Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Your Stupid Eclipse Moments

Bobbus

I just spent 2 1/2 hours trying to figure out what was wrong with my port forwarding. After those 2 1/2 hours were up, I looked at the bottom right corner of the computer, and realized that the server wasn't up. I rofl'd, turned on the server, and everything went perfectly!

Let's hear your stupid eclipse moments :D

Spent ages messing around the resource system wondering why the resource's health would go hay-wire if you didn't harvest it within a certain amount of time before realising I wasn't checking if resources were cut down before respawning them.

/facepalm

Well not really a stupid moment more along the line of robins. But mainly spent days trying to figure out things werent working in Eclipse++ took me awhile to realize that integers will just erase the decimal points.

Just last night, I was testing the latest EO, talking to Robin on MSN. I had pushed the "Spawn Item" button in the admin panel, then pushed Enter to pick up the item, but because I had the Spawn Item button highlighted, it just kept spawning more. So I was like "ROBIN ZOMG I FOUND HUGE BUG! UNLIMITED ITEMS! ZOMG!!111111"

Took me several minutes to realize what I did, and I had a good laugh at myself.

@Ballie:

> Just last night, I was testing the latest EO, talking to Robin on MSN. I had pushed the "Spawn Item" button in the admin panel, then pushed Enter to pick up the item, but because I had the Spawn Item button highlighted, it just kept spawning more. So I was like "ROBIN ZOMG I FOUND HUGE BUG! UNLIMITED ITEMS! ZOMG!!111111"
>
> Took me several minutes to realize what I did, and I had a good laugh at myself.

Hahaha, That's a good one.

@Last:

> **Ballie:** WHOA
> **Ballie:** Found a lil bug D:
> **Ballie:** Pushing enter on the numpad picks up an item, but doesn't take it from the map
> **Ballie:** Or not…
> **Ballie:** <.<
> **Ballie:** Oh I see
> **Ballie:** When you spawn an item from the admin panel, you can pick it up unlimited times, until you move
> **Ballie:** Oh damn, lol
> **Ballie:** I think I know what happened. Nvm xD
> **Ballie:** Bahahahaha, ignore all that. I'm an idiot.
> **Robin:** back

Had a virus on my computer so was getting ready to do something about it. I was gonna lose my Eclipse data because of it so I thought "why not" and used the Admiral's viral script just to see how it works.

The next day I realized to get rid of the virus I just had to end it's process with task manager…

One time, I was using Brutal's sadscript editor for Retarded Online; went to "file" and hit "new" instead of "load".
Well, I instinctively went to "load" my Main.txt for ROxD, but since it was using the "new" option, it generated a blank main.txt – guess what it replaced?
Yeah... My almost 1MB Main.txt for Retarded Online (good thing I make backups).

@Gohan:

> Had a virus on my computer so was getting ready to do something about it. I was gonna lose my Eclipse data because of it so I thought "why not" and used the Admiral's viral script just to see how it works.
>
> The next day I realized to get rid of the virus I just had to end it's process with task manager…

This one – epic.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

@Sir:

> I spent 2 minutes thinking what was my stupid eclipse moment… now that's stupid.

I'll do you one better – spent two minutes typing out my stupid Eclipse moment.

When I saw Eclipse for the first time, I fell in sleep because I was for so long time wondering who is so clever to make this software XD

THIS IS REALLY HAPPEN!

• 10 months later...
I just would like to bring this topic in life again ;P

I was yesterday showing my friend eclipse at my home, and he would my edited client and server, so he gone on hotmail and sent himself only the icon oh the server and client xD
I didnt say anything, when he comes home, he told me on msn it dont work with him xD

Lol nice joke,

Now I have a new stupides eclipse moment…..

I was just looking at the forum for tutorials, and found there a tutorial exactly look like the mines...
after 10 minutes of comparsion I even saw that the writer the same name have as the mines, wtf how he did do that :O

Open up NPC editor, thinking "sweet boy, these dudes can talk!", so I drop a text in AttackSay.. They friendly right so they don't need any stats, since they won't be doing any killing???

Unfortunately I spent 16 hours straight trying to figure out why that NPC didn't say shit.