Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Origins v2 Beta

Robin

@varinyc:

> I think you misunderstood him. I think he was trying to say he was in agreement over the lack of scripting.

I thought of that, but it didn't fit with the rest of his post. I don't see why he'd post a single positive thing when the rest of the post was just a rant at me. Especially considering that pretty much everyone who doesn't know how to program seems to think that vbScript is amazing.

I wouldn't check back quite so frequently. I'm concentrating on my own game at the moment, and all of my programming is going into that. Once I get the features to the point where they're actually presentable (I think autotiles shaves off pretty much every single FPS you have.) then I'll rip them out, slap them into Origins, then release it.

I have been in a rut recently, though. No idea what I want to do with the project.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Robin:

> 1.) I thought of that, but it didn't fit with the rest of his post. I don't see why he'd post a single positive thing when the rest of the post was just a rant at me.
>
> 2.) Especially considering that pretty much everyone who doesn't know how to program seems to think that vbScript is amazing.
>
> 3.) I wouldn't check back quite so frequently. I'm concentrating on my own game at the moment, and all of my programming is going into that. Once I get the features to the point where they're actually presentable (I think autotiles shaves off pretty much every single FPS you have.) then I'll rip them out, slap them into Origins, then release it.
>
> I have been in a rut recently, though. No idea what I want to do with the project.

1.) Yeah, but we all have flares sometimes.
2.) No need to doom us all xD, I was once one of them ._.

3.) at your own pace man ^_^, The amount you've put into this and what's already been done is pretty amazing. We all (most of us) have patience, I just check back to look at all the "colorful" posts anywho, I realize that updates won't be here everyday.

Good luck with your game though!

@Robin:

> I have been in a rut recently, though. No idea what I want to do with the project.

Did you get your npc chat system working right?
you cold work on the missing stuff while your stumped, like maby redo the ranged combat system
Just trying to give you ideas

@Kinjiru:

> Did you get your npc chat system working right?
> you cold work on the missing stuff while your stumped, like maby redo the ranged combat system
> Just trying to give you ideas

I don't need any ideas for systems. Just need to decide what I want to do with the thing generally.

@§iedge:

> This is sad…

Would you mind expanding on this? If you don't like Robin (which I know you don't) then what is the point of posting here?

*ahem*

Keep up the good work Robin
if you can be bothered to carry on working of course
;)

@mcvizzle:

> Are you cut & pasting your badass super cool NPC avatar speech system too?  Or is that going to be exclusive for your game?

Exclusive. It's far too badass for the general public.

Not to mention no one would be able to use it. xD

@mcvizzle:

> Fair enough.  I just really like the idea of an avatar picture popping up when you speak to them, thats really cool.  There are a lot of free resources on the net for that too.

That bit is easy to do. The actual branched chat is where it gets complicated.

@Trynitte:

> For EO, in the config.ini, I put my own IP to make my computer the server but it didn't work.. O_O

1\. You should not have to change your own IP to connect to yourself. (So change it back to what it was).
2\. I did not even know EO even had a config.ini? I thought it was all in VB6 o_O.

Ahhhhhh cannot wait for the next version. It could be considered the milestone release since it has everything it needs.

Autotiles, new sprite formats from rpgmaker, combat system which works, bugs fixed etc.

Everything you need to start off a basic woring game from scratch with no coding. Most the other features people want are purely for their own game and not what everyone else would want. Well, perhaps guilds or party system is also something to be added but I'm sure you've already thought about that. I bet Robin hasn't even started porting the thigns to EO yet ;D RL is for fags.