Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Skyrim

Robin

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually can't wait to get this game <3\. I wasn't so excited about oblivion, got it like 2 years late, but that's because i hadn't heard much about it. But this looks really awesome, and now i'm all part of the excitement and stuff ^^. I wonder… it would be cool to have flying mounts~

The biggest thing they need to get right is the bloody level scaling. That system killed Oblivion.

The Morrowind/Fallout style of locking an area's level to the level you were when you first found it (within reason) should work fine if they've gone down that route.

@Kusy:

> I like the type of level locking areas where you can enter the place but get instakilled by something you can't handle.

Yea i agree with this, the best part of morrowind was getting into some hidden cave getting your ass kicked and barely making it out alive with some epic loot.

@Marsh:

> Yea i agree with this, the best part of morrowind was getting into some hidden cave getting your ass kicked and barely making it out alive with some epic loot.

Well in Morrowind you could just go to a farm near Vivec, kill a guard and loot a Deadric Dai-Katana… being the best not quest-obtained sword in the game... Daggerfall had it even better - it had 100% random loot generator, my friend looted the best sword in the whole game from some random bandit 10 minutes after starting a character.

Yeah, that's the kind of system I'm hoping for. The area is given a minimum/maximum level which can be based off your own. Allows for easy areas which stay easy, hard areas which stay hard and general areas which swing one way or another based on your level.

They also need to get the cities very unique. They sort of merged together in Oblivion. The diversity you had in Morrowind was amazing.

Hope they bring back the old vampire systems from Morrowind either through DLC or modding. I loved created an army of thralls to do my bidding.

@Kusy:

> Well in Morrowind you could just go to a farm near Vivec, kill a guard and loot a Deadric Dai-Katana… being the best not quest-obtained sword in the game... Daggerfall had it even better - it had 100% random loot generator, my friend looted the best sword in the whole game from some random bandit 10 minutes after starting a character.

I dont know if you had the expansions. Anyway i started a new game got to the island with the werewolves and got the arrows and the gloves in the hidden stump. Died like 50 times and spent at least a hour getting it. Those arrows could like 1 hit gods though. So worth it at level 1.

Funny fact… there were wereboars in Daggerfall.

Yeah, I had the expansions. Bloodmoon was totally unbalanced when it comes to that, if you did the quest line as Hircine's hound you were unstoppable in the main game, Hircine Werewolf buffs were incredible and you could shift to a Werewolf whenever you wanted with that ring.

Also, there was a glass armor in one of the dungeons on Soltsheim, it was possible to loot it and escape without dying.

Yea i was always turning into a werewolf and just destroying towns, definitely overpowered. Though that was the type of game where i made like 20 different guys and did everything. I forget the expansion names but the city expansion was really really fun and balanced in my opinion. Fuck i loved morrowind you could play that game for years.

Oblivion was fun but i didnt put as much time into as i should have. It irritated me that no matter how much better you got everything just scaled with you. What was the point of even getting a sweet weapon it was basically as good as all the others.

@Marsh:

> Oblivion was fun but i didnt put as much time into as i should have. It irritated me that no matter how much better you got everything just scaled with you. What was the point of even getting a sweet weapon it was basically as good as all the others.

Everything except the NPCharacters… if you reached level 25 before the Battle of Bruma you were deeply fucked because Martin Septim and Town Guards were not level scaling while Oblivion monsters were... and if Martin dies in that mission you have to restart.

• 4 weeks later...