Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Project Vertigo Origins [ 1.1.4 – FINAL ] (2D Side-Scrolling ORPG Engine)

mrmiguu

> Woah all this time? shame on you >:0
>
> Yea, sorry. I tend to have an extremely addictive personality.

haha, i so understand you…. when i love to play a game i cant get myself working on things i actually wanted to do.....

btw, long time i was not active... anything SPECIAL new about vertigo or lostica? ( lazy person here who doesnt want to read 20 more pages ^^ )

oh and did you play wonderking again? how was it ( if you played after closed beta ) ?
if you're interested i'd like to group up with you again in wonderking or another sidescroller.. (pm if so ;D )

-Sealbreaker

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@†Rose:

> @Anna:
>
> > Just map it so proper ground level is Block and not platform tiles, the down arrow would only work with platforms. Also holding it down wouldn't be good when you WANT to drop quickly.
>
> Well I mean, you do get up really high and you duck up and press down, thats a fail right there, and 1.5 seconds is still a quick drop. Maybe less, just enough time to make sure the person actually wants to drop down.

If they don't want to drop they shouldn't push the down key. ;)

Oh hey, something really, really annoying, is whenever you save a map, the main game screen automatically centers on your desktop. This sucks because when mapping I need to move the game screen to the top left so I can see the full map and the entire map editor without overlap.

This along with the GUI remaining in the map editor really slows up the works.

I do all what is in TuT in this link: http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,51601.0.html
but I don't know why it's doesn't work  :huh:
Maby anyone can give me TuT how to make Quest in Project Vertigo ? Becouse I'm n00bish and I don't know how make Quest !
Anyone can help me ? :P

@YashimatsuPL:

> How to make Quest here with out using VB ???
> Maby anyone can give me TuT how to make Quest in Project Vertigo ? Becouse I'm n00bish and I don't know how make Quest I will to http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,51601.0.html make : )
> Anyone can help me ? :P

This… This... just hurt my brain.... :huh:

@YashimatsuPL:

> I do all what is in TuT in this link: http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,51601.0.html
> but I don't know why it's doesn't work  :huh:
> Maby anyone can give me TuT how to make Quest in Project Vertigo ? Becouse I'm n00bish and I don't know how make Quest !
> Anyone can help me ? :P

Well the only thing different script wise with PV is that default scripts are disabled. You should take it to the thread about that script itself.

If your scripts are on and it's not working, it's more likely that you installed the script wrong or something.

EDIT: another problem, SP running restriction doesn't work. When you're out of SP you keep sprinting but it spams the "exhausted" message.
:icon_alabanza:

Yeah I'm not really sure Project Vertigo is stable enough for a game right now.

Has anyone been able to make a server with a couple people on at the same time? Most of the time you get desynced so quickly it's insane, and there are times where the client just freezes, and players get kicked for packet flooding when they jump or fall… or use a warp... and NPCs aren't working for me with a remote server (they worked fine on my local though).

:icon_alabanza:

Heey, can you send me the Source Code?… I don't have any chest hear XD...

Just kiddin' oc ;)

Great work dude, I'm checking it out right now :)

Ok, at first... I don't really like it, but that's just my opinion...
At 2nd... how do you go down from a platform except for totally walking of?

• 2 weeks later...
It's a really nice engine, and there are tons of things I would take and use in my personal engine if I ever got the chance to. For example, I love the movable inventory menus, and the stats in the NewPlayer screen being displayed with Bars instead of numbers, and the tricked out HP Bars I saw in Lostica (Which I assume is in later versions of Project Vertigo) =D. Right now, though, I just have to wait to see if you can release the source, as I understand that there are a lot of copying noobs and bugs to work out ;).