Find results in...

Eclipse: Skywyre Edition v10

SkywardRiver

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@'BeNjO':

> when it errors over over each part of it, like  mapnum / data1 / .health etc see where it is.

Right its says .health is Out of range.
I tried changing health values of tress, removing map, removing resources. Ect. In the default Prim7 Native Src. it errors out the same way too, So its nothing I did! Its not my tree im trying to fix this as a general error in the code.

What have you done to try and solve it? I'm willing to help but would like to know if your attempting to do them your self first xD

Edit:

Look in modcombat, find a sub that deals with combat, Then look through that code for what your looking for.

@SkywardRiver I found quite a few bugs for you to look into lol (I tested all of these in Skywyre v7).

1) Players cannot actually damage players, I tested this with EO2 and it works, but with Skywyre Prim, it does show the damage and if you parry, but it does not actually damage the player (damage is placed above the player, but their health never actually drops)
2) The frequency button on the map editor doesn't seem to work, it doesn't place tiles at least.
3) When you're editing a map, if you are using any pasting type other than Normal, then the game lags too hard to actually be able to map, I get a solid 1fps if that, I mean it lags HARD, there's no way to actually use them to map.
4) In the item editor currency type, you have a stackable checkbox, which does nothing: the item is stackable regardless of if it's checked or unchecked.

To sum up, fix the players attacking players, the frequency in the map editor, the map editing lag, and the stackable items in the currency type. Those are all the issues I've found thus far :)

@'Mohenjo:

> 1) Players cannot actually damage players, I tested this with EO2 and it works, but with Skywyre Prim, it does show the damage and if you parry, but it does not actually damage the player (damage is placed above the player, but their health never actually drops)

Yeah, this is definitely a big one. I've actually noticed this with the past few versions of Skywyre.

Seriously guys…

In PlayerAttackPlayer
Change
```
If Damage < 0 Then
```
to
```
If Damage > 0 Then
```
Took me 2 seconds of looking over the sub…

Stackable works perfectly fine, currency & stackable:

![](http://puu.sh/lmNqY/a7ab6629a4.png)

It checks if its a Currency OR stackable then XXX.. Nothing wrong here.

Here's a change that some people might want, it'll allow players to PvP on any map except for the safe zone moral maps (This is just a simple edit, doesn't need to be added to the engine)

Find (In the server, should be in 2 places)
```
If Not Map(GetPlayerMap(attacker)).Moral = MAP_MORAL_NONE Then
```
And replace it with
```
If Map(GetPlayerMap(attacker)).Moral = MAP_MORAL_SAFE Then 'If Not Map(GetPlayerMap(attacker)).Moral = MAP_MORAL_NONE Then
```
This isn't a fix, it's just a preference change :)

• 4 weeks later...
Quick unofficial fix-up for the server to whoever wants it and/or cannot seem to get VB6 SP6 installed correctly.

What this does:

* Fixes the damage issue above
* Makes combat run off of the correct stat for defending (this is an issue in EVERY version that is a derivative of Eclipse Origins 2.0 [probably earlier than that, even], I'm surprised it's persisted this long)
* Removal of the account editor tab on the basis that this functionality should be an external editor. It functions like crap (in that it's a ui/ux nightmare), anyway.
* Changed the experience…checkboxes (why?) into a scrollbar.
* Removes all controls used in VB6 SP6\.  Should open just fine with a vanilla copy of VB6, no need for additional installations. The tabs are gone, and the ListView for players is replaced with a ListBox. Made the changes accordingly to accommodate this.
* Changed the constants to load a sensible amount of content. Why the bloody hell is it set to 300 maps, players can expand as they need it.

Because it just makes those simple changes, you can use this with a Skywyre v7 client perfectly fine and can just replace your server entirely if you've made no changes to your server. I've only made two substantial changes (one given above), this is just mostly cruft trimming and trying to get rid of the bloody SP6 dependencies. 

You may download it here: glaciate.net/sandbox/sp6less-server.zip

![](http://i.imgur.com/BYK2uwx.png)

Please never make me touch VB6 again.
edit: whoopsies, forgot to make the EXP label update. Just know that it goes from 0 to 10 and it starts off at 1 by default.
edit2: to be clear, this just includes the compiled server and the server source. No client. No server data. You will need to download Skywyre v7 and replace its server with this if you want to use it.

Well I am going to download it but will this in anyways help with the FPS? I don't know about others but if I use auto/animated tiles my FPS drops to the low 50's and it seems that once the FPS drops to below 58ish events are either extremely slow or stop working all together. I really like this engine and have made alot of custom pixel and gui work specifically for this engine and it really sucks when I can't use my work to its full potential. Anyways, the engine is nice and I really appreciate the work but please fix the FPS issues.

Good job Carim,

Something that people forget is the Service Packs can be a pain, I've been there myself. Glad sky is using it now!

@Zetasis using auto tiles is, in a way, a beginner helper tool. I'd recommend not using them and tiling it your self as it uses calculations ect that bring down the FPS a lot. You can not guarantee that your players will ALL have high end machines so it's best to tile correctly and save every frame :).

Autotiles can work great, I use AutoTiles in my Eclipse Edit and players receive 300-400FPS.

The biggest improvements that can be made with Eclipse come from a lot of rewriting the Render_Graphics routine to do the following:
A) Cache the Entire Ground and Mask Layers into one big texture and then show it in chunks
B) Cache the Entire Fringe layers into another big texture and then show it in chunks
C) A lot of the For X = 0 to Map.MaxX etc really shouldn't exist and need to be replaced with From X = TileView.Left to TileView.Right + 1 (same with the Y)
D) Rendering a GUI can chew up your FPS if you're using a ton of needlessly large textures, keep it simple.

Hello,
I have several questions.
1\. A you can change fonts ".dat and .png'? (I need a Russian. I'm in the VB translated, but with this problem, do not know how to replace).
2\. Can you do auto update?
3\. And is it possible to make the database in MySQL?.
4\. And yet, if there are any lessons?
P.S. I will be grateful :)