Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Project Vertigo Origins [ 1.1.4 – FINAL ] (2D Side-Scrolling ORPG Engine)

mrmiguu

@Anna:

> Is there a string size limitation for account names? I'm unable to create an account. I'm getting the beep SFX but whenever I try to log in it says the name doesn't exist. I've tried multiple names.
>
> Also, for me the Server GUI is incomplete, and there is no minimize button.
>
> Edit: downloading the "new" hotfixes. You should label the main download's date of posting. (I was under the impression that the new main release had those fixes.)

I will look into account name lengths. The new hotfixes contain the minimize button for the server. I think the older client won't allow you to register an account is why you were getting that problem. I will add dates to the hotfixes, thank you.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mrdani:

> Very nice Miguu, i saw your To do list in the first post, and im wondering something about the last one.
> What about climbing sprites for ladders? (i saw the attribute on map editor)

Yes. I was going to either make the ladder attribute or just make the up/down sprites attacking and jumping/falling. I say you guys should vote. Do you guys want ladder attributes or do you guys want the UP/DOWN frames of the sprite sheet to be used for attacking animations and jumping?

@Anna:

> Ok yeah the name length wasn't a problem. I like how you've lowered the map editor size a little bit; but you need to turn off the GUI components when the map editor is active since it blocks the view of the map (this is no problem in normal Eclipse since the GUI is outside the map display view).

I see what you mean. I will set it so they all disappear once the editor is opened.

Well, I think what UP for Jumping and DOWN for Attacking would be awesome.
But, why don't you make this?:

UP:
Climb Climb Jump Up

DOWN:
Attack Attack Jump Down

(and the others like it's now)

Jump sprite needs two sprites (one going up, and one falling), and climbing two… And attack with two it's enough.

Actually, you should make it so the down arrow key will allow you to drop off platform tiles. Having no way to go down without walking off the end of a platform row is extremely limiting in a map design aspect. With an ability to move downward would greatly increase the depth of the maps.

Edit: FORGET about all the fancy animations right now, it's fine as it is although the suggestion about using the UP/DOWN directional sprite frames could be useful.

So, I quit my main game because I really want to make a side-scroller, but I still recieve the Run-time error 401 that says:

"Can't show non-modal form when modal form is displayed"

The run-time error shows up every time I try and edit something like maps, spells, NPC's, etc.

Please help.  :cry:

@Wraith:

> So, I quit my main game because I really want to make a side-scroller, but I still recieve the Run-time error 401 that says:
>
> "Can't show non-modal form when modal form is displayed"
>
> The run-time error shows up every time I try and edit something like maps, spells, NPC's, etc.
>
> Please help.  :cry:

This is not the doing of me or you. It is most likely an error that can be fixed by repairing your .dll/.ocx files. Some .dll's are required to read specific objects on a vb6 form. If that specific .dll is corrupted, the program won't know how to read the foreign object properly, thus giving you the error message.

@Merailima:

> Help! The thing is, I was working with the PV engine and it was fine, but suddenly, the charecters couldn't attack, enter shops, pick up items, etc. Could U help?

Sounds like your character isn't on the tile it seems to be. Use the _shift + click_ feature to relocate your character to fix this.