Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Origins v2 Beta

Robin

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey robin, thanks you for the greatest engine in the world :P I'm waiting for the next version for start my game, but, i want to start sprite now, and i have see you have modif the template of it, you can send me the new template please ? :) Thanks in advance!
Sry for my bad english, i'm french..

@goku1993:

> just wondering what s the difference between the rmxp sprites and the ones that can be used now?? all there is added is one more standing sprite that looks the same as the other one to each row.

It's in a more intuitive layout. Much more manageable rather than having a huge row of sprites. Also, the 4-frames means you can have 4-frame animation. For example, birds flapping their wings and frogs jumping in RMXP have a full 4-frame animation.

I really need to end up making a character sprite editor, though. It'd allow me to have the developer choose different animation styles, different hitbox sizes etc.

Wouldn't having four frames mess with paperdoll for players? I believe the way it is now is fine. (I understand that the dev. can make it use the same middle position twice, but not exactly sure how it is going to tell which frame to use for paperdoll unless it uses the middle one twice) Changing things so much makes people have to start over constantly.

The thing is paperdoll will have to be redone too. He can't redo sprites only… Your not understanding what I am saying.

I see a bad design here and I was simply saying if your going to do sprites, you have to do paperdoll like that too. If not don't bother in changing the sprite format.

Also, you really wouldn't use a 4th frame of animation for people Ambard. I understand that the paperdoll wouldn't be a problem really, but it would be harder tell which frame goes to what paperdoll item if you get what I am saying?