Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Origins v2 Beta

Robin

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah about the weapons not doing damage, resources are affected by them (change the default hatchet to 20 damage instead of 1, and watch the default trees die in one chop).

How is the trade dialogue handled? Do you have to confirm your offer or is it all in real-time? If you want to take something out can you do that or do you need to clear the trade and start again?

Double click an inventory item to offer it. If it's a currency you'll get the CurrencyHandler box pop up asking you how many you want to offer.

Click an item on your side of the trade to take it out of the trade. It'll all update in real time.

When you're happy with the trade, press 'Accept' and it'll let the other person know you've accepted the trade. When both players have accepted, the items will be swapped over between your inventories and the temporary data will be cleared allowing you to trade again with someone else.

Robin if you have completed the new mapping system could you please release a new version of Orgins so that those of us that will be using Orgins can start mapping for our game and we wont have to redo the maps. Then when new updates are release for orgins we can just transfer our stuff over instead of remapping the whole game.
I want to use this engine for both of my games, and i want to start redoing maps as soon as possible

@Kinjiru:

> Robin if you have completed the new mapping system could you please release a new version of Orgins so that those of us that will be using Orgins can start mapping for our game and we wont have to redo the maps. Then when new updates are release for orgins we can just transfer our stuff over instead of remapping the whole game.
> I want to use this engine for both of my games, and I want to start redoing maps as soon as possible

Map your game. Then delete it all. Remap it again. You should do this atleast once if you really are serious about making a game.

Robin a quick tutorial I did for people that use netbooks add it if you want. Would save me work on putting it back in later.

Some people like to use slash commands as well.

**Commands:**

```
      Case "/ap"

If GetPlayerAccess(MyIndex) < ADMIN_MONITOR Then
                        AddText "You need to be a high enough staff member to do this!", AlertColor
                        GoTo Continue
          End If

frmMainGame.picAdmin.Visible = Not frmMainGame.picAdmin.Visible

```
Then add the command /ap to the /admin command.

EDIT: Fixed the bug I made with access.

Also a bug I am trying to fix right now is when your admin access is revoked the admin menu should close.

@Robin:

> ![](http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/trade2.png)
>
> I'll just leave this here…

THIS IS SO COOL!
Yeah I have been used TAB to show you how happy I am bcuz of this trade system.
Also for the P2P trade add "Gold" Trade
n_n

EDIT:
OMG AGAIN I USE TAB!
WTF IS THIS????
![](http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/shop-2.png)
![](http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/animimages.gif)

*Neox Love Robin*

Is there away I can take the inventory and put in the normal eclipse or take the normal eclipse scripting system can put it on origins because I REALLY! like the scripting system and I like everything about orgins…

@Anna:

> @Kinjiru:
>
> > Robin if you have completed the new mapping system could you please release a new version of Orgins so that those of us that will be using Orgins can start mapping for our game and we wont have to redo the maps. Then when new updates are release for orgins we can just transfer our stuff over instead of remapping the whole game.
> > I want to use this engine for both of my games, and I want to start redoing maps as soon as possible
>
> Map your game. Then delete it all. Remap it again. You should do this atleast once if you really are serious about making a game.

Seems like a waste of time to me, when you could just do the maps well the FIRST time; not to mention have more maps made in that time. If you are serious about making a game, get serious first not after.  ;)

@Cheshire:

> Seems like a waste of time to me, when you could just do the maps well the FIRST time; not to mention have more maps made in that time. If you are serious about making a game, get serious first not after.  ;)

That would be true if people actually spent time getting good at something before making their games.

From experience I can say that pretty much everyone around here rushes into their game straight away, so the practise would certainly do them good.

@Cheshire:

> @Anna:
>
> > @Kinjiru:
> >
> > > Robin if you have completed the new mapping system could you please release a new version of Orgins so that those of us that will be using Orgins can start mapping for our game and we wont have to redo the maps. Then when new updates are release for orgins we can just transfer our stuff over instead of remapping the whole game.
> > > I want to use this engine for both of my games, and I want to start redoing maps as soon as possible
> >
> > Map your game. Then delete it all. Remap it again. You should do this atleast once if you really are serious about making a game.
>
> Seems like a waste of time to me, when you could just do the maps well the FIRST time; not to mention have more maps made in that time. If you are serious about making a game, get serious first not after.  ;)

_You **don't** do the maps well if you don't spend the time mapping beforehand!_ That is, mapping in the engine you're using and with the map editor; the engine may handle things differently and how it handles things might also change how you want to draw and craft your tilesets and maps.

If you have the tilesets you like, map now, even if the map editor is not finalized.

YOU CAN NEVER GET TOO MUCH MAPPING PRACTICE.

@Anna:

> @Cheshire:
>
> > @Anna:
> >
> > > @Kinjiru:
> > >
> > > > Robin if you have completed the new mapping system could you please release a new version of Orgins so that those of us that will be using Orgins can start mapping for our game and we wont have to redo the maps. Then when new updates are release for orgins we can just transfer our stuff over instead of remapping the whole game.
> > > > I want to use this engine for both of my games, and I want to start redoing maps as soon as possible
> > >
> > > Map your game. Then delete it all. Remap it again. You should do this atleast once if you really are serious about making a game.
> >
> > Seems like a waste of time to me, when you could just do the maps well the FIRST time; not to mention have more maps made in that time. If you are serious about making a game, get serious first not after.  ;)
>
> _You **don't** do the maps well if you don't spend the time mapping beforehand!_ That is, mapping in the engine you're using and with the map editor; the engine may handle things differently and how it handles things might also change how you want to draw and craft your tilesets and maps.
>
> If you have the tilesets you like, map now, even if the map editor is not finalized.
>
> YOU CAN NEVER GET TOO MUCH MAPPING PRACTICE.

Mapping practice sure! But if we werent playing around with an unfinished engine Id say do it right the first time and save precious time. And since the map editor and engine arent finished practicing map making with Origins might prove futile, for now.

well the engine might not be finished but the source is there. :P

Anyways BUG FOUND!

another easy fix just letting you know lol

in map properties (boot Map, Boot X, Boot Y)
it use to make you warp to that location when you die. Now it just warps you to the same spot when you made a new player.

Or has this feature been broken for a while now? Last time i used it was in the version before TE

:icon_nif:
How can you do it right without practice? Just go map. Yeah you'll have to re-map it when the new map editor comes out, but you'll have a good idea of your general gameworld layout so when you map it again you only have to worry about improving on the details and flow of the maps.

@[PIE:

> Dr. Aken link=topic=57637.msg644780#msg644780 date=1275669981]
> well the engine might not be finished but the source is there. :P
>
> Anyways BUG FOUND!
>
> another easy fix just letting you know lol
>
> in map properties (boot Map, Boot X, Boot Y)
> it use to make you warp to that location when you die. Now it just warps you to the same spot when you made a new player.
>
> Or has this feature been broken for a while now? Last time I used it was in the version before TE

Hmm, I know Boot Map worked in later EEs. I didn't know you could make new characters on the same account in EO?