Find results in...

Eclipse Origins v2 Beta

Robin

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question maybe bug??

okay damage on weapons isnt added into combat formula or atleast it wasnt when i was trying to make weapons/npcs balanced out.

All i did noticed is its Str - End = damage but no matter what weapon i use.(one had 5 damage the other had 50 but i would steal only deal 22 dmg when i attacked npc)

So is it a bug or am I just misunderstanding how your combat system is setup?

I don't think anyone understands how my combat system is setup, let alone me. xD

All I did was change the stats to what they are now, quickly changing the old ones to whichever looked the most compatible. I still need to re-write the combat system.

It'll use the old battle system, but with new formulae. Eclipse's battle system is boring and predictable. Strength - Defence = Damage.

I'll be trying to make it more fun, as well as adding some luck to it.

Of course. I've already been planning that out with Derrick.

To make it easier to trade items which don't stack we were thinking of creating a 'bank trade', where you can offer up any number of items you have in your bank, and after the trade is complete they're automatically sent to the other party's bank.

This would make trading across 200 iron ingots much easier. Of course I'd have to limit it to some sort of Market Place map moral or something. :]

I'll also, of course, be adding a normal P2P trade system so you can trade me over 5 health potions when I'm getting my arse handed to me by Kobolds in the dungeon we're going through.

@Tylian!:

> You never knew how to use bitwise operators?!
>
> Wow, robin. :/

I keep telling everyone I'm a terrible programmer, but no one believes me. :(

I know how to use bitwise operators of course, I just never used them to store multiple bit flags within a single variable.

@Robin:

> @Tylian!:
>
> > You never knew how to use bitwise operators?!
> >
> > Wow, robin. :/
>
> I keep telling everyone I'm a terrible programmer, but no one believes me. :(
>
> I know how to use bitwise operators of course, I just never used them to store multiple bit flags within a single variable.

*shun*

@Harris:

> What's a 'right-click' menu?

*shun more*

2 things, one is a little problem the other is an RTE.

first thing:  blood does not appear when npcs attack eachother.

second thing:  i got an RTE when i attacked a monster.  it was RTE 11: Division by zero. 

the weapon i had equipped was a stick.  it used the dragon animation, had absolutly no requirements to use it and gave 10 attack.  i changed the attack to 11 after to see if it did the same thing and it did.  i have 2 npcs, one is an old man and one a young boy.  nothing happens when i attack the young boy, but it happens almost instantly when i attack the old man.  they have the exact same stats and everything.  the only thing i can think of that might be a problem is that i copied and pasted a large slime sprite from EE to see if your engine would compensate for sprite size changes automatically.  it did.  but then after a while it started giving the RTE.  not too sure what was going on.

client side.  when i hit debug it brings me to BltAnimation and points to the line:

width = DDSD_Animation(Sprite).lWidth / FrameCount

so it might have something to do with bigsprites anyway?

on another note, a small thing i noticed:

when you are editing the map, and the map has a preexisting attribute on it, lets say the "blocked" tile.  i got rid of the blocked tile, started editing, and then i accidentally ran into the space where the blocked tile was.  this restored the blocked tiles and cleared all my edits.  just came across it right now.

Make sure the animation's .bmp file exists and make sure the framecount is more than 0.

As for the other thing, when you remove a tile from the client it's _only_ removed from your client whilst you're editing the map. If you then walk over it, the client won't block you move and it'll send the move packet to the server.

The server will think you're trying to hack your position or you're de-synced and warp you back to your original position, forcing you to exit the map editor.