Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse: Skywyre Edition v10

SkywardRiver

@'iLeGiTiMx':

> Is it possible to make the cursor above anything? I want to add a normal VB6 button, and make it usable for users. I can click it, but i don´t see the cursor.
> The Button is in the Gamewindow.
> Any help? :S

This is because the game cursor is actually rendered in a DirectX "canvas". In laymen terms it means: Window's isn't rendering the cursor but instead the games graphics are.

Regarding your full screen issue, it's actually quite easy to implement a "stretching" full screen, this is when the game stretches according to the window size. This creates a rather pixelated screen when stretched to a big size. If you're wondering how to implement a "stretching" full screen, I may post a tutorial in the near future but if I can pull out the code snippet from a game I was working on a long time ago I could help you out rather quickly.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@'iLeGiTiMx':

> Okay. Would be nice. But istn´t there a way to just expand the game window without stretching? I only want to see more of the world, and not stretch it ^^
> Thanks

That is what we call "real" full screen. "real" full screen "stretches" the camera's view matrix which allows you to see more. I've never tried implementing it myself in Eclipse but have done it in other games (using different engines).

• 3 weeks later...
@Killer I have sent you a message.

I am afraid to say that this engine is no longer available as Skyward has taken down the download and has expressed his wish that it should not be uploaded. again. (And I am not talking about just from here.)

As such I think we can say that this engine is no longer available and as such I think a Moderator should lock this topic.