Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Single Player engine for Eclipse

Well yeah that's the problem I was trying to address, storytelling in MMOs SUCKS, but it doesn't have to. I mean if they would just put a little effort into telling a story with the quests instead of it being a guide on what enemies you should grind on. And people here are not creating unique, well thought out games with the engine they have. I don't think giving them another engine won't really change that. The engine is just framework, it's not a game. What makes a game a game is the effort you put into developing it. Those serious about developing a game will find the engine they need to develop the game they want. And RPG maker costs about $60, that's the same price a new xbox game costs, If you don't have $60 to put down to develop a game, why are you trying to develop a game in the first place?

I really wish i saw this topic earlier. If you want to create a single player Eclipse then all the power to you. You cannot be the official developer if you are going to work on a single player version. Not sure if that is even where you wanted to go with this. Just pointing it out.

Hmm… What i think is there should be a single player 'option' whilst also an 'online' option. So players can play single player when either the servers down or they feel that they want to play through the game single player. It would mean having to send maps via the autoupdater though. Best of luck!

~Kibbelz

> I voted no, purely because I don't really have an interest in an engine in LUA, but, that doesn't mean to say that I would ignore it. If you want to, power to you, go ahead. ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png)

Yeah, I knew that LUA shit was coming.

> I think this is going backwards.

I agree with this, If you want a single-player game similar to Eclipse I recommend you use the RMXP engine. Their are forums out there that have fighting scripts almost the same as Eclipses fighting combat. Here is an example video:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHd4YCvJBPA[/media]

And another:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwRTxK3M0qY

I hope this helps. ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)

Go for it Sekaru, because not every one likes RPG Maker first of all. I don't see how this is going backwards. This is a development site, and so I see this as a project that is going to increase it and also give the community something else to try. In the end we all will download it and try it out. Even if we post discouraging comments about it. PS to the RPG Maker fanatics, at least this engine is free, and you learn to code using it.

> Go for it Sekaru, because not every one likes RPG Maker first of all. I don't see how this is going backwards. This is a development site, and so I see this as a project that is going to increase it and also give the community something else to try. In the end we all will download it and try it out. Even if we post discouraging comments about it. PS to the RPG Maker fanatics, at least this engine is free, and you learn to code using it.

Yeah that's the attitude. I'd like to make a simple base for people to learn with and just really make an RPG or any sort of game in it really. Plus the tools I'll be offering and some of the things I'd like to do with it might make it a little more worthwhile than RPG maker.

• 2 months later...
I think yes, not because it will make the games unique, the makers of the game stands for that not the engine, if you put hard work and time in a project, you have the oppertunity to make it unique even with a free engine that everyone uses.

Single player will add more activity on the community, and more stuff other then the "online part" of the rpg game, people will start using the forums to actually do a decent game, instead of just making it go online.