Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Psithyroi Online

I also prefer the old ones, but I already got over with this topic xD

Why it came back to Psithyroi? I thought the game's name will be mystic tale?

I would like to ask how much progress you have made?
(In terms of engine and graphics)

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I no longer want to compare the old and new graphics, that is why I said I had  got over it.
(No matter what you say they won't listen. Remember the time this topic got locked?)
But atleast now their (Jump Button Studios) responds are more professional.

Regarding the name, I actually prefer the name Psithyroi. I am just asking why they changed it again since I never heard the reason why they changed it in the first place to Mystic Tale.

The name Psithyroi was previously changed due to a stupid reason. Though on topic about the old sprites giving us originality.. it seems many didn't end up comparing the old sprites to terraria, as that is where those sprites were inspired from. Sure you may get turned of due to the new sprites resembling maple story, though you haven't any idea as to what we have planned that required such a drastic graphics improvement.

As for where we are engine related, I can't release much details as that is the job of the programmers but, we can safely say we're slowly entering alpha stages as summer goes by. Though with this school year, I can see a huge slow down in development.

@ஜ۩Akatsuki۩ஜ:

> As for where we are engine related, I can't release much details as that is the job of the programmers but, we can safely say we're slowly entering alpha stages as summer goes by.

Would be nice to see video footage of what has been developed! Are the basics done? Walking, combat, jumping, inventory management, shopping, basic enemy AI, etc?

@ஜ۩Akatsuki۩ஜ:

> Sure you may get turned of due to the new sprites resembling maple story, though you haven't any idea as to what we have planned that required such a drastic graphics improvement.

Then show us why you changed the graphics.

@Lenn:

> So…in the year that this has been up...has there actually been a post with actual proof of an engine update, or has it just been mockup after mockup?

I could actually put a video of me walking around in-game and the project is a year old, but was restarted about three months ago.

• 2 months later...
It's been awhile since we've posted anything in here, so i'll just show one of the completed NPC drawings.

![](http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2012/256/2/e/5_by_kachima-d5ek358.png)

Psithyroi at this point is on hold. Keep an eye out though ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png)

_**No one may use this and any other resource posted on this topic without proper approval.**_

> Why should we have to ask around, to find out details of your game?
>
> You should, as an obvious standard, post links, videos, images, etc, yourself, not expect us to do so, otherwise, what's the point of showcasing your game? >_>

Didn't save link and don't wnat to upload the image again. I've already stated its been done, yet many of you continue to ask about it so why not have you ask another member that's already seen it for verification.

> My, it's taken almost a year and a half just to showcase a menu? o_o

What? the first post has a menu showcased lol. Maybe im misunderstanding what you're saying, so please do explain what you're talking about if I am.

> No, of course it hasn't. They were ready for beta months ago. /sarcasmx2

Haha, we only stated beta was close by but then informed everyone it had been delayed. Quit with your sarcasm.

Please don't start anything in this topic. We've said what we had to, now let the topic rest in peace until development has restarted. Right now the team and I are all making changes as well as many of them having to deal with college.