Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Project Vertigo Origins [ 1.1.4 – FINAL ] (2D Side-Scrolling ORPG Engine)

mrmiguu

@MrMiguuâ„¢:

> I think you're talking about **trajectory**. It's hard to mimic this since it's using a tile-based system. Plus, you can move your character in the air, which is also un-real. If you don't like the way the physics work on this engine, by all means, program your own to suit your personal preferences.

Hmmm… You have a point, forgive me for my failure to idea.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you jump while moving, the character doesn't just fall down, but instead the combined momentum of you holding down a directional arrow + the jumping = distance made at a certain altitude. In PV, you create your own momentum by holding any directional key. The trajectory will happen as long as you continue holding down the same directional key.

One bug I found. When you create a Guild (via scripting or with the Guild Menu), you won't appear as a member of the guild unless you log-out.

And, a suggestion.
It would be nice if you can disable the clan creation system, the default one eclipse has… It's awful, and many people, like me, want to make their own Guild Creation System.
Thanks. I think it would be very easy, just a var in the Data.ini, and then before the vb.Key line, just a getvar xD.
(I dunno why I'm telling this to you, you are the master ;))

@franqetesh:

> One bug I found. When you create a Guild (via scripting or with the Guild Menu), you won't appear as a member of the guild unless you log-out.
>
> And, a suggestion.
> It would be nice if you can disable the clan creation system, the default one eclipse has… It's awful, and many people, like me, want to make their own Guild Creation System.
> Thanks. I think it would be very easy, just a var in the Data.ini, and then before the vb.Key line, just a getvar xD.
> (I dunno why I'm telling this to you, you are the master ;))

Don't you want the guild name to still appear?

@franqetesh:

> I'm not telling what the Guild System is awful… The Guild Creation System it is. It's horrible, pressing F5 (or F4, I don't rememember xD).
> Showing the name of course it's necesary.
>
> Are you going to implement it? O_O

Yes. You mean take it out???

@Rose:

> Whats with all the new avis Miguu? Your Pixel art changing or somethin?

What is that supposed to mean?

@Rose:

> And sweet full screen :3
> Maybe make fullscreen an In-Game Setting/Option?

Thanks. You will be able to choose at the character selection screen.

@MrMiguuâ„¢:

> Is that bad or good? My old avatar wasn't made by me… it was made by Minilinkki.

This is a derail and I apologize for starting it. But I like it a lot. I liked the old ones too. These look a little less alive though xD Just sayin from an almost-professional point-of-view if you wanna chat more add meh Yahoo to your msn :3

@Rose:

> This is a derail and I apologize for starting it. But I like it a lot. I liked the old ones too. These look a little less alive though xD Just sayin from an almost-professional point-of-view if you wanna chat more add meh Yahoo to your msn :3

It's alright. I made these ones a little more neutral on purpose because giving a sprite a smile doesn't always please the player. I think players should use emotes in-game to express their feelings. It would be a bit weird if someone used an angry emote in-game but their sprite was smiling.

On-Topic: Once I figure out a way to merge borderless-fullscreen mode with #4 borderstyle windowed mode into PV, I will release hotfix #3.

@MrMiguuâ„¢:

> It's alright. I made these ones a little more neutral on purpose because giving a sprite a smile doesn't always please the player. I think players should use emotes in-game to express their feelings. It would be a bit weird if someone used an angry emote in-game but their sprite was smiling.
>
> On-Topic: Once I figure out a way to merge borderless-fullscreen mode with #4 borderstyle windowed mode into PV, I will release hotfix #3.

I basically know how to do that! I just can't explain… and since this isn't open source I'm finishing the physics system on my ss engine xD This is a piece of work though. I'm actually getting Extra Credit from my college class to work on a C++ and Code-of-Choice (VB) program.

@Rose:

> I basically know how to do that! I just can't explain… and since this isn't open source I'm finishing the physics system on my ss engine xD This is a piece of work though. I'm actually getting Extra Credit from my college class to work on a C++ and Code-of-Choice (VB) program.

That's cool. I wish I was a good as coder as you. I am so ignorant sometimes… I bet you can do anything. I need to figure it out. I don't want to release my source because I know for a fact people will steal the physics code and claim it their own. If you make a SS-Engine, I could learn a lot from a genius such as yourself. I really need to learn more about the entire conceptual physics system regarding MMOs. Thank you for inspiring me.

@MrMiguuâ„¢:

> That's cool. I wish I was a good as coder as you. I am so ignorant sometimes… I bet you can do anything. I need to figure it out. I don't want to release my source because I know for a fact people will steal the physics code and claim it their own. If you make a SS-Engine, I could learn a lot from a genius such as yourself. I really need to learn more about the entire conceptual physics system regarding MMOs. Thank you for inspiring me.

Pleasssseeeeee tell me that wasn't sarcasm xD

@Rose:

> Pleasssseeeeee tell me that wasn't sarcasm xD

Lol, no it wasn't. I am being sincere because if you can code a SS Engine from scratch, you're a genius in my book. Plus, you're in college which makes you more educated than me right off the bat, so I have respect for you.

@MrMiguuâ„¢:

> Lol, no it wasn't. I am being sincere because if you can code a SS Engine from scratch, you're a genius in my book. Plus, you're in college which makes you more educated than me right off the bat, so I have respect for you.

Mkay, that made my day. xD If you ever need any help lemme know ^^.