Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RELEASE DATE for Eclipse Evolution 3.0/Solar Eclipse/Java Eclipse!

Admiral Refuge

@Zetta:

> I noticed the wheel and thats why Im taking the time to not convert but completely rewrite the engine.

That's fine by me, but whilst this is going on, I see dozens of people still using the older DirectX7, and that could use a good scrub up.

From what I can see in developer forum, the team seems to consist of you working on the engine, and everyone else asking what's going on.

I used to download the SVN and sort out any bugs or problems I saw, but just got bored after a while. It seemed to be going no where.

As I see it, when even the development team are confused as to what's going on, it's bad news.

Correct me if I'm wrong, this is just what I'm seeing at the moment.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol im sorry but what you wrote was to much for me to comprehend, what i cluelessly just read is something about people quitting from stress and about it not going into vb6\.

now if its not in vb6 that could be a problem for some people, why? some people may of actually bought this program other then getting it free (which is illegal). and bought it just for this reason. but as for me if its only going into java, im not going to have a nervous break down ill just start fresh and learn a new language but from what i know java is alot better and may have more stuff on it.

from what i know at the moment i believe hm is the only one working on it (correct me if im wrong) and if so without this dude there would be NO eclipse. so if i went over to hm's house knowing he lives in the same state as me. and killed this god for saken god that makes this engine possible. there would be, no game engine on the internet anymore.

As i speak for everyone thank you hm and all other developers for your hard work. im trying to learn vb6 as hard as i can. and hell maybe in a couple years ill try out for the developer team just to make this process faster. again thanks for all your hard work.

@Zultar:

> lol im sorry but what you wrote was to much for me to comprehend, what i cluelessly just read is something about people quitting from stress and about it not going into vb6.

It shouldn't be in VB6\. It's an outdated language, and has too many flaws to comprehend.

@Zultar:

> now if its not in vb6 that could be a problem for some people, why? some people may of actually bought this program other then getting it free (which is illegal). and bought it just for this reason. but as for me if its only going into java, im not going to have a nervous break down ill just start fresh and learn a new language but from what i know java is alot better and may have more stuff on it.

I have a legal copy of Visual Basic 6.0, and don't get me wrong, it has it's uses. When it comes to a game which is supposed to be played by many people at the same time, the fact is that it's not great. As for starting afresh, that isn't true. The first language is always the hardest one. After that, most of your experience will help you along the way.

From what I can see, however, you shouldn't be afraid of the Visual Basic 6.0 version losing support. Far too many people are just too scared of change to allow the developers to remove it.

@Zultar:

> from what i know at the moment i believe hm is the only one working on it (correct me if im wrong) and if so without this dude there would be NO eclipse. so if i went over to hm's house knowing he lives in the same state as me. and killed this god for saken god that makes this engine possible. there would be, no game engine on the internet anymore.

What..?

What i meant by that last statement is that if hm died lol all mmorpg makers would be lame. no one would be updating them or anything. from what i've heard hm is the only one working on this engine. because all other developers quit. as for you it says your a developer. when i don't even know who the hell you are. you probably helped make the other versions.

Hm is now the other only developer working on this now. For what ever reason you quit i think you should get back in and help make the best engine ever made =D

Ah, sorry. From your post count I assumed you'd been around for a while.

"Active" development on an engine is very relative, and the state of it constantly changes.

I've never developed new features for Eclipse, as I don't agree with the programming standards of the other developers. I don't want to "Build my house on sand", as was put.

As I don't use Eclipse personally, there isn't much I can do with it. Once Mellowz began work on the engine, I had a few conversations with him about the core features which needed to be re-worked, and I was set to developer.

Until a few months ago, I downloaded the source code every few weeks and fixed any bugs or obvious problems I came across, re-uploaded to the SVN, and then went inactive for a while.

Joseph isn't the only developer on Eclipse, but as Mellowz is immersed in real life, and I've yet to see any decent activity from the other developers, I see him as the only "active" developer.

yea. well are you back on at eclipse at least? and ya ive been around for awhile. not as long as you but probably like a couple years i was on at a different account but i had to switch my account for some reasons.

@Robin:

> Ah, sorry. From your post count I assumed you'd been around for a while.
>
> "Active" development on an engine is very relative, and the state of it constantly changes.
>
> I've never developed new features for Eclipse, as I don't agree with the programming standards of the other developers. I don't want to "Build my house on sand", as was put.
>
> As I don't use Eclipse personally, there isn't much I can do with it. Once Mellowz began work on the engine, I had a few conversations with him about the core features which needed to be re-worked, and I was set to developer.
>
> Until a few months ago, I downloaded the source code every few weeks and fixed any bugs or obvious problems I came across, re-uploaded to the SVN, and then went inactive for a while.
>
> Joseph isn't the only developer on Eclipse, but as Mellowz is immersed in real life, and I've yet to see any decent activity from the other developers, I see him as the only "active" developer.

ive switched svns once I was unable to access the other. At the moment Im actually trying to find programmers who I have direct contact to help.

@Zultar:

> well i think thats wat he just said but its needed i suppose in order to make an actual real game. as for runescape and maple story and many others are used in java

Source saying MapleStory is in Java?

@Zultar:

> what doest that mean?

SVN is a way too keep your source saved online in a repository so other developers can also contribute without having the problem of different modifications and such. I think he meant with switching that he just made a new repository and commited his version of the project to the new repository.

Regards,
  Godlord.

@Lucifer:

> Source saying MapleStory is in Java?
> SVN is a way too keep your source saved online in a repository so other developers can also contribute without having the problem of different modifications and such. I think he meant with switching that he just made a new repository and commited his version of the project to the new repository.
>
> Regards,
>   Godlord.

yeah, Maplestory is in C or C++ and uses Direct3D.

Mhh, good to see you're still lurking around, Stephan.

I am wondering what the benefits of a publicly accessable (to a point) SVN are.

In the old one, I rarely saw any real kind of development by many people. Not to mention I kept fixing bugs which were later ignored.