Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RELEASE DATE for Eclipse Evolution 3.0/Solar Eclipse/Java Eclipse!

Admiral Refuge

@Zetta:

> no thats for access to edit the alpha/beta current versions. Anyone can download the source and edit their own copy as long as they follow the Terms and Agreements

Awesome..
Sorry, I misunderstood.

Solar sounds really, REALLY promising man.
You been working hard, what do you get out of it?
Other than the obvious vacation from "Whens 3.0 coming out?"

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@[MotR:

> Bong@rtist link=topic=45337.msg467666#msg467666 date=1244522909]
> Awesome..
> Sorry, I misunderstood.
>
> Solar sounds really, REALLY promising man.
> You been working hard, what do you get out of it?
> Other than the obvious vacation from "Whens 3.0 coming out?"

Its still officially EE 3.0, and see my sig for answers on the "delayed" release.

@[MotR:

> Bong@rtist link=topic=45337.msg467666#msg467666 date=1244522909]
> Awesome..
> Sorry, I misunderstood.
>
> Solar sounds really, REALLY promising man.
> You been working hard, what do you get out of it?
> Other than the obvious vacation from "Whens 3.0 coming out?"

I get to write down that I wrote the engine from scratch.

@Admiral:

> Its still officially EE 3.0, and see my sig for answers on the "delayed" release.

Actually, no. Its Solar. Zetta announced the other day…
And I never asked about progress... So why point me to your sig...?
I'm confused.com...

@Zetta:

> I get to write down that I wrote the engine from scratch.

I guess, not much of a reward really though, is it?
I'll donate regularly once I got my game up and running.

@[MotR:

> Bong@rtist link=topic=45337.msg467672#msg467672 date=1244523467]
> Actually, no. Its Solar. Zetta announced the other day…
> And I never asked about progress... So why point me to your sig...?
> I'm confused.com...
>
> I guess, not much of a reward really though, is it?
> I'll donate regularly once I got my game up and running.

Never saw ann. And Im NEVER, EVER going to call it *****(Sunish word) Eclipse again.

Them community decided, because it wasn't part of the "Evolution" series, it deserved a name to distinguish it from the other builds.
Mellows is still workin on a VB6 version which should be called EE3.0/EE7.
This is MY opinion on it, but it seems to make sense.

@Bob:

> Them community decided, because it wasn't part of the "Evolution" series, it deserved a name to distinguish it from the other builds.
> Mellows is still workin on a VB6 version which should be called EE3.0/EE7.
> This is MY opinion on it, but it seems to make sense.

btw the whole EE series is Eclipse 6 because it was the 6th major release of Eclipse, not 7.

I can just imagine someone seeing this topic, inviting all their frinends over saying "zOMG! Teh release daate 4 3.00!!1!!!1111! Lez have a party while weh read it!" Then they all read it, and he loses all his friends. When I learn Java, I'm going to see if I can help some how…hmm....

@Xavi:

> I can just imagine someone seeing this topic, inviting all their frinends over saying "zOMG! Teh release daate 4 3.00!!1!!!1111! Lez have a party while weh read it!" Then they all read it, and he loses all his friends. When I learn Java, I'm going to see if I can help some how…hmm....

What kind of friends do you have that stop being friends with you if you link them to a misleading topic >___>;

@Robin:

> What kind of friends do you have that stop being friends with you if you link them to a misleading topic >___>;

/thread

I find it ABSOLUTELY stupid that you pull the "one man developer" card, I have personally offered to help HM develop 3.0, being experienced in java, but he completely ignored me when I said I didn't have any projects laying around he can look at.

@zachtrant:

> I find it ABSOLUTELY (correction) fine that you pull the "one man developer" card, I have personally offered to help HM develop 3.0, being experienced in java, but he completely ignored me when I said I didn't have any projects laying around he can look at.

But its true. Just show him some of your work. You cant get the job with an empty resume.

@zachtrant:

> I find it ABSOLUTELY stupid that you pull the "one man developer" card, I have personally offered to help HM develop 3.0, being experienced in java, but he completely ignored me when I said I didn't have any projects laying around he can look at.

I dont pull it, other people do.
Also, I said it earlier, become a vet and ask permission to write to the svn.

@Xeross:

> It was a joke, Don't take it literally.

A bad joke, but still a joke.
@zachtrant:

> I find it ABSOLUTELY stupid that you pull the "one man developer" card, I have personally offered to help HM develop 3.0, being experienced in java, but he completely ignored me when I said I didn't have any projects laying around he can look at.

You aren't just not a vet, you also only have 2 posts to your name.
@Zetta:

> I dont pull it, other people do.
> Also, I said it earlier, become a vet and ask permission to write to the svn.

He's not lying there from what I've seen. It seems to be people who "complain" "for" HM instead of HM complaining.

@zachtrant:

Shut up.
HM works very hard for free; he isn't pulling any one-man dev cards.
If you want to pick a fight with HM, you're picing a fight with me, marsh, and every other respectable eclipse members and maybe even some not-so-respectable ones.
Now get off of HM's jock before I unleash my army of well-equipped smurfs on you!

@HM: Hey man,
You're doing great. Don't worry about what some noob says; we got your back. ;) And no one else really cares what he says either, so you're covered. And thanks for all you have done, every member of this community thanks you, and you, in fact, are the sole reason eclipse is not due for extinction, bringing it out into the Sun (hah, pun on Java), for everyone to be able to edit freely (legally).

Alright, the only post after mine that was more than a childish adolescant impulse was that by HM, and his was lead by a misreading.

I used HM in the third person in my post "I offered to help HM", I wasn't talking to him, I was talking to the community in general, I haven't seen him pull that card, and I never claimed to if you read my post correctly.

I have nothing against HM, and I don't claim him as anything other than a talented developer who puts forth more work than he should.

As to the idiot above me, calling people 'noobs' just to start a 'fight' (which on the internet is just about as pointless as flipping off a blind man) is utterly idiotic, I wouldn't WANT somone of your lack of intellectual thought to 'have my back' if I was HM.

On a final note: I'd try to become a 'vet', but I really have nothing to post about with this community, I run linux primarily, as thus can't work with the VB6 source, or use the engine (And on this worthless computer, running an emulator or a virtual machine is out of the question), so I find there to be little topic for discussion and personal engagement.

The best to all of you, (including you, idiot who posted above me, who's post was so senseless I didn't bother to look at his forum name before writing this post, so I have no clue, or care, what it is) I'll keep looking in on the community, and maybe I can be of some help when 3.0 is released and I can help in Java

@zachtrant:

> Alright, the only post after mine that was more than a childish adolescant impulse was that by HM, and his was lead by a misreading.
>
> I used HM in the third person in my post "I offered to help HM", I wasn't talking to him, I was talking to the community in general, I haven't seen him pull that card, and I never claimed to if you read my post correctly.
>
> I have nothing against HM, and I don't claim him as anything other than a talented developer who puts forth more work than he should.
>
> As to the idiot above me, calling people 'noobs' just to start a 'fight' (which on the internet is just about as pointless as flipping off a blind man) is utterly idiotic, I wouldn't WANT somone of your lack of intellectual thought to 'have my back' if I was HM.
>
> On a final note: I'd try to become a 'vet', but I really have nothing to post about with this community, I run linux primarily, as thus can't work with the VB6 source, or use the engine (And on this worthless computer, running an emulator or a virtual machine is out of the question), so I find there to be little topic for discussion and personal engagement.
>
> The best to all of you, (including you, idiot who posted above me, who's post was so senseless I didn't bother to look at his forum name before writing this post, so I have no clue, or care, what it is) I'll keep looking in on the community, and maybe I can be of some help when 3.0 is released and I can help in Java

I have too say I agree with you (somewhat). Though there is a way to get Eclipse and VB6 to work on Linux. Ask HM.

@zachtrant:

> Alright, the only post after mine that was more than a childish adolescant impulse was that by HM, and his was lead by a misreading.
>
> I used HM in the third person in my post "I offered to help HM", I wasn't talking to him, I was talking to the community in general, I haven't seen him pull that card, and I never claimed to if you read my post correctly.
>
> I have nothing against HM, and I don't claim him as anything other than a talented developer who puts forth more work than he should.
>
> As to the idiot above me, calling people 'noobs' just to start a 'fight' (which on the internet is just about as pointless as flipping off a blind man) is utterly idiotic, I wouldn't WANT somone of your lack of intellectual thought to 'have my back' if I was HM.
>
> On a final note: I'd try to become a 'vet', but I really have nothing to post about with this community, I run linux primarily, as thus can't work with the VB6 source, or use the engine (And on this worthless computer, running an emulator or a virtual machine is out of the question), so I find there to be little topic for discussion and personal engagement.
>
> The best to all of you, (including you, idiot who posted above me, who's post was so senseless I didn't bother to look at his forum name before writing this post, so I have no clue, or care, what it is) I'll keep looking in on the community, and maybe I can be of some help when 3.0 is released and I can help in Java

@zachtrant:

Actually, what you posted looks like a flame. And honestly, I believe you're the idiot for writing a rant in such a questionable way that you were called a noob by me, and I rarely call anyone a noob, unless I'm angry with them.
Also, how am I an idiot for supporting the head and sole developer Eclipse for a post that was very sketchy?
And what was the reason behind that post? No one is pulling a one man card for HM, and who the hell cares if we are. The fact is, he is going solo, and in a way, I am happy he is. Why? So people like you, who post without rereading and call people idiots, aren't the people who represent Eclipse, but instead, a nice guy, like HM, is.

I'm finished with this discussion.

@[SB:

> Shri (shrig94) link=topic=45337.msg474443#msg474443 date=1245349829]
> Actually, what you posted looks like a flame. And honestly, I believe you're the idiot for writing a rant in such a questionable way that you were called a noob by me, and I rarely call anyone a noob, unless I'm angry with them.
> Also, how am I an idiot for supporting the head and sole developer Eclipse for a post that was very sketchy?
> And what was the reason behind that post? No one is pulling a one man card for HM, and who the hell cares if we are. The fact is, he is going solo, and in a way, I am happy he is. Why? So people like you, who post without rereading and call people idiots, aren't the people who represent Eclipse, but instead, a nice guy, like HM, is.
>
> I'm finished with this discussion.

Xavi Agrees.

ZachTrant, unfortunately exactly 1/2 of your posts can be taken as flame.