Robin

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Aramyth:

> Greetings,
>
> I was wondering if it's gonna be possible to simply copy/past the maps from the current EO into the next released version?
>
> Because if not then I'm not gonna bother starting with EO yet.
>
> Regards. Aramyth.

Could someone reply please? Because i would like to know if i should start building maps in origins or not.

Regards Aramyth.

Aramyth, why don't you work more on graphics?
And try to write your idea down for items, exp rates, drops, shops to have a stable balance?
this is the most boring but also most important part.
and oyu don't need an engine for that ^^

@Konsty:

> Aramyth, why don't you work more on graphics?
> And try to write your idea down for items, exp rates, drops, shops to have a stable balance?
> this is the most boring but also most important part.
> and oyu don't need an engine for that ^^

I already finished all that. The only thing i am doing now is fixing bugs in ES 1.2.2 and making maps. Only 2 things that bother me is the lag-attack and laggy movement in ES which i don't know how to fix, EO runs smooth like a charm, but i guess because it's very small.

Regards Aramyth.

@Aramyth:

> I already finished all that. The only thing I am doing now is fixing bugs in ES 1.2.2 and making maps. Only 2 things that bother me is the lag-attack and laggy movement in ES which I don't know how to fix, EO runs smooth like a charm, but I guess because it's very small.

Nothing to do with the size. EO runs smoother because it's programming is much better.

EO is only small because that's the default size. You can make everything bigger in Origins.

I understand. But Robin, i have a question. A few days ago i tried to change the max items, maps, players, etc. in the source, but when i tried to compile it, it gave me an error. How can i increase the max of those above 255?

~~Heya, I'm having the follow problem out of a sudden in EO:
![](http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6349/erroreoa.png)

I select NPC in Admin Panel and the above happens.

BTW: Is this a bug or suppose to happen: that if I make a NPC I'll have to restart the Client to use it at Map Properties and NPC Spawn? (As if I dont, they say No NPC at that slot.)~~

Both fixed. Thanks!

OK thanks. (I just started so no matter.)

Thanks again! I will watch more carefully next time.

Edit:
One more thing, if I get killed there is no blood on the ground. Until I hit the NPC again. But than the blood will be under the NPC at the direction where I hit the NPC. So Neither on the place I died.
Any suggestions or fixes for this? Thanks!

Oh well that's even stranger in that case, as the NPC doesn't get killed. But blood drops if I hit the NPC after I got killed.

I'll look into the source, maybe I can find something.
Any hints for 30x30 maps (Scrolling maps) as I want to change it to bigger maps.

One more thing, how to get beyond the 255 limit? Make every single called "byte" in the source named "long" or only for the Maps, NPC etc.

Thanks in advance.

Well, go into the mapeditor and choose PROPERTIES there you have to change X and Y for the map.
You have to do it for each single map since maps are dynamic. YOu could make each map a different size.

Changing BYTE to LONG wont change the limit , you have to gefine the "long" to set the limit then. Igues you're doing it with adding a Sub in wich the limits are defined or so.