Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RELEASE DATE for Eclipse Evolution 3.0/Solar Eclipse/Java Eclipse!

Admiral Refuge

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Id say 2 months. In a month and a half its gonna be released. 3/4 of the ppl will experience bugs. A week later there is a fix for it. Then the the week after that ppl report minor bugs here and there. And finally after 2 and a half months. Were looking at a steady version.

If 2.8s map bug was fixed, id suggest every1 to start their game on that. But with that bug its not worth starting anything

EDIT: make that 3 months for those who are waiting for the 2.8>3.0 map converter (actually its in java now right? nvm i dont think u can convert anything from 2.8>3.0 (SE1.0))

You can indeed convert it, but it would be lulzy.
And honestly, I have yet to see a working client screenshot of SE1.0\. Just mashups and particles.

(Excuse me if I'm wrong and there is screenshots though, in which case please point me to them)

That's because as far as I know there isn't much more done than what you mentioned, the libraries and stuff are worked out, just all the implementation isn't.

I'm just basing this off of what I've seen in the subversion repository, I might be way off, and there might be things I haven't seen yet, but whatever.

@Greendude120:

> No. Id say 2 months. In a month and a half its gonna be released. 3/4 of the ppl will experience bugs. A week later there is a fix for it. Then the the week after that ppl report minor bugs here and there. And finally after 2 and a half months. Were looking at a steady version.

The engine is virtually done, HM needs to finish the editors (I believe he said he has one left to do), before the testing; the test to find bugs will most likely be a closed-alpha.

@Greendude120:

> If 2.8s map bug was fixed, id suggest every1 to start their game on that. But with that bug its not worth starting anything

The map bug consists of commenting out 1 line of code (it still freezes, but it doesn't lag); a solution for the freezing is still being resolved.

@Greendude120:

> EDIT: make that 3 months for those who are waiting for the 2.8>3.0 map converter (actually its in java now right? nvm i dont think u can convert anything from 2.8>3.0 (SE1.0))

You don't read much, do you?
Yes, it is in Java, and the maps are fully compatible.
When you load SE1.0, it detects the type of maps that is in the folder; it can convert on-the-spot.
Please refer to this topic: http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,46830.0.html

For more information, please check the public development board, as well as this topic: http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,44970.0.html

@Umbra!:

> You can indeed convert it, but it would be lulzy.
> And honestly, I have yet to see a working client screenshot of SE1.0\. Just mashups and particles.
>
> (Excuse me if I'm wrong and there is screenshots though, in which case please point me to them)

Check the Summary topic, there are afew more things in there; ashame you weren't there for that first alpha-release; you could get in the client then.

Lawls. I dont read much? ok so i didnt read that thing about map converter topic… hows that let you make such comment.

Also i know its almost all done. But as i said, things are always longer than expected, + with the closed alpha as u said, makes us wait more and then the early release bugs may not be found in closed alpha because they may be minor like (when sum1 reachs lvl 45 the speed stat is broken or some random shit) anyhow my guess is 2 months (around there) thanks for replying but my guess still holds.

And yea i know the map bug fix is being resolved but at the time of my posting, and still current. there is none.. so my point still holds

@Umbra!:

> You can indeed convert it, but it would be lulzy.
> And honestly, I have yet to see a working client screenshot of SE1.0\. Just mashups and particles.
>
> (Excuse me if I'm wrong and there is screenshots though, in which case please point me to them)

I posted a web-embedded alpha version in the vet board. you probably missed it.

@Greendude120:

> If 2.8s map bug was fixed, id suggest every1 to start their game on that. But with that bug its not worth starting anything

Um.. correct me if im wrong. But Umbra told me how to fix it, it was just one symbol (') that needed to be taken out of the source, and it fixed the whole thing. After Umbra told me how in a topic somewhere, 2.8 worked just fine!

• 2 weeks later...
@»ßŁũë«:

> i have acces to vet board but im not a vet  :)

You can only see the board, nothing else.

@»ßŁũë«:

> nahh i see vet i can copy and past any thing there. i can see the vet board and beta board.

You can only see them, not submit anything to them. You don't even have read-access for the Veteran board, except for the Beta **sub**-board.

Regards,
  Godlord.

I'm wondering if there's any point in my continuing my current project in 2.7.  Would I be able to keep working on that for now and transfer it over to SE1/EE3 when it comes out?

Oh, and I read this entire thread, and it seems that many of the people here don't truly appreciate the hard work being done by Zetta.  I may be a lowly new-comer compared to the rest of you, but I know ungrateful flaming when I see. it.  (Notice the non-usage of NAMES here.)  I suggest that if you want to flame people, go to some other forum and do it there.  Maybe you can get your fix THERE without pissing everyone HERE off!  c(:

EDIT:  By the way, I have a suggestion for the developers and admins.  If you're thinking of releasing a new version, why not just keep it a secret until it actually is out?  Work on it until it's done, pick out your alpha/beta testers and tell them not to say anything about it, then release it as a "surprise!"  If used right, this strategy will guarantee that no stupid noobs will ask, "OMG!  WHEN NEW VERSION COME?!?!" or scream at you, "WTF!  NOT OUT YET!  I WANTS NAO!!!!!"  Then, when a new, bugged version finally comes…  "YOU SUCK!  BUGZ AND FAIL!"

Catch my drift?  xD

@Spirit.of.the.Dawn:

> I'm wondering if there's any point in my continuing my current project in 2.7.  Would I be able to keep working on that for now and transfer it over to SE1/EE3 when it comes out?

The data from EE2.7 will be transferable to SE1.0, which isn't EE3.0 because EE3.0 is the upcoming VB6 version.

@Spirit.of.the.Dawn:

> Oh, and I read this entire thread, and it seems that many of the people here don't truly appreciate the hard work being done by Zetta.  I may be a lowly new-comer compared to the rest of you, but I know ungrateful flaming when I see. it.  (Notice the non-usage of NAMES here.)  I suggest that if you want to flame people, go to some other forum and do it there.  Maybe you can get your fix THERE without pissing everyone HERE off!  c(:

lolwut?

@Spirit.of.the.Dawn:

> EDIT:  By the way, I have a suggestion for the developers and admins.  If you're thinking of releasing a new version, why not just keep it a secret until it actually is out?  Work on it until it's done, pick out your alpha/beta testers and tell them not to say anything about it, then release it as a "surprise!"  If used right, this strategy will guarantee that no stupid noobs will ask, "OMG!  WHEN NEW VERSION COME?!?!" or scream at you, "WTF!  NOT OUT YET!  I WANTS NAO!!!!!"  Then, when a new, bugged version finally comes…  "YOU SUCK!  BUGZ AND FAIL!"
>
> Catch my drift?  xD

We don't do that because people will then be asking: "When will there come a new version?"

Regards,
  Godlord.

• 4 weeks later...