Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Skyrim

Robin

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only thing that's making me mad, is my first char was too 'all over the place' with no real build. but he was whooping things easily. (downed a dragon in one landing at lvl 22), but my second character is very focused on archer/dual swords w light armor and sneak… and I get whooped all the time. a bear one shot me. my light armor is 52, wearing elven, with all available perks, and lvl 27\.

I just don't get it.

My stealth character can't fight. However, He can one hit kill anything if he sneak attacks it. The problem is that with a stealth character you get more lockpicking, pickpocketing, and other skills that don't actually help you when you fight something.
If you want a character to be good at fighting, make a big warrior. Stealth characters should be used for stealing and murdering.

@Eckhart:

> My stealth character can't fight. However, He can one hit kill anything if he sneak attacks it. The problem is that with a stealth character you get more lockpicking, pickpocketing, and other skills that don't actually help you when you fight something.
> If you want a character to be good at fighting, make a big warrior. Stealth characters should be used for stealing and murdering.

I enjoyed my char with 100 sneak and pickpocket. I would steal someoens armor and weapons. Then kill them.

Did anyone here have issues installing Skyrim? For me it's got no sound and I get stuck in places - I got stuck in the wagon at the beginning, just sat there with the other NPCs for twenty minutes with nothing happening. Then I downloaded a savegame for just after you get out of the wagon and nothing's happening there either. There's also no sound at all, except the Bethesda screen at first.

Has anyone else had these issues? They seem pretty widespread, but nothing on the internet has helped at all D:

@Eckhart:

> You bought it? Weird. Has it been updated? I know there's a patch for no sound somewhere.

There is and it sucks. It made zero difference. Turns out I just had to update DirectX3D - it was an old version (Circa 2009) because I don't use my gaming PC often. Pretty happy with it now, though. I think I'm in love with the exploration elements.

• 2 weeks later...
That's impressive, I didn't use a walk through, so I did trail and error a few hours finding the correct storyline, and you have to join one of two of the civil war sides. I also explored the map entirely in that time being in the 1% of Raptr users to do that.

18 hours, seems pretty farfetched. Kudos nonetheless.

@Sealbreaker:

> playing straight through in 42 hours??? I needed like 18 on expert mode, how did you waste so much time???

'waste' time? I don't think games were made to be rushed. Enjoy your moneys worth, especially in a game like Skyrim, where there is a lot of gameplay content. I haven't played for a while, but I've barely touched the main storyline and I've put at least 50 hours in.

@Kreator:

> 'waste' time? I don't think games were made to be rushed. Enjoy your moneys worth, especially in a game like Skyrim, where there is a lot of gameplay content. I haven't played for a while, but I've barely touched the main storyline and I've put at least 50 hours in.

Yeah I got back on a Call of Duty and Logged about 50 hours in of it this month, Skyrim, I just picked back up with a new story mode. I'm about 2 hours in and haven't done nearly anything, still exploring areas in depth more.

@Sealbreaker:

> playing straight through in 42 hours??? I needed like 18 on expert mode, how did you waste so much time??? Or am I understanding you wrong (straight through means just main questline for me)?
>
> -seal

18? Whaaat? I still play on my first character, and I'm up to about 160 hours and I don't think I've done everything yet o_O

Overall, a great game, despite the main storyline being a huge disappointment.