• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Origins v2 Beta

Robin

@Robin:

> @Doomteam1:
>
> > No one will write a converter, because everyone is either incapable or lazy.
>
> Nothing to do with it. The problem with creating a converter is the sheer difference between Origins and old version of Eclipse. Although the basics of the maps would be converted, huge amounts of data would be lost, thus making it pointless.
>
> I don't understand why you'd want your old maps anyway. Origins opens up a huge amount of possibilities by being able to have each map up to 255x255 in size, having autotiles and having dynamic animations placeable on the map.

They're talking about Origins v1.1.0 to the next version. Not Stable to Origins.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Robin:

> @Doomteam1:
>
> > No one will write a converter, because everyone is either incapable or lazy.
>
> Nothing to do with it. The problem with creating a converter is the sheer difference between Origins and old version of Eclipse. Although the basics of the maps would be converted, huge amounts of data would be lost, thus making it pointless.
>
> I don't understand why you'd want your old maps anyway. Origins opens up a huge amount of possibilities by being able to have each map up to 255x255 in size, having autotiles and having dynamic animations placeable on the map.

Yeah when you get around to actually coding them in ;D

OK, I'm doing a lot of mapping and I am totally missing the ability to SHIFT WARP as an admin. With over 1K maps in Ambardia it is essential to be able to map and move about the maps with the click of a button.
  I think this feature should certainly be a part of admin abilities.

@Hugo:

> When it releases the next version?

-It stops asking or it gets the hose!
hahahaha Had to do it.
–---------------------------------------------------
Robin:Is the shift click warp feature added in unreleased version? It didnt work in mine either.
-----------------------------------------------------
Ambard: Are you just playing around or developing already? Next version would require a map wipe unless a converter is made(which doesnt sound likely).

@'Aydan':

> You don't understand the undertones of my posts. A little on running gag between myself and Robin. Alas you have been t3h nubz once again.
>
> Shhhhhhhhhhhhh.

No, he's right. It's running dry. This thread isn't msn.

@Shadowwulfâ„¢:

> Robin:Is the shift click warp feature added in unreleased version? It didnt work in mine either.

Unreleased version.

Yeahhh I guess so. It's passed my bed time so I'm a little more random.

Anyway back on topic, Did you add autotiles and the dynamic map animtions into the EO source yet? when you said "done" earlier I wasn't sure whther you were answering Amabards or just on about the features you also mentioned.

@Shadowwulfâ„¢:

> @Hugo:
>
> > When it releases the next version?
>
> Ambard: Are you just playing around or developing already? Next version would require a map wipe unless a converter is made(which doesnt sound likely).

I'm completely rebuilding the Mainland of Ambardia in EO with scrolling maps. So far its going fucking great!

I tried Ambardia this morning to get some ideas. I was very impressed. It crashed when I got on the boat though…

I thought I saw in the requests thread where someone asked about projectiles mixed in wth about 10 requests Robin and you just said "no". For variety purposes I really need them. Unfortunatly my programming skills leave me to your mercy. :)

Ever thought of editing the way the map is loaded onto the screen and creating one seamless map for the mainland? That'd really take some shift click. :P

@WD:

> I tried Ambardia this morning to get some ideas. I was very impressed. It crashed when I got on the boat though…
>
> I thought I saw in the requests thread where someone asked about projectiles mixed in wth about 10 requests Robin and you just said "no". For variety purposes I really need them. Unfortunatly my programming skills leave me to your mercy. :)

Just copy and edit the ranged spells code and make a new item type.

I mean. I am using VX sprites for my game and they are setup vastly different than XP. Where I ask if you will do 4 frames or 3 frames? If so would you mind adding an option for it to use 3 frames if it is 4 frames? Not that I couldn't do it myself, but it would make things easier on me in the long run.

This option would be really simple, server side settings.ini just have where it will use 3 frames for movement or 4\. The 3 frame movement would reuse the middle animation twice. A very simple method, but would allow a easier way to use sprites for people like me who use Rpg Maker VX setup sprites.

Thanks for any answer you give Robin.

@Doomteam1:

> No one will write a converter, because everyone is either incapable or lazy.

Maybe I Will, or better i'll have to.
I'm waiting for the new version though.
btw:
I think Ambard either has very good vb6 skills or has someone who has the skills. So it on't be a problem for him to update is version…

@Ambard:

> I'm completely rebuilding the Mainland of Ambardia in EO with scrolling maps. So far its going ducking great!

Looking good. ;P

@WD:

> I thought I saw in the requests thread where someone asked about projectiles mixed in wth about 10 requests Robin and you just said "no". For variety purposes I really need them. Unfortunatly my programming skills leave me to your mercy. :)

I said 'No.' to people's requests of using Stable's projectile system. This system was made back in '05, I believe, by Sean. It's terrible.

@Hugo:

> Very good, I'm also doing all the maps in my game, using the latest version of Eclipse origins, I'm doing at 100x100 size, I hope that I can use all the maps made to date in the next version.

You can't.

@Helladen:

> Robin will VX tiles be compatible with your auto tile setup? If not I will tweak it to fit my needs I'm just wondering and are you still changing the sprites layout? If so will it still be dynamic?

VX tiles require alpha blending. If you've got a way to bypass that, then if the autotiles work in the same way as RMXP then they'll work fine. Sprites will be 4 frame.