Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Project Vertigo Origins [ 1.1.4 – FINAL ] (2D Side-Scrolling ORPG Engine)

mrmiguu

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not that easy to change. I might consider it in the future but for now I am going to convert the engine to read 5 right sprites and 5 left sprites, the first 3 frames are the walking animations, the next frame is the jumping animation, and the last frame is the attacking animation. They will be 64x64 in size. I already adjusted the y-axis of the player HP and NPC HP bars as well as their name's y-axis to be perfectly aligned with both 32x32 sized sprites and 64x64 sized sprites.

@[DEVELOPER:

> MrMiguuâ„¢ link=topic=46896.msg553654#msg553654 date=1254526946]
> It's not that easy to change. I might consider it in the future but for now I am going to convert the engine to read 5 right sprites and 5 left sprites, the first 3 frames are the walking animations, the next frame is the jumping animation, and the last frame is the attacking animation. They will be 64x64 in size. I already adjusted the y-axis of the player HP and NPC HP bars as well as their name's y-axis to be perfectly aligned with both 32x32 sized sprites and 64x64 sized sprites.

I thought you could mabye, you know, flip the sprites?
You could save room for that… Or you could make it so that you can hide yourself when casting spells....Would be convenient... Also you could make it so the spells can fly like a projectile... That'd be useful... You could also make your charecter be from the Bigspriets sheet...Oops srry for brainstorming here.

@Merailima:

> Aww man… Something weird happened... Now I cant attack any enemies, and I still cant pick up items. I can shop, though. I tried shift + click, but that didnt work.

You have to have Access 4 or higher to use Shift+Click, its an admin warp. With MrMiguus physics system, it makes you fall until you hit a platform.

Miguu, Could you make spirtes like… 64x96 sprites as an option?
Would be epicly fitting for Maplestory sprites, as one of those i have is 52x69, as it's pretty short hair and like.. yah..
It could be 64x94 on walking, but when its attacking, 96x96\. :o
They becoming so width on attack.
Wouyld be epic-ish.

All sprite sizes are in multiples of 2\. Making it 64x94 won't work because the order is: 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 96, 128, 160, etc…

I don't suggest you use Maple Story sprites since they are too big and copy written.

@Merailima:

> I thought you could mabye, you know, flip the sprites?
> You could save room for that… Or you could make it so that you can hide yourself when casting spells....Would be convenient... Also you could make it so the spells can fly like a projectile... That'd be useful... You could also make your charecter be from the Bigspriets sheet...Oops srry for brainstorming here.

Flipping the sprites is very inefficient and slows down the game's processing by a landslide. It isn't a convenient feature with DX7.

@мсичġġєт:

> Translation:
> I hate that Maple Story Sprite Copyright.

I love it because it prevents people from using them causing them to actually try to create something themselves.

Regards, Xeross

mrmiguu is it posible to make a slope tile attribute? to move diagonally to imitate hills?
      ______              O
___/          \            /|\ <–-stick man xD
                \_______/ \

also can you add attack/hit sounds for both weapons and npcs example
a bow you hear a string pull on attack and a arow hit on impact
or an ogre grunting as its hit and a scary roar on attack

and menu music does not play when you logout just letting ya know :D

@Urimas:

> mrmiguu is it posible to make a slope tile attribute? to move diagonally to imitate hills?
>       ______              O
> ___/          \            /|\ <–-stick man xD
>                 \_______/ \
>
> also can you add attack/hit sounds for both weapons and npcs example
> a bow you hear a string pull on attack and a arow hit on impact
> or an ogre grunting as its hit and a scary roar on attack
>
> and menu music does not play when you logout just letting ya know :D

I was thinking about this and figured it would be a good idea. I will look into this but I am more curious of converting the engine to pixel movement. Spanion did it, why can't I?

@[DEVELOPER:

> MrMiguuâ„¢ link=topic=46896.msg555275#msg555275 date=1254782616]
> I am more curious of converting the engine to pixel movement. Spanion did it, why can't I?

That'd be sweet! This is kind of an off thing, but would it be possible to make a second animation layer as to add smoother effects. It could go…

Mask1----->Mask1 Animation(shows every 0.5 seconds)----->Mask1 Animation2(shows every second)

Or however fast it needs to be in order to make the animation look smoother.

@[DEVELOPER:

> MrMiguuâ„¢ link=topic=46896.msg555275#msg555275 date=1254782616]
> I was thinking about this and figured it would be a good idea. I will look into this but I am more curious of converting the engine to pixel movement. Spanion did it, why can't I?

That'd be cool, and convenient, but you didnt answer my question:
[quote author=Merailima
link=topic=46896.msg555275#msg555275 date=1254782616]
Aww man… Something weird happened... Now I cant attack any enemies, and I still cant pick up items. I can shop, though. I tried shift + click, but that didnt work.
And what I maent by the shift click not working was that I allinged myself but it wouldnt fix the problem.