Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RELEASE DATE for Eclipse Evolution 3.0/Solar Eclipse/Java Eclipse!

Admiral Refuge

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Xavi:

> Xavi Agrees.

Well im glad we have your confirmation Xavi.
As for this person whos posted a massive wall of text flame… Dude, if you arent gonna help then why did you sign up just pose as a guest. Simple. I got nothing against you but theres too much eclipe arguments without another one breakin out.
[Well its already out: HM+Us loyal eclipsers VS. Total noobs. IM NOT SAYING YOU ARE ONE OF THE TOTAL NOOBS]
Regards,
            INH

@[SB:

> Shri (shrig94) link=topic=45337.msg470232#msg470232 date=1244846008]
>
> If you want to pick a fight with HM, you're picing a fight with me, marsh, and every other respectable eclipse members and maybe even some not-so-respectable ones.
> Now get off of HM's jock before I unleash my army of well-equipped smurfs on you!

![](http://api.ning.com/files/CN3s74alOU6l3KVZdTsjMbtxoSbK8kTDoHnOwsgFY9AwjEk-kwkjViWrFLdNnD303ImywmEx9auGZWjRlfyM**vknhSgCDPI/InternetToughGuy.jpg)

Couldn't resist. :D.

MyWorld is on hold till 3.0 is released, but we aren't complaining, t'is all cool, yo. Gives us more time for planning =D

WAAA sorry did not feel like reading 8 pages of posts been busy with my c++ projects , Why not update to vb.net , i read alot about the server but using vb.net 2k8 with all its features would make the server 10x more stable and not to mention the use of higher version of Direct X ?? Since there is a java version why not just update it all? if no one will do it , i would be more than happy to do it now that school is over i have alot more free time, to work on dev. marsh add me on i lost you msn when i got my laptop msn = [email protected]

if you want to make a vb.net version, go ahead. Nobody is stopping you. If you can produce a beta, I can guarantee that you will even get a sub-board for your contribution.

I actually considered vb.net when updating because the COM library is no longer supported by Microsoft, although I realised that vb.net is too similar to vc++.net. So why program in vb.net when I can use VC++.net and produce a potentially better product? Then I noticed that Microsoft's .net framework is strictly Microsoft. That kind-of kills the point of C++ which is normally a cross-platform language plus its a Microsoft-sponsored language. VC++.net will only exist as long as Microsoft supports the .net framework. If you haven't noticed yet, Microsoft dropped the COM library. So the obvious, free and open source response was Java.

@w1c:

> Yes indeed,
> as eclipse is os, you shouldn't let to much of microsoft software in ;)
> Stick with java, anyone can learn it, it's stable and it has a huuuuge community!!

A completely agree, It's best to stick with Java, Java is an awesome language and its cross-platform capabilities enable users running Linux, Unix, Mac and Windows to all play future games developed with 3.0….. What's the point developing it with a Microsoft sponsored language as Zetta Monkey said..... The engine will exists as long as Microsoft keep supporting the language where as Java is O/S and free to learn, develop and get support for :)

Just want to say... I love you Zetta Monkey, keep up the good work buddy, we all really appreciate it :)

I agree 100% that java is a great and ultimate source for the game develoment but Zetta out of all my time using C++ and C# with my programs and in my dev. I never ever use microsoft .net framwork. Since the start of learning to programing the first thing i did and set off was to re/write my own framework , not its not like fully completed but if there ever is a time when i would need something like that If is something that i have wrote my self. But all i am saying really is (since i am not appart of the dev team,) I think then if you guys are going to be continuing a vb6 version , java , and any other kind, Wouldn't it be smart to do a server in vb.net rather than vb6 , because the java source would be more power full that using vb6 , because it has all the resources. And i want to say this just because it is something i learned a long time ago " It does not matter what you code in , or or good it is , Anyone can code a program , and you may think its good, but a master at any language can make it better." What this mean is even tho you coded a java version of the source , that does not mean that a vb.net version could not match or even over power the java engine . Well if ya need me so i stop posting so long and would like to disscuss this more with me msn = [email protected] kk hope it all works out

Release dates may pressure the Devs, but a good guideline for when what should be done helps alot too.

I generally tend to make myself some guidelines and/or release dates and push myself into sticking with them. Otherwise I generally just become lazy and drop the project, which has happened ALOT.

centcent

@Admiral:

> Why?
> It takes about 5 mins to convert a 2.7/2.8 script into a Solar Eclipse script by hand, depending on the script.

ohh I didn't realize that. Though I wish there was some sort of notice when it will be coming out, I'm waiting for it to come so I can start a project :(

@endrien:

> ohh I didn't realize that. Though I wish there was some sort of notice when it will be coming out, I'm waiting for it to come so I can start a project :(

Just start your project now.  The maps are 100% convertible from Eclipse Evolution to Solar Eclipse.

@Admiral:

> Technically, it is real; this is topic is not made to trick members into coming over here like a rickroll, but to explain to them the situation, as to why we don't have release dates.

I know, but people still come here and expect a SE1.0/EE3.0 download.