Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Skyrim

Robin

This game is really fun but for some odd reason, I can't seem to be motivated to keep playing. Does that make sense? When I first started, it was fun but after 10 or 20 minutes, I just stop. Well I just recently finished Saints Row: The Third so I'm gonna try playing it again.

Sincerely,
Rithy

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Rithy58:

> This game is really fun but for some odd reason, I can't seem to be motivated to keep playing. Does that make sense? When I first started, it was fun but after 10 or 20 minutes, I just stop.
>
> Sincerely,
> Rithy

Same for me, I played until like lvl 3 and I haven't touched it since that. Skyrim just doesn't give me that, "The Elder Scrolls" touch I've always loved. For me it feels like Bethesda were to fixed with the graphics.. I've recently downloaded Daggerfall, and Im now enyoning a almost 20 year old game more than Skyrim. Bethesda failed me on this one..

@Kusy:

> Kotaku's shit. Ho ho ho ho.

You're a shit. :>

Skyrim is amazing, but its far from the best Elder Scrolls game, i miss alot of stuff from Oblivion allthrough that game was a mess. I think Skyrim reminds me more of Fallout 3 than the Elder Scrolls games… its a different atmosphere.

Morrowind is still the shit :).
And i gotta play Daggerfall.

This game has kept me entertained for 173 hours.  But now, according to the wiki, I've done every quest worth doing. :(
I tried starting a new mage character but I find myself lacking the motivation to keep playing, currently installing Oblivion, see how that treats me then maybe I'll be revitalized for Skyrim again.

I'm not going to buy something I already payed full price for back when it first came out, if anything I'll probably just pirate it.
Been playing Oblivion for a bit, its nice see all the improvements Skyrim has made first hand.  I literally lol'd when I saw everyone's faces, the jump in graphics is impressive.  Don't know if I'll stick with Oblivion, been so long since I played it that it seems like a new game to me. :P

• 2 weeks later...
What I plan for me second char:Merchant.
absolutely no offensive skills.
keep everything passive aggresive.
smith and enchant gear for followers/selling.
only unlock quest shouts.
Sneak(maybe)
Smithing
Lockpicking
Enchanting
Alchemy
Speech
Pickpocket(maybe)
Conjuration(maybe)
Restoration

Beating the game without directly killing anything would be an epic feat(have to beat it normally first).

This is quite possibly the most anti-climax game I've ever played. Rant.

>! Odahviing
>! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkd8KTi1eEU
>! Free me, and I'll take you to Alduin!
>! So I get to ride on you?!
>! Yes!
>! *Selects "I'm Ready/Let's go" option.*
*Character climbs on, dragon flies off, camera watches forlonely as they fly away*
*screen blacks out, appear at location*
>! _**FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU**_
>! I mean really, with everything Bethesda has accomplished in this game, they couldn't spend another half-week coding in mouse-controlled movement when in Flying-a-dragon mode?
>! Heck, Freelancer has this kind of movement made beautifully. How can a game released 8 years later not do this?
>! * * *
>! Finish;
>! Thieves Guild: Good job.
Companions of the Hall: Good job.
Mage's Guild: Good job.
Dark Brotherhood: Good job.
Kill Alduin: Good job.
Defeat Imperials: Good job.
Defeat Rebels: Good job.
>! My character, dressed in Dragon armour, a mystical super-magic mask, totally buffed and enchanted weapons and every title in the game walks through town. Some 9 year old pips up about how much of a fag I am.
>! _**FUCKYOUFUSRODAH**_.
>! Heck, at the end of the last battle VS the Rebels, we literally came outside of the castle, the Imperial boss-guy gave a 30-second speech of victory to about five imperial soldiers, and that was the end of the game.
>! I've just decided to play Skyrim again recently, because I never finished the Mage's guild.
>! I just saved **the ducking world from obliteration**. Tolfdir said "Yeah, you're the Arch Mage now. Here's his clothes that I casually carry around with me, use his room if you like. Speak to me if you ever need guidance."
>! So I speak to him, expecting an opening to rebuild the college and the village below.
>! Nope.
>! Every time I started a new guild storyline, I was giving this game another chance to inspire and suprise me, hoping that at least one of them had a decent ending. They say that it's the journey and not the destination that matters and to a degree, that's true.
But even then, pretty much every part of the game is "Fetch" or "Destroy" quests.
>! And on top, most of the burning questions find no answer whatsoever!
Who becomes High King now?
What happens with the Thalmor?
Who will lead the Empire in the future and into what direction?
>! None of these big, political questions were solved or even advanced! In the end, the world is in the same state as before, just the Dragon threat it "over" and Ulfric is dead. I was SO disappointed to see that none of the main questions/threats beyond that were solved or even something was done about them.
>! * * *
>! In short: Skyrim is about as climatic as an old woman of 120 with severe arthritis. It just doesn't happen.
>! If anything though, **every** games developer should play this game thoroughly, as this game is an excellent guide as what not to do, storyline-wise.

iMad.

Yet another victim of the new "Expansion the EVERYTHING" culture…

EA Games = Make the whole product, then strip it down and sell the bits we strip off as expansions.
Bethesda = Make most of the product, then cut off the endings. We can glue some expansions on the end of that later.

@Azkanan:

> -snip-

Yeah, basically.
Bethesda is great at making lore and the world that contains it, but when it comes to taking part in that worlds history they suck major donkey balls.  Their narrative has always sucked, I just play the game for the world they made and RP my character's own story in it.
Now if only Bethesda and Bioware could team up for just one game…