> ```
> ' Default starting location [Server Only]
>
> Public Const START_MAP As Long =
> Public Const START_X As Long =
> Public Const START_Y As Long =
>
> ```

Thank you, found this specific string from ModConstants. It does seem to be what I'm looking for, however modifying this value doesn't actually seem to change the spawn location. I've changed it to

Public Const START_MAP As Long = 1
Public Const START_X As Long = 10
Public Const START_Y As Long = 10

But new players still spawn at X 12 Y 7, even after I've booted both server and client.

Any idea why?

@'LeoSenpai':

> I mean, the default 'paper dolls' don't work.

I think I had the exact same problem as you do with paperdolls. The default sprites don't match with the paperdoll graphics. The sprites have 12 frames of animation, the paperdolls have 16\. The dimensions also differ. That's why the paperdolls appear broken, they're meant for different sprites.

I solved it by making new paperdoll graphics with PixelFormer, using the default sprite graphics as a base.

@'Exception':

> Did you compile your source code with Visual Basic 6 Enterprise or Visual Basic 6 Professional?

Okay, mate, you've lost me there. I've only used notepad for editing the code so far.

Are you saying I need one of these programs to edit properly? I could use some education.

@'Dudemo':

> @'Exception':
>
> > Did you compile your source code with Visual Basic 6 Enterprise or Visual Basic 6 Professional?
>
> Okay, mate, you've lost me there. I've only used notepad for editing the code so far.
>
> Are you saying I need one of these programs to edit properly? I could use some education.

That'll be the issue. In order to make your changes to a runnable program, you need to compile it.

Unfortunately, I can't provide a link to VB6 Enterprise/Professional (as it is technically proprietary software, however old it is), so you'll have to find it. You can find it on DreamSpark (if you're a student) or torrent sites.

Here is a tutorial that covers installing VB6 on Windows 10: http://blog.danbrust.net/2015/09/14/installing-visual-basic-studio-6-on-windows-10/

Make sure you get VB6 Enterprise/Professional, **not Portable**.

@'Exception':

> That'll be the issue. In order to make your changes to a runnable program, you need to compile it.
>
> Unfortunately, I can't provide a link to VB6 Enterprise/Professional (as it is technically proprietary software, however old it is), so you'll have to find it. You can find it on DreamSpark (if you're a student) or torrent sites.
>
> Here is a tutorial that covers installing VB6 on Windows 10: http://blog.danbrust.net/2015/09/14/installing-visual-basic-studio-6-on-windows-10/
>
> Make sure you get VB6 Enterprise/Professional, **not Portable**.

Oh, I see! Thanks, this is immensely helpful!

+1

A QUESTION .. I have a problem when it comes to cause a power hurts the NPC …. I try try but nothing ..... Is A Bugg ? ... On the set pleace? ..... I am from Argentina . My English is not good :c ...

Una pregunta.. tengo un problema a la hora de hacer que un Poder haga daño a los NPC .... intento intento pero nada..... es un Bugg ?... podrían fijarse por favor ?..... soy de Argentina. Mi ingles no es bueno ...

@'GLGanjika':

> has anyone been getting scrambled NPC and Map windows in eclipse primitive or SEB engine, a least since windows 10? How can this be fixed? :P Thank you for all feedback!

Some legacy apps have GUI issues when your PC is set to scale. Go to your display settings and make sure your display scale is set to 100% and nothing higher.

![](http://winsupersite.com/site-files/winsupersite.com/files/uploads/2013/06/w81-scaling-series9-01.jpg)

![](http://puu.sh/mzxPC/989c0d7a40.png)

This is the reason for auto tile sucking. This is the same in all engines I have checked. It checks from 0,0 to the maps MaxX and MaxY and all layers per click/Ok/Cancel.

Its not too bad on small maps, but when your maps get big it dies:

Example:

30x30 map, 5 layers (ground, mask 1 mask 2 fringe 1 fringe 2)

900 tiles per layer, 5 layers = 4500 total

and thats why it dies.

@'BeNjO':

> ![](http://puu.sh/mzxPC/989c0d7a40.png)
>
> This is the reason for auto tile sucking. This is the same in all engines I have checked. It checks from 0,0 to the maps MaxX and MaxY and all layers per click/Ok/Cancel.
>
> Its not too bad on small maps, but when your maps get big it dies:
>
> Example:
>
> 30x30 map, 5 layers (ground, mask 1 mask 2 fringe 1 fringe 2)
>
> 900 tiles per layer,  5 layers = 4500 total
>
> and thats why it dies.

There's gotta be a way to clip tiles out of view.

It should really be changed to check and adjust the single tile, I forgot to mention,

```
CalculateNW_Normal layerNum, x, y

' North East Quarter
CalculateNE_Normal layerNum, x, y

' South West Quarter
CalculateSW_Normal layerNum, x, y

' South East Quarter
CalculateSE_Normal layerNum, x, y

```
it does each one of those lines PER click, so it calculates SW/SE/NE/NW per click 4500 times

Its not every tick, its every map load/ map editor cancel, map editor OK, clicking on a the map with AutoTile selected in the map editor.

I'v just copied the whole sub and made the map editor use that alone, it has 0 lag looks al right to me and then its updated on clicking OK. Small issue with the calculations but at least there's 0 lag..

Also i checked from Elysium Diamond (no auto tile) all the way engine to engine up to Skywyre and if the engine has auto tile it uses the same MaxX MaxY as Skywyre :(.

@'BeNjO':

> Its not every tick, its every map load/ map editor cancel, map editor OK, clicking on a the map with AutoTile selected in the map editor.
>
> I'v just copied the whole sub and made the map editor use that alone, it has 0 lag looks al right to me and then its updated on clicking OK. Small issue with the calculations but at least there's 0 lag..
>
> Also i checked from Elysium Diamond (no auto tile) all the way engine to engine up to Skywyre and if the engine has auto tile it uses the same MaxX MaxY as Skywyre :(.

I'm not familiar with the auto tile code, but is there anything that the calculateAutoTile is doing that prevents it from being saved out to a file/loading in as opposed to calculating it every time a map changes? If the editor could calculate everything on save and dump it to a file, you'd only need to load those files and parse them for the data as opposed to calculating every time. Should cut down on compute time significantly for larger maps.

@'AcidTumbleweed':

> @'GLGanjika':
>
> > has anyone been getting scrambled NPC and Map windows in eclipse primitive or SEB engine, a least since windows 10? How can this be fixed? :P Thank you for all feedback!
>
> Some legacy apps have GUI issues when your PC is set to scale. Go to your display settings and make sure your display scale is set to 100% and nothing higher.
>
> ![](http://winsupersite.com/site-files/winsupersite.com/files/uploads/2013/06/w81-scaling-series9-01.jpg)

Was already set to 100, is there anything else I could be doing wrong? :P :( Thanks again for feedback!