Find results in...

Eclipse: Skywyre Edition v10

SkywardRiver

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some weird bug has happened.

I was writing an event(was in the talkbox part, writing text only, nothing else, and i got RTE 9 subscript out of range, and then the map turned to this http://imgur.com/uxwxncI

Trying to create an event on that map now gives the same RTE

Don't really know what to report or how i triggered it, but might be something worth looking into

@Trav I've encountered that glitch too, it seems to have to do with having too many lines on a single event causing it to RTE 9\. Then the map gets replaced with whatever your map 1 above it is, or it glitches out how your screenshot depicts.

Alright cool! And deleting the client side map caches fixed it. I just have one question, i skimmed through all the pages but i couldn't find a definitive answer, and that is why cant i pick up items or is there something i havent tried? I feel dumb as shit

Technically you could render the entire map at once to a backbuffer and turn that into a texture, then image and save it.. Problem is this often turns a bit skewed with larger maps or odd sizes. (It's also a hell of a lot of work to implement it. :P)

I'm sorry man, i still don't get the paperdolling, i got the facing down row looking ok but the other ones i can't figure out, they all wind up outside of it's grid, invading on the next one if you dont want to cut out too much. Would it be possible for you to upload a template with where the hands are? on a paperdoll sheet that is.

I set offsets on the weapons and shields so that you could render the entire thing without a cutoff. If you want, you can replace the paperdoll offset with this: (in modGraphics -> DrawPlayer)

```
Select Case GetPlayerDir(Index)

Case DIR_DOWN

If GetTickCount > Player(Index).StartFlash Then
       Call DrawSprite(Sprite, X, Y, rec, a, r, G, B)
       Player(Index).StartFlash = 0
   Else

Call DrawSprite(Sprite, X, Y, rec, a, r, G, B, True)
   End If

'Helmet
   If GetPlayerEquipment(Index, helmet) > 0 Then

If Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, helmet)).Paperdoll > 0 Then
   Call DrawPaperdoll(X, Y, Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, helmet)).Paperdoll, Anim, spritetop, a, 255 - Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, helmet)).r, 255 - Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, helmet)).G, 255 - Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, helmet)).B)

End If
   End If

'Armor
   If GetPlayerEquipment(Index, armor) > 0 Then

If Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, armor)).Paperdoll > 0 Then
   Call DrawPaperdoll(X, Y, Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, armor)).Paperdoll, Anim, spritetop, a, 255 - Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, armor)).r, 255 - Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, armor)).G, 255 - Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, armor)).B)

End If
   End If

'Enchant
   If GetPlayerEquipment(Index, enchant) > 0 Then

If Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, enchant)).Paperdoll > 0 Then
   Call DrawPaperdoll(X, Y, Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, enchant)).Paperdoll, Anim, spritetop, a, 255 - Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, enchant)).r, 255 - Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, enchant)).G, 255 - Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, enchant)).B)

End If
   End If

'Shield
   If GetPlayerEquipment(Index, shield) > 0 Then

If Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, shield)).Paperdoll > 0 Then
   Call DrawPaperdoll(X, Y, Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, shield)).Paperdoll, Anim, spritetop, a, 255 - Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, shield)).r, 255 - Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, shield)).G, 255 - Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, shield)).B)

End If
   End If

'Weapon
   If GetPlayerEquipment(Index, weapon) > 0 Then

If Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, weapon)).Paperdoll > 0 Then
   Call DrawPaperdoll(X, Y, Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, weapon)).Paperdoll, Anim, spritetop, a, 255 - Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, weapon)).r, 255 - Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, weapon)).G, 255 - Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, weapon)).B)

End If
   End If

Case DIR_UP

'Shield

Call DrawPaperdoll(X, Y, Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, shield)).Paperdoll, Anim, spritetop, a, 255 - Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, shield)).r, 255 - Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, shield)).G, 255 - Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, shield)).B)
   End If
   End If

'Weapon

Call DrawPaperdoll(X, Y, Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, weapon)).Paperdoll, Anim, spritetop, a, 255 - Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, weapon)).r, 255 - Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, weapon)).G, 255 - Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, weapon)).B)

End If
   End If

Else

End If

'Helmet

Call DrawPaperdoll(X, Y, Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, helmet)).Paperdoll, Anim, spritetop, a, 255 - Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, helmet)).r, 255 - Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, helmet)).G, 255 - Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, helmet)).B)

End If
   End If

'Armor

Call DrawPaperdoll(X, Y, Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, armor)).Paperdoll, Anim, spritetop, a, 255 - Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, armor)).r, 255 - Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, armor)).G, 255 - Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, armor)).B)

End If
   End If

'Enchant

Call DrawPaperdoll(X, Y, Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, enchant)).Paperdoll, Anim, spritetop, a, 255 - Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, enchant)).r, 255 - Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, enchant)).G, 255 - Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, enchant)).B)

End If
   End If

Case DIR_LEFT

'Weapon

End If
   End If

Else

End If

'Helmet

End If
   End If

'Armor

End If
   End If

'Enchant

End If
   End If

'Shield

End If
   End If

Case DIR_RIGHT

'Shield

End If
   End If

Else

End If

'Helmet

End If
   End If

'Armor

End If
   End If

'Enchant

End If
   End If

'Weapon

End If
   End If

End Select
```
And then go strictly off the sprite as a template.

I'd very much like to use the ones im currently having problems with, it leaves me with more options as to how to paperdoll things, the problem i have is where is the base, cause i can't seem to find it, and it uses all 3 sprite directions for movement, so it's difficult to tell where it's faulty. Like weapons, you said they are x-16, but x-16 from where?

Some Questions
Is there some way to set more than 255 quests?  at 256 I get a compile error in VB6 ^_^ all other things like the npc's and Maps working with a change to 1000
How can the degree of darkness of the night to adjust?

And thx again SkywardRiver for Eclipse: Skywyre Edition :-3
It's great fun to work with it