• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Psithyroi Online

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The second place name event winner is shadowdeath, congratulations. Kevin will get in contact with you about your npc and once the new website is complete, I will contact you about your forum title.

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/f4e4de5c1eece6532a32185ce429f424.png)

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/312bc2a2046106a4092f9affb41d5d75.png)

After many weeks, we finally decided on a company name. We are happy to announce the grand beginning of InOp, our new company.  InOp stands for "Indie Opportunity"; in the future, we will be releasing great games. First, we must look towards the success of Psithyroi Online. Indie simply means we are an independent company formed by small teams and are self-sufficient. We believe we do not have to be a big company to make successful games.

@Al:

> What the hell does Akatsuki do for the project? He's not an artist, his grammar is terrible. I don't get the point, I checked your forums and he just talks to people and does nothing. You have too big of an admin team too. No moderators for the forum. In my opinion adding Akatsuki on the team was a mistake, he needs more experience, in everything. Life, game making, just everything.

Lol, that's about all I have to say. Also, your grammar isn't that great either. Figured I'd also point that out, idiot. As rose ( sorry, your new name is far too long. XD ) said, you have no idea as to what you're talking about. Next time, get the facts before posting.

P.S. I see nothing wrong with communicating with the community.

@Al:

> What the hell does Akatsuki do for the project? He's not an artist, his grammar is terrible. I don't get the point, I checked your forums and he just talks to people and does nothing. You have too big of an admin team too. No moderators for the forum. In my opinion adding Akatsuki on the team was a mistake, he needs more experience, in everything. Life, game making, just everything.

Nick(Akatsuki) is pretty much a community manager and gets the game out there. Stop hating. Our team isn't "too big". We have a stable team that makes progress. Everyone has their own job/skill and stuff gets done. No moderators? Because we don't need them right now. It seems you have a personal problem with Nick and should keep it out this thread.

• 5 weeks later...
*Cough*
Hello there, long time since we posted in here. So far the project has been going great! I'd just like to make an announcement. Psithyroi has gone through a major graphic change.
![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/883e08e3604b7bec39f64d4e4b5ce1d0.png)
This is thanks to wonderful works of Wraith and Kevin.
Please keep it mind these are still mock ups. Things are still to be changed. Anyways, enjoy. ;)

@Marsh:

> The new graphics look great. Though in my opinion you went from a great unique style to very maplestoryish.
>
> Just my 2 cents

We realize our graphics have become drawn like Maplestory and other professional sidescrolling MMO's, but we hope people will decide to take the game's progress more seriously with the newer graphics. I'm drawing all of the tiles and will try to keep my own personal style in all of the graphics so we can stay unique. Also we hope to have unique gameplay that most of the generic sidescrollers do not have.

@Robin:

> Just looks like Maple Story now.
>
> Also, still haven't seen anything to do with an engine yet. Everyone loves mockups but if you don't actually have a game they're pretty much meaningless.

Engine is finished Robin. Our team is working on the editors now.

yeah, +1 for old graphics from me too. They just looked great & unique… Now they look like all the rest of the crap out there. I don't see the point in going from unique (and easier to make) to "professional" crap-looking-maplestory-ish graphics that probably even take way longer to draw/pixel... Well, it's your decision so good luck on this. Btw why don't you post screens of the engine in action if it's actually done... throwing some crap together for testing purpose and showing off would get you some more serious attention.

-seal