I'm New/Back/Leaving!

Pickle

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Well, some of you may have noticed I haven't been around here lately and very rarely I just stop by for the sake of doing so, but after six years of my life spent here at eclipse I'm going to say my final goodbyes! It's been a fun journey as a noob member, a moderator, a developer, back to being a moderator and then a legend! I've met some really cool people here, but after I go to basic training which is the 29th of this month I doubt I'll be seeing any of you again!

I want to thank this community only because it helped me grow in many ways, I can say if I hadn't come here so many years ago I wouldn't be the same person today! I got my first bash here on the forums, my first time encountering a grammar nazi was here, I got a lot of arguments and bans I wont forget along with many cool members! Well, before I get all tear eyed I'll just make this as short as possible ^_^

Goodbye eclipse! I don't think I'll be returning again, and with me I take a lot of eclipse history! I wont forget you all!

- Kid <3

> Well, some of you may have noticed I haven't been around here lately and very rarely I just stop by for the sake of doing so, but after six years of my life spent here at eclipse I'm going to say my final goodbyes! It's been a fun journey as a noob member, a moderator, a developer, back to being a moderator and then a legend! I've met some really cool people here, but after I go to basic training which is the 29th of this month I doubt I'll be seeing any of you again!
>
>  
>
> I want to thank this community only because it helped me grow in many ways, I can say if I hadn't come here so many years ago I wouldn't be the same person today! I got my first bash here on the forums, my first time encountering a grammar nazi was here, I got a lot of arguments and bans I wont forget along with many cool members! Well, before I get all tear eyed I'll just make this as short as possible ^_^
>
>  
>
> Goodbye eclipse! I don't think I'll be returning again, and with me I take a lot of eclipse history! I wont forget you all!
>
>  
>
> - Kid <3

Peace man, its been fun.

> Well, some of you may have noticed I haven't been around here lately and very rarely I just stop by for the sake of doing so, but after six years of my life spent here at eclipse I'm going to say my final goodbyes! It's been a fun journey as a noob member, a moderator, a developer, back to being a moderator and then a legend! I've met some really cool people here, but after I go to basic training which is the 29th of this month I doubt I'll be seeing any of you again!
>
>  
>
> I want to thank this community only because it helped me grow in many ways, I can say if I hadn't come here so many years ago I wouldn't be the same person today! I got my first bash here on the forums, my first time encountering a grammar nazi was here, I got a lot of arguments and bans I wont forget along with many cool members! Well, before I get all tear eyed I'll just make this as short as possible ^_^
>
>  
>
> Goodbye eclipse! I don't think I'll be returning again, and with me I take a lot of eclipse history! I wont forget you all!
>
>  
>
> - Kid <3

It's been good kid

• 2 weeks later...
**I'm leaving,**

Yup, and here's the reason:

I have made my contribution and tried to help out the community, but upon helping I was greatly offended in my political beliefs to 2 arrogant members, Dog, and Jumpahead. After telling them to read a post I made about a rule about being offensive on the teamspeak, I banned them when they started laughing at it. The argument later moved to the shoutbox and resulted in accusation that I am "power hungry" and "trying to by my way into admin". So, if this is what the community sees my attempts to help out as, then i refuse to be a part of it, and since they say "eclipse is better off without me" so be it, I'm out. I'll be back to read a few farewell replies to see if any friends want to stay in touch or whatever but besides that, see ya.

I am stopping in just to reply here, I personally liked what you were doing, not that I had time to help out or say that before.

With that said, I am not going to ever be the one to beg someone to stay. I can only recommend that you never let any number of people bring you down for silly stuff.

Best of luck with whatever you move on to,

JC

Crest, I understand how you feel.  I like the effort you did but always remember that you can't please everybody.    Positive criticism and negative criticism are always part of life!  ;)

Good luck Crest! ;)

> I am stopping in just to reply here, I personally liked what you were doing, not that I had time to help out or say that before.
>
>  
>
> With that said, I am not going to ever be the one to beg someone to stay. I can only recommend that you never let any number of people bring you down for silly stuff.
>
>  
>
> Best of luck with whatever you move on to,
>
> JC

You liked him trying to buy admin? He wasn't doing jack shit for Eclipse, he was trying to get himself into a position of power, likely so he could abuse it. Ultimately though, you don't know what happened and you've only seen his perspective. Me, Jump and Xelander were all in the teamspeak when he was being a bitch and all three of us will tell you our stories individually if you want - otherwise though, I'd suggest that you don't assume we're the bad guys without knowing anything. ;)

If having a VoIP means that much to you, I have a dedicated mumble server based in New Jersey. You and any other mods of Eclipse can have admin, but I personally will never ban or kick anyone from the server, precisely to avoid situations like this where some guy becomes power hungry and starts banning people left and right. We've both seen our fair share of "those" types, I'm sure.

> Crest, I understand how you feel.  I like the effort you did but always remember that you can't please everybody.    Positive criticism and negative criticism are always part of life!  ;)
>
> Good luck Crest! ;)

It had nothing to do with pleasing anyone. He made unfounded accusations and became ban happy without due reason. Again, I'd suggest keeping away from this drama if you don't know what's going on.

> Goodbye Crest ;( Although I didn't know you very well it was nice talking to you in the chat box every once in a while. I know what you mean though. I came very close to leaving Eclipse due to the same reasons.

That's because  you can't take criticism. If you make threads asking for feedback and then don't like said feedback either this isn't the place for you or you should refrain from posting anything you don't want to be criticized.

Ultimately - Crest is the one who left. Three members on this forum were in the Teamspeak with him at the time. We were there to see him being an asshat and he knows that.

We would never leave Eclipse over this, we would fight our corner because we were in the right. But everyone seems to be believing this guy's ragequit post, whereas we all refrained from spamming up the forums with this stupid shit. If we made a topic would it make you all understand that just because this person posted about it - that doesn't instantly make his perspective the right one?

> **I'm leaving,**
>
> Yup, and here's the reason:
>
> I have made my contribution and tried to help out the community, but upon helping I was greatly offended in my political beliefs to 2 arrogant members, Dog, and Jumpahead. After telling them to read a post I made about a rule about being offensive on the teamspeak, I banned them when they started laughing at it. The argument later moved to the shoutbox and resulted in accusation that I am "power hungry" and "trying to by my way into admin". So, if this is what the community sees my attempts to help out as, then i refuse to be a part of it, and since they say "eclipse is better off without me" so be it, I'm out. I'll be back to read a few farewell replies to see if any friends want to stay in touch or whatever but besides that, see ya.

Comon man, you have been around long enough to realize there is idiots out there. Just ignore them. People will insult you forever, you are not going to avoid that. People hated what I was doing since day one and probably still do. You just have to live with it. As others said if you try to please everyone you will end up pleasing no one. Just continue on, you are doing good things for the community, dont let a couple of members wreck that.

> **I'm leaving,**
>
> Yup, and here's the reason:
>
> I have made my contribution and tried to help out the community, but upon helping I was greatly offended in my political beliefs to 2 arrogant members, Dog, and Jumpahead. After telling them to read a post I made about a rule about being offensive on the teamspeak, I banned them when they started laughing at it. The argument later moved to the shoutbox and resulted in accusation that I am "power hungry" and "trying to by my way into admin". So, if this is what the community sees my attempts to help out as, then i refuse to be a part of it, and since they say "eclipse is better off without me" so be it, I'm out. I'll be back to read a few farewell replies to see if any friends want to stay in touch or whatever but besides that, see ya.

You gotta come back mate.