Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Project Vertigo Origins [ 1.1.4 – FINAL ] (2D Side-Scrolling ORPG Engine)

mrmiguu

Panorama Picture in a Side-Scroller is an awesome feature  ;D, i'm trying to add it to my ES project but it's hard xD

Hey MrMiguu, PV is too good to let it die… what was the bugs things in it? Stability and what else? :/

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people were having issues with connection/lag. Another thing was people getting booted for packet flooding. I remember I released a version where you could adjust the packet storing limit via Data.ini in the server's folder. The only other thing would be the character loosing synchronization with the server (x and y axis). That could be fixed by changing the sound to DX instead of vbmp. DX plays a lot faster and doesn't lag the gameloop.

> Panorama Picture in a Side-Scroller is an awesome feature  ;D, i'm trying to add it to my ES project but it's hard xD

it's not hard…. the panorama picture should be ground and the rest not xD

anyway, miguu i think you should lock this topic because there will be MANY newbs complaining about stuff or just talking shit...  and there's not much to talk about pv... it's great and whoever has problems with it can pm you....

-seal

Actually, a panoramic background needs to have parallax to be effective, and it isn't the ground layer, it's usually a single image drawn below the map tiles.

As long as people understand that this is an inactive open-source project it will be alright. This won't work out of the box but if you can change VB6 then it will be alright.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Yeah when i press download now, it just shows white screen and download doeanot start.. url is http://www.filefront.com/thankyou.php?f=15668591&k=3ab7e4f8bd0d7160bad121db4b975e5ec647077e0ed723b64a18f3a1600b617d

wierd ,when i google it ,says that file front some times does it if using COX network or smnt.

By the way earler the thread there was a statement by someone that game is not playeble ,I had my server tested from september to october ,yeah it had its lags and bugs ,but after a while i seemed to have 'more or less' stable server with stable client.
So i mean its not that hopeless =) Expecially when mr.Miguu opened the source!

Heres the thread of game server in september if any one interested.
http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,52057.0/nowap.html

The link works for me http://www.filefront.com/15668591/Project-Vertigo_Source.zip/ But for some reason I am having problems getting it to work. I don't know if it's because of the download, or my computer but the link works.

_Sorry For the Double Post_

But i noticed that you couldn't edit the scripts from the server because the Editor wasnt compiled yet. So for those who don't have VB6\. Heres the dl for the Script Editor:

[-Compiled Script Editor-](http://www.mediafire.com/?gt51qgzlazy)

Not sure if anyone posted this yet (or if it was just mine that didn't happen to have it), but just dl it and place it in your Server folder. Now when you run the server you can edit the scripts by pressing 'Edit Script' in the control panel.
:)

-Irhymer

@Tyr:

> @MrMiguuâ„¢:
>
> > I am usually a stick to people and think I am a superior coder
>
> Even if you think you are, please do not shout it out.. It pretty arrogant.

I was attempting frustrated-sarcasm. It didn't work obviously. It seems to have offended you. I appologize.