Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Origins v2 Beta

Robin

@[PIE:

> Dr. Aken link=topic=57637.msg644780#msg644780 date=1275669981]
> Or has this feature been broken for a while now? Last time I used it was in the version before TE

It's not the same feature as Eclipse. You need to remember that this is completely new, not built on any version of Eclipse.

Chances are it just didn't work in Mirage. I'll look into it.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Anna:

> @[PIE:
>
> > Dr. Aken link=topic=57637.msg644780#msg644780 date=1275669981]
> > well the engine might not be finished but the source is there. :P
> >
> > Anyways BUG FOUND!
> >
> > another easy fix just letting you know lol
> >
> > in map properties (boot Map, Boot X, Boot Y)
> > it use to make you warp to that location when you die. Now it just warps you to the same spot when you made a new player.
> >
> > Or has this feature been broken for a while now? Last time I used it was in the version before TE
>
> Hmm, I know Boot Map worked in later EEs. I didn't know you could make new characters on the same account in EO?

um you cant make more then 1 character but when you do make your first one(which if you never played is your new character) it spawns you on to the map and its the same location you go to when you die.

He's probably aware of this.

Bugs:
- When you logout the map editor doesn't close. (Maybe other editors)

- The Morals in the map properties, the scrollbar should be the maximum morals.

- The music shouldn't be named music 1, 2, etc, and use names instead to be friendly to users.

- The music that plays when you load up the client, there should be an option to turn it on or off if there isn't already and in the config.ini to change the music.

@Ne[o:

> x link=topic=57637.msg644803#msg644803 date=1275674480]
> Robin… what about Drop Priority?
> Any Idea About This?

What do you mean by this? I'm doing a small source edit currently dealing with NPC drops and planning on releasing a tutorial. If it's nothing too specific and something a lot of people could use, I'll code it up when I write the tutorial.

@Jesseg2:

> Is there away I can take the inventory and put in the normal eclipse or take the normal eclipse scripting system can put it on origins because I REALLY! like the scripting system and I like everything about orgins…

As robin said scripting is just an extension of vb6, and scripting makes your game run slower.
Anything that can  be written in sadscript can be modified to run in orgins and be much faster

![](http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/trade-1.png)

I realise this won't look much different from the other screenshot, but I've finished the entire system now.

- Items you have offered for the trade no longer render in your inventory.
- You're notified when the other player has accepted.
- Offering/unoffering items will re-set everyone's accept variable, so no scamming people. ;o

Big thanks to Derrick for testing it out and realising what the bug was which caused me to scratch my head for a couple of hours.

trade looks really cool.  I have a little question.  two actually.  first, just out of curiosity, what are you working on now that the trade function is complete?  and second, you mentioned in an earlier post that you wanted to include npc spellcasting.  are you still gonna do that?  because that would be insanely cool. 

also, for those guys arguing about mapping, me and my friend drew everything on paper first, that was fun.  we drew a nice overworld looking map to give us a geographical layout of everything, then an actual box by box drawing of individual areas.  its a really good way to come up with stuff when your not sitting at the computer.  we have a good hundred maps down and when we spread them out on the table it makes me feel just a touch professional :D

Three things I noticed with trade, but it looks really awesome.

- Capitalization on it looks off, offer on Derrick's side should be upper case and no period. The box is a little off on the edges, the left edge is has a little more room than the right edge of the menu for trade. Other than it seems good. :)

(The left side is 1 pixel wider than the right side)

- Also off topic, but I think [Map], broadcast, etc there should be a space after that before the name. It looks cleaner in my opinion.

- The target system if you target yourself it says your name, it should say yourself or something.

@Ballie:

> @Ne[o:
>
> > x link=topic=57637.msg644803#msg644803 date=1275674480]
> > Robin… what about Drop Priority?
> > Any Idea About This?
>
> What do you mean by this? I'm doing a small source edit currently dealing with NPC drops and planning on releasing a tutorial. If it's nothing too specific and something a lot of people could use, I'll code it up when I write the tutorial.

So here is what I mean:
If I kill the Monster The Loot will be mine for 1 min also the items should have a new value…. or idk how to say it, but a way to prevent tanking so you can go and pick up your loot. Hope you understand.
After 1 min anyone can pick up the item.

If the monster was been killed by a guard -> No Drop atall.

Ah, I see. My changes weren't that drastic. I didn't change the logic behind them at all. That sounds like something game-specific that users would code how they like. Personally, I think if you're in a party with someone who won't share loot, that's less of a coding issue and more of a party issue. Under the system you proposed, someone could stand around casting spells to ninja all the loot from people. That kind of game-balance thing is something for individual developers to decide, I'd say.

I dunno what Robin thinks about putting the idea in, but I'm going to have to pass on coding it as a third-party tutorial. It's not too hard a system though, if you put your mind to it. You'll just have to be careful of the implications.

@Ballie:

> Ah, I see. My changes weren't that drastic. I didn't change the logic behind them at all. That sounds like something game-specific that users would code how they like. Personally, I think if you're in a party with someone who won't share loot, that's less of a coding issue and more of a party issue. Under the system you proposed, someone could stand around casting spells to ninja all the loot from people. That kind of game-balance thing is something for individual developers to decide, I'd say.
>
> I dunno what Robin thinks about putting the idea in, but I'm going to have to pass on coding it as a third-party tutorial. It's not too hard a system though, if you put your mind to it. You'll just have to be careful of the implications.

To Stop Ninja Kills I think (I only think) should be easy.
The Loot will be for the player who made the most damage.

Talking about this a Exp per DMG made will be so fking cool :D

Robin..  this image is from version 1.0.3? or 1.0.2?  ..

and in this version are armor/sword/helm/shield only?  can you add amulet/boot/rings too? or its too hard?

I like EXP per damage systems, but I don't like loot locking systems. Having it open is good depending on how free and open your gameworld is. Why I like the EXP per damage tagging, is because just killing an enemy should not be the only way to get experience points; just being in a fight and surviving should provide experience points, regardless of who made the "kill hit".

But as far as loot stealing, I prefer a freedom-oriented method, where you are free to kill anyone stealing your stuff (this does requiring players dropping inventory when they are killed though).

@[PIE:

> Dr. Aken link=topic=57637.msg645376#msg645376 date=1275783969]
> BUG
>
> Only items in the top roll of the shop can be bought.

It's more than that. The IsShopItem function is using the wrong value for .Top. Find this:

```
.Top = ShopTop
```
And change to this:

```
.Top = ShopTop + ((ShopOffsetY + 32) * ((I - 1) \ ShopColumns))
```
Additionally, you might want to change ShopColumns to 6 in modConstants. Six per row fits perfectly whereas five leaves a large gap.

@[PIE:

> ICT link=topic=57637.msg645466#msg645466 date=1275798099]
> @Tompwnage:
>
> > I don't know why but, once I day I end up checking the latest posts on this topic.  :huh:
>
> YAY for literacy!
>
> Wtf does that say?

Woops, haha. Just reread, what I meant was:

One time every day, I go to this topic to check the latest posts.

Sorry xD