Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Origins v2 Beta

Robin

@Ramhu:

> Well I take it that ur an asshole and dont care about other peoples work and u can just go eat XtremeWorlds  XD
>
> P>S  :icon_beer:

XtremeWorlds isn't that bad. Worked with it for years and my game is probably bigger than 80% of the eclipse games here. A flashy engine doesn't make a good game.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@XBlue:

> this eclipse version sucks. the coding is messy and terribly made.

WTF?!?  :evil: Watch what you say about EO. It's the best thing to hit Eclipse ever.

OffTopic: Is XtremeWorlds/PlayerWorlds even around anymore? Just curious.

I'm suprised about XW though, sure it's not as good 'looking' or perhaps as good as EO? (Don't quote me on that but its probably fact), I tried some games and the games have a good player base with atleast 10+ players on the lowest times it seems.

Kinda strange how an old engine like that has such a good playerbase compared to Eclipse games which kinda don't.

@'Aydan':

> I'm suprised about XW though, sure it's not as good 'looking' or perhaps as good as EO? (Don't quote me on that but its probably fact), I tried some games and the games have a good player base with atleast 10+ players on the lowest times it seems.
>
> Kinda strange how an old engine like that has such a good playerbase compared to Eclipse games which kinda don't.

That's because the people over there have the common sense to advertise outside a forum which is based around game design. Besides, XW has had time to mature, Origins hasn't.

@Robin:

> True. Over there they don't have to piss about with GUI design or programming so they can concentrate on the actual gameplay.
>
> Still, having a game released doesn't mean it's actually good.

Yeah, we can have good gameplay waddling around in horrific maps and being harassed by a shitty GUI. I think I'll pass.

A majority of the reason is the combat system in ES/EE is strange. A lot of old PW fans like to play XW games because it kept the same fighting system.

That's why I like Origins. It doesn't have the pop up text on the screen that has memory leaks.

How to increase the general size of the screen in eclipse origins?
And what could be done is a tutorial for best animated film "visually" the animation skills.
Those that have are quite large in size, wanted a way of them becoming standard on the map.

:huh: Last time i looked PW sucked and XW still sucks.  Yes maybe they have 10+ players playing in a server.. WOW 10+.  Eclipse is here to double that or triple that.  im not trying to be a dick but i like Eclipse ten times better then i like PW or XW.  Anyways i Cant wait for the new update robin, I love ur work or anybodys for that matter but XW still sucks lol.

@Ambard:

> Ok, going to dive into so EO now. I shot you a little something for your fridge Robin ;)

Wow, thanks a lot Ambard. You pretty much donated the same amount that I've received so far from everyone else put together. xD

@Doomteam1:

> No one will write a converter, because everyone is either incapable or lazy.

Nothing to do with it. The problem with creating a converter is the sheer difference between Origins and old version of Eclipse. Although the basics of the maps would be converted, huge amounts of data would be lost, thus making it pointless.

I don't understand why you'd want your old maps anyway. Origins opens up a huge amount of possibilities by being able to have each map up to 255x255 in size, having autotiles and having dynamic animations placeable on the map.