Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse: Skywyre Edition v10

SkywardRiver

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason when I move maps in my game it comes up with "Unrecoverable DX8 Error" and closes the game then when u open it again ull be on the next map, but I dont want people to be reopening everytime they move map.

I thought it may be my computer so I got a friend to download it at home and same things have I gone wrong somewhere in v8 if so how would I fix?

Thank you. - The engine is also amazing

@'Zetasis':

> Oh, sorry I didn't realize there was even lag when placing autotiles. The biggest problem for me is the FPS drop. It makes it almost impossible to make a game with the terrible drop in FPS.

had some time free this morning so I looked into the code a bit more, after ~30min of debugging I found the reason for the autotile lag, conclusion after fix: only 1-2fps drop, never goes below 62 on a 100x100 map with all tiles being animated
pic:

>! ![](http://s12.postimg.org/5gi6ti7ct/autotile_lag_fix.png)

@'azaewz':

> For some reason when I move maps in my game it comes up with "Unrecoverable DX8 Error" and closes the game then when u open it again ull be on the next map, but I dont want people to be reopening everytime they move map.
>
> I thought it may be my computer so I got a friend to download it at home and same things have I gone wrong somewhere in v8 if so how would I fix?
>
> Thank you. - The engine is also amazing

If you're going over map 50 then that's the issue, you'll have to change the source to hold more maps and then recompile it, otherwise, not sure what the issue is

@'Slasheree':

> @'Zetasis':
>
> > Oh, sorry I didn't realize there was even lag when placing autotiles. The biggest problem for me is the FPS drop. It makes it almost impossible to make a game with the terrible drop in FPS.
>
> had some time free this morning so I looked into the code a bit more, after ~30min of debugging I found the reason for the autotile lag, conclusion after fix: only 1-2fps drop, never goes below 62 on a 100x100 map with all tiles being animated
> pic:
>
> >! ![](http://s12.postimg.org/5gi6ti7ct/autotile_lag_fix.png)

\

Just curious if you have already tried eclipse worlds autotile system? Is it any different? Maybe Helleden has solved this issue with EW. For the record, I myself haven't used EW yet so I wouldn't know.

@'Lavos':

> @'Slasheree':
>
> > @'Zetasis':
> >
> > > Oh, sorry I didn't realize there was even lag when placing autotiles. The biggest problem for me is the FPS drop. It makes it almost impossible to make a game with the terrible drop in FPS.
> >
> > had some time free this morning so I looked into the code a bit more, after ~30min of debugging I found the reason for the autotile lag, conclusion after fix: only 1-2fps drop, never goes below 62 on a 100x100 map with all tiles being animated
> > pic:
> >
> > >! ![](http://s12.postimg.org/5gi6ti7ct/autotile_lag_fix.png)
>
> \
>
> Just curious if you have already tried eclipse worlds autotile system? Is it any different? Maybe Helleden has solved this issue with EW. For the record, I myself haven't used EW yet so I wouldn't know.

tried a 100x100 map in EW, got 21fps, so it's not fixed there.

This is a really good engine. Thanks alot!

I found some bugs:
Player projecttiles have endless range in pvp.
Player projecttiles can attack other players when they are more then 10 levels below. They can even attack admins lol :P.
Player projecttiles can hit other players through blocks.
Unrecoverable dx8 error. I only got this once when I was moving a item from the far left up to the far right down in the inventory.
Item class requirements doesn't seem to work.

Not a bug, but maybe you could implement that you can stun a player?

Oh, and can someone explain me the weight system and how you can change the spawn point?

Small fix here,

Server side guild playerdata is been sent as byte string string long, but the client is reading it as byte string string integer. Adding anything to the player data after the guild data will be wrong.

Server side:

![](http://puu.sh/n7xxU/d9219bd2a2.png)

Client side:

![](http://puu.sh/n7xym/77c18d8ff6.png)

Change client side to readlong to fix this.

Also Quest's do not have a class requirement check on "CanStart", Simply add a check in the CanStart sub of the server to fix it.

Hey. The movementspeed trick worked ^^ thanks. Is it possible to change the characters and npcs to 2 tiles instead of one? I used another engine and only have much character tilesets with 2 tiles per character. I thid engine it's only one. How to change it via code to 2?

Thank you :)