Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Origins v2 Beta

Robin

I'm pretty happy to have Robin doing all the coding to be honest.  :kiss:

Means I can work on other things like tileset arrangements, storyline, world design etc.

Most of the features in this engine seem to be "behind the scenes" functionality, rather than what the player can see. I like how that's left up to me.  Which is good because it doesn't feel like im just editing a game, but rather creating a game using extensive tools.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Glyde:

> I was wondering if there was a resource page for like this type of eclipse?

I was just wondering if you can physically or mentally sustain the 3 seconds it takes to use the search bar.

Shadowwulf has released alot of resources.

Just messing around with the formulae, looking for something which works.

Made a small program which lets me set up various scenarios and look over them.

![](http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/scales.png)

@Robin:

> Just messing around with the formulae, looking for something which works.
>
> Made a small program which lets me set up various scenarios and look over them.
>
> ![](http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/scales.png)

Sweet, Robin it looks cool. :)

Wow that is pretty cool.
Were you able to figure out directional blocking's issue with bigger maps?
I checked the code over and didn't see anything limiting it to a set X or Y.
I thought directional arrow placement code was it but its just the arrows per tile i guess.

@Shadowwulfâ„¢:

> Wow that is pretty cool.
> Were you able to figure out directional blocking's issue with bigger maps?
> I checked the code over and didn't see anything limiting it to a set X or Y.
> I thought directional arrow placement code was it but its just the arrows per tile I guess.

He made a thread about that already.

Yeah, the combat system is going well. I think the new system will add a lot more variety, and let players mess around with their builds rather than just having to dump into a single attribute.

Editing it made me realise what a mess it was. Calculations where everywhere. Centralised everything combat related into modCombat and added stuff like dodge rate, crit rate, parry rate, block rate, block value and the like.

More complicated in the actual code, but should seem very basic ingame, whilst still being much more fun than the old Eclipse combat systems.

@pigboss:

> Wait robin, will u release the combat system program thingy? cause I was just about to ask you how to change the formula. cause the EO 1.1, 1 str is 1 extra dmg, but it takes 5 END to block 1 dmg. :[

The new combat system will be in the next release.

and is it possible that u make the requirements show when u scroll ur mouse over the item?
sorry if im asking so much. X[
by the way, ur whole animation system is just fantastic. Its innovative to completely seperate the animations from spell, and allow it to be played anywhere we desire… u r a genius. and u r so young X[

Yo Robin nice work with everything so far. Looking forward to EO.

One thing I'm curious about, will you put limits to how many points you can spend on an attirbute per level?

As you mentioned, most people tend to just put all the stat points into one single attribute which for me doesn't really make there any point in having attirbuted in that respect since there's no real character building other than strength to be able to kill things faster.

two things i just found with directional blocking.
1:You can melee through them… In design, you wouldnt think you could hit the other guy if you cant walk over to him... but it permits it.
2:NPCs can walk across them.

Both are easy fixes but thought I would mention it.