remain **free** (Heaven forbid I make any of you /smf/tards pay for this pile of crap). If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

So does this mean the previous ones wont be fixed? which is still ok since I see you want to start new and make a bigger improvement xD. Also what different features do you plan to add? Is this going to be kinda similar to maplestory in a way?

Thanks if you can answer and good luck on this project Mr.miguu! hope you can get this done and improve PV.  :cheesy:

@zeph77:

> So does this mean the previous ones wont be fixed? which is still ok since I see you want to start new and make a bigger improvement xD. Also what different features do you plan to add? Is this going to be kinda similar to maplestory in a way?
>
> Thanks if you can answer and good luck on this project Mr.miguu! hope you can get this done and improve PV.  :cheesy:

Like Robin, I lack the willingness to go back and put effort into the current [PV]s. Let me work and see how much gets done and how quick.

As for features, I was planning on keeping them relatively the same. I will make decisions on a few features that I remain skeptical about since I am not sure how well they would work on a side-scrolling engine. I'll keep you guys updated. This time the GUI will be entirely different from either [PV]s.

[UPDATE]
I have good news!
I realized I made those fixes, but instead of uploading them to my webserver, they were uploaded to my Linux webserver! Lolz0rz. Try redownloading both PV Stable and PV Origins to see if your bugs were fixed. I got afraid there for a minute, thinking I ruined everything.

New video:
[http://173.58.134.49/pvx8/Movie%201/PVX8_Mov1.html](http://173.58.134.49/pvx8/Movie%201/PVX8_Mov1.html)

Hey Mr.miguu good work! the backgrounds are working good I believe from what I saw so far xD. but now theres one problem I have which is this picture. I warp to map 4 with the right background I set but it does that and makes clones of myself and pretty much look glitchy or something. Any idea what it could be, I reloaded and refreshed the background pics and I changed maxbackgrounds= 17 atm so yeah this is just the small problem I have. Other then that good work and very nice menu xD.

@zeph77:

> Hey Mr.miguu good work! the backgrounds are working good I believe from what I saw so far xD. but now theres one problem I have which is this picture. I warp to map 4 with the right background I set but it does that and makes clones of myself and pretty much look glitchy or something. Any idea what it could be, I reloaded and refreshed the background pics and I changed maxbackgrounds= 17 atm so yeah this is just the small problem I have. Other then that good work and very nice menu xD.

You tried rebooting the client?

@MrMiguu:

> @zeph77:
>
> > Hey Mr.miguu good work! the backgrounds are working good I believe from what I saw so far xD. but now theres one problem I have which is this picture. I warp to map 4 with the right background I set but it does that and makes clones of myself and pretty much look glitchy or something. Any idea what it could be, I reloaded and refreshed the background pics and I changed maxbackgrounds= 17 atm so yeah this is just the small problem I have. Other then that good work and very nice menu xD.
>
> You tried rebooting the client?

If this means closing the client window and re-opening it then I did that. I also closed the server and re-opened it as well and I guess it still has that loading map… still.

@MrMiguu:

> @RoX:
>
> > Do you release your dx8 pv? xD (its a try worth :P)
>
> When it's ready, yes. I already said I would, didn't I? I said it was going to be free and that I wouldn't bring you the dismay of paying for my terrible coding.

okay thats great and when i be better in coding then maybe i can improve PVO too

@RoX:

> @MrMiguu:
>
> > @RoX:
> >
> > > Do you release your dx8 pv? xD (its a try worth :P)
> >
> > When it's ready, yes. I already said I would, didn't I? I said it was going to be free and that I wouldn't bring you the dismay of paying for my terrible coding.
>
> okay thats great and when I be better in coding then maybe I can improve PVO too

Dude. Anyone can improve PV. By improve I hope you don't mean "let's add more features!"

@MrMiguu:

> @RoX:
>
> > @MrMiguu:
> >
> > > @RoX:
> > >
> > > > Do you release your dx8 pv? xD (its a try worth :P)
> > >
> > > When it's ready, yes. I already said I would, didn't I? I said it was going to be free and that I wouldn't bring you the dismay of paying for my terrible coding.
> >
> > okay thats great and when I be better in coding then maybe I can improve PVO too
>
> Dude. Anyone can improve PV. By improve I hope you don't mean "let's add more features!"
>
> I thought more in fixing bugs and that  ;)

> I tryed to do a testplay whit my friend and I found a bug… I am and my friend are online and if one of us exit the game then the other get a division thought zero error and when I startet my client in debug mode it hightlight the .left row in directdraw7

same for me here

@ramoneknot:

> > I tryed to do a testplay whit my friend and I found a bug… I am and my friend are online and if one of us exit the game then the other get a division thought zero error and when I startet my client in debug mode it hightlight the .left row in directdraw7
>
> same for me here

Download the most recent PV Origins? I'm fairly sure I fixed that bug. If not, I will get onto fixing it for the final time.

So any idea what the problem is Mr.miguu, I closed client and server and refreshed the folders then started the server and client again. For some reason it still says "Loading map…" and I think thats why I get clones of myself and the map gets all messed up. It doesn`t seem like this could be a big problem since I`ve seen this several times but I don`t know what it could be.

@zeph77:

> So any idea what the problem is Mr.miguu, I closed client and server and refreshed the folders then started the server and client again. For some reason it still says "Loading map…" and I think thats why I get clones of myself and the map gets all messed up. It doesn`t seem like this could be a big problem since I`ve seen this several times but I don`t know what it could be.

Do you have VB6?
I might have to make a patch to allow the client cache all the background files available and then preload them into the engine. The problem is that you're loading a map with no designated backgound image. Lets say your MAX_BACKGROUNDS = 3 and you're on map 4, you'll most likely see the clones forever unless you change that '= 3' to '= 4'. I will get on that once I get home.