Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Project Vertigo Origins [ 1.1.4 – FINAL ] (2D Side-Scrolling ORPG Engine)

mrmiguu

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Anna:

> "Nope" on what? :huh: :icon_alabanza:
> If you people are going to use this thread for your tech support than atleast have descriptive posts please; the more information you provide makes it easier to find a solution (this applies to ALL Eclipse questions).

Heres how I'm gonna clear things up. I didnt say "Tell me whats wrong with this please" as in why is it doing this? I meant it as in Look and tell me whats wrong with this picture. And, nope to getting it from a script.

You need to change all of the backgrounds in the GFX folder, Registration, Main Menu, CHARACTER CREATION, Character Selection.

MrMiguu, I can't seem to understand why your afraid someone will steal PV if you make it open source, I'm not asking for the source, but really. If there was something that looked like PV, theres a 99% chance its just an edited PV, and almost everyone would know. And besides, if they were lame enough to try to steal it, you could just tell everybody that its STOLEN, the person would probably not even edit the buttons, there too cool anyways. :3 You CAN'T say I don't have a point (without it being untruthful) about that one. :D

@[SB:

> Grant link=topic=46896.msg573783#msg573783 date=1258085268]
> You need to change all of the backgrounds in the GFX folder, Registration, Main Menu, CHARACTER CREATION, Character Selection.
>
> MrMiguu, I can't seem to understand why your afraid someone will steal PV if you make it open source, I'm not asking for the source, but really. If there was something that looked like PV, theres a 99% chance its just an edited PV, and almost everyone would know. And besides, if they were lame enough to try to steal it, you could just tell everybody that its STOLEN, the person would probably not even edit the buttons, there too cool anyways. :3 You CAN'T say I don't have a point (without it being untruthful) about that one. :D

Why bother making this argument in the first place? If you don't care, why does it bother you? I don't care and neither should you. I have reasons for not letting it go open source and if you people can't accept that for whatever reason, well then screw you people :D

@MrMiguuâ„¢:

> Why bother making this argument in the first place? If you don't care, why does it bother you? I don't care and neither should you. I have reasons for not letting it go open source and if you people can't accept that for whatever reason, well then screw you people :D

I'll remember that, and I never had an argument, I just asked a question.

@Anna:

> :huh:
> How's that mountain staying up? XD
>
> Oh, did you use a script that gave EXP? I know some scripts they don't level you up after giving you the experience even if it was above the amount needed to level. Just killing any random NPC should clear it up.
>
> If you didn't get it through a script then I dunno.

Well, turns out I DID get the error from a script, I turned scripting off and it disappeared.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Mr MrMiguu, where are you, you've got an engine to make now, Mr Mr Miguu we'll all hate you if you dont finish this engine, I mean seriously we've been waiting and some of us have switched back, yes switched back! So if you want to keep people on PV please hurry up, hurry up! Mr Mr Miguu, I hate you, (jk) your not done with the engine… (sing with the Scooby-Doo theme song)

@[TE:

> Captain evilbunnie link=topic=46896.msg583723#msg583723 date=1260349869]
> I has a question, Mr Miguuâ„¢, For your attribute called "Platforms" is that just a copy of block?

I could tell you it isn't, because platforms allow passage from below (you can jump through them, but once you're above them they act as blocks). I've asked that he add functionality so that down arrow would allow you to drop from platform tiles; that should really increase depth potential for mapping in PV.

@Anna:

> @[TE:
>
> > Captain evilbunnie link=topic=46896.msg583723#msg583723 date=1260349869]
> > I has a question, Mr Miguuâ„¢, For your attribute called "Platforms" is that just a copy of block?
>
> I could tell you it isn't, because platforms allow passage from below (you can jump through them, but once you're above them they act as blocks). I've asked that he add functionality so that down arrow would allow you to drop from platform tiles; that should really increase depth potential for mapping in PV.

Maybe a small time interval for the down button. You could always get up really high and accidentally tap down, and poof, you're falling. Like you hold it down for 1.5 seconds and then you fall.

@Anna:

> Just map it so proper ground level is Block and not platform tiles, the down arrow would only work with platforms. Also holding it down wouldn't be good when you WANT to drop quickly.

Well I mean, you do get up really high and you fuck up and press down, thats a fail right there, and 1.5 seconds is still a quick drop. Maybe less, just enough time to make sure the person actually wants to drop down.