I'm New/Back/Leaving!

Pickle

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think iam back!

For the ones who dont know me i am a web developper, i am 18 y/o and i guess i like pie.

I joined somewhere in 2012 i think, left for a while and now iam back. 

i hope that atleast one of you remembers me.I

• 2 months later...
~~Oh look, it's everybody's favourite lazy (probably narcissistic) pessimist~~

I mean

hi everybody.

242 days without VB6 and counting.

In other news, since leaving, I've got the grades I wanted, got into the university I wanted, and am studying the course I wanted. Apart from that, I've not done much else; no time. :{

Little heads up from me im planning on saying good bye to eclipse after 2014\. Was great meeting and getting to know all of you but we all have to face the facts of where this community is going i have been here since 2009 just didnt register till like 2012/13 so i know where this has been and went so i have my reasons for leaving but yea. That is all 

Thanks for everything eclipse and ill see you guys around till 2015 or so.

• 2 weeks later...
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. I've enjoyed the last eight plus years being part of the Eclipse community, but I regretfully must be leaving.

I'll remember the good laughs, talking with other people about making games, playing games, music, art and just about everything. I've learned some valuable stuff from some amazing people here. And I thank you.

The reason I'm leaving, is because I feel like I've outdone my stay here. I'm 31 now, and I don't feel like I fit with the hipper crowd ahead of me. Plus, I also feel like Eclipse is more centered around programmer friend cliques, and holds little for the artists. We get to talk to eachother about our artwork, but get very little recognition (not unlike the real world) unless we're professional. (A standard that artists don't hold programmers to, ironically)

In the end, I hope this place all the best. And I hope you all learn to learn from eachother, instead of competing. The community can be a productive platform for people who like to make games if you work at it.

Regards,

Murdoc

Aww Murdoc :(

I'll miss you. You have been a good friend to me. I'm sorry I wasn't able to be around much the past year or so to talk to you. Stop by once in a while and say hi!

I know what you mean about not fitting in with the hipper crowd though.

> Aww Murdoc :(
>
>  
>
> I'll miss you. You have been a good friend to me. I'm sorry I wasn't able to be around much the past year or so to talk to you. Stop by once in a while and say hi!
>
>  
>
> I know what you mean about not fitting in with the hipper crowd though.

Oh Gwen stop, you never age. You're like 20\. Hate to see ya leave Murdoc, I personally think artists are needed around here and even more appreciated than most programmers.

> It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. I've enjoyed the last eight plus years being part of the Eclipse community, but I regretfully must be leaving.
>
>  
>
> I'll remember the good laughs, talking with other people about making games, playing games, music, art and just about everything. I've learned some valuable stuff from some amazing people here. And I thank you.
>
>  
>
> The reason I'm leaving, is because I feel like I've outdone my stay here. I'm 31 now, and I don't feel like I fit with the hipper crowd ahead of me. Plus, I also feel like Eclipse is more centered around programmer friend cliques, and holds little for the artists. We get to talk to eachother about our artwork, but get very little recognition (not unlike the real world) unless we're professional. (A standard that artists don't hold programmers to, ironically)
>
>  
>
> In the end, I hope this place all the best. And I hope you all learn to learn from eachother, instead of competing. The community can be a productive platform for people who like to make games if you work at it.
>
>  
>
> Regards,
>
> Murdoc

Damn.

With all due respect to everyone else, Murdoc is one of the best guys that I've met on this website, and probably one of the best friends I've made online as well.

We've had disagreements here and there, but we've usually gotten along rather well. He's definitely helped me out a lot; after all, he's the only artist I've really been able to work with. I'll still be able to talk to him through Skype, but I definitely hate to see him leave Eclipse.

With that said, I'm definitely going to have to agree with Murdoc's statement regarding the lack of artists on this website. I've already reached out to Wing about possibly encouraging growth in that area. It's definitely something we need to work on this year – New Year's resolution, anyone?